FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion
Feb 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #136 of 209

Such method will work if player has its own flash memory to store library. I am unaware of such memory in X5. Are you?

*nodding* I had assumed the library was on whatever internal memory is used to store the OS.

I think this following from reading these two items in the Fiio X1/X3/X5 FAQ :

---------------------
Q: Some songs on the TF card don’t show on the X1/X3/X5?
A:
1. Have you performed a media library update after you last loaded songs onto the card? Go to System Set-tings->Update Media Lib, press OK to perform a manual media library update.
2. If songs are still missing (or if they don’t appear even in Browse Files), try updating the X1/X3/X5 to the latest firmware.
3. After updating to the latest firmware, pls try to delete the hidden database file(usrlocal_media.db)in the X1/X3/X5. Then try updating the media library again. Pls be noted that, for the X1 and X5, the database file will be automatically deleted when update the media ibrary manually without the TF card.

and

Q: How to delete X1/X3/X5’s media library database file?
A: 1. Eject the TF car from the X1/X5 before updating the media library. The X1 will delete the media library database file automatically.
--------------------

I cannot find any usrlocal_media.db file on the sd card, so I assume it is in internal memory. Following the method described here does not seem to result in the media library reflecting the current id3 tag contents in the song files... odd...

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #141 of 209
Thanks for the response, wasn't sure if the sound was better.  Would be nice to get the other features.  I am computer idiot, and cannot figure out how to install the new firmware.  Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere?  Maybe a youtube video?  I looked, but could not find.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #142 of 209
there are pretty detailed instructions that download with x5 firmware. 
download the firmware
after you have the x5.FW file 
copy it to the card that you have in the slot 1, the left slot.
turn off the x5
keep pressed the power and top left in the same time
after 5 seconds, the screen will light up
do not do anything until it restarts ~1 minute or less
after it restarts it has the new firmware... 

if you don't understand, you can ask...

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #147 of 209
OK, I ironed out the residual stupidity of a version migration in Notepad++ that wiped out some old macros, including versions of this.  This will add #EXTM3U to the top of the playlists so it will play nice with whatever you're using to create playlists that doesn't automatically do this for you.

If you want to record the macro manually, use this:
Code:
 Ctrl + Numpad 1 Ctrl + Alt + Enter #EXTM3U Ctrl + S Ctrl + W

If you want to put this in your shortcuts.xml, it's this:
Code:
         <Macro name="#EXTM3U Line Entry" Ctrl="yes" Alt="no" Shift="yes" Key="88">             <Action type="0" message="2025" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="0" message="2422" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="0" message="2325" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="44086" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="1" message="2003" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="&#x000D;" />             <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="42057" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="#" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="E" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="X" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="T" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="M" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="3" />             <Action type="1" message="2170" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="U" />             <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="41006" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="0" message="2025" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="0" message="2422" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="0" message="2325" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />             <Action type="2" message="0" wParam="41003" lParam="0" sParam="" />         </Macro>

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #148 of 209
It has indeed gone very quiet here. When the hell are we gonna get the feature to browse more quickly as it's been requested already BILLIONS of time and would be very easy to implement?! Anyhow, now with 2.4, there won't ever be any reasons to upgrade until it happens.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #149 of 209
  It has indeed gone very quiet here. When the hell are we gonna get the feature to browse more quickly as it's been requested already BILLIONS of time and would be very easy to implement?! Anyhow, now with 2.4, there won't ever be any reasons to upgrade until it happens.

Set your folders up:

A-C
D-F
G-I
J-L etc

Then put the artist under each appropriate folder

Then put their albums under those folders.

Use folder mode.

Scrolling and finding albums now a lot faster 
wink.gif

Oh and mention it to the BILLIONS of people who're having issues with it.  It might help them too.

Your welcome 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #150 of 209
Sure it would work that way but I shouldn't have to do such a complex "extremly super ultra mega long sorting" just to bypass the idiots at Fiio who couldn't think of something as simple as holding the center button while browsing the Artist, in order to pop-up a menu with letters from A to Z so you can scroll to ur letter then press the center button again to confirm.

I have 14,317 tested mp3 and I already had to create many folders to prevent the 15 seconds user interface freezing at the beginning of each songs or when scrolling back and forth. Now I have all files starting with "A" inside the folder "A" and so on, so I have 26 folders. Having a new folder for each artirst + each albums from them would make it go from 26 folders to something between 2000-4000 folders!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back