Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jul 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #226 of 2,614
Thanks for that. I'll look forward to future firmware updates. I just love my X5, even though I'm havin' serious OTG issues at the moment (see post http://www.head-fi.org/t/727494/x5-otg-issues#post_10729823)

regards
Glenn

I believe that is available in the Beta firmware 2.07...

This is a thread discussing fw 2.0 and in the first post Joe Bloggs wrote that this issue can't be addressed due to firmware coding limitations.

Try here (for the discussion):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726017/fiio-x5-proposed-new-functionality-add-whole-folders-to-playlist-auto-advance-playback-through-folders

and here (for Beta FW 2.07):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726023/fiio-x5-beta-firmware-2-06beta-2-07beta-download-and-discussion-all-sorts-of-sorting-improvements

Hope this helps...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #228 of 2,614
Is there a way to change the layout of the "Playing Now" screen?

Not as of now, however, if someone manages to reverse engineer the X5, we could do anything. Don't count on this though :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #229 of 2,614
Not as of now, however, if someone manages to reverse engineer the X5, we could do anything. Don't count on this though 

I see... A pity indeed, was hoping to be able to make a Playing Now screen like the DX50's or DX90's. I did take a look at the files for the X5 and thought I can do something about that...

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #230 of 2,614
I have an X5 now and it has some weird stuff that happens from time to time.

Sometimes when I hit the volume down button it will go back to the first song on the album.

I can't go forward or back a song unless the screen is lit.

Is this normal for this player? I think I have v2 of the firmware.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #231 of 2,614

Sometimes when I hit the volume down button it will go back to the first song on the album.

Do you hold the volume button?

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #233 of 2,614

To use the forward and back keys you need to change over to Lockscreen2 in the settings menu. It'll show a picture of the active keys in the lock screen.

When the screen is off the volume keys act as Forward/Back buttons when held. To change volume in the lock screen you need to use multiple short presses on the volume buttons.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #235 of 2,614
Yes, am I not suppose to do that?

Also, I noticed some static before some songs. Maybe for half a second. I notice this on a DSD album.

The X5 converts DSD to PCM so perhaps that is what you are hearing.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #236 of 2,614

I was a little confused myself because it did this... it really had me in a twist, but then I read the user manual.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #237 of 2,614
Who reads the user manual? LOL.

I purchased the X5 because I wanted to listen to some DSD albums. The only one I have so far is Jimmy D. Lane with Double Trouble which sounds pretty good to me. I wanted to try Frampton Comes Alive but that was $50! So I got it from Amazon for $9.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #238 of 2,614
Who reads the user manual? LOL.

I purchased the X5 because I wanted to listen to some DSD albums. The only one I have so far is Jimmy D. Lane with Double Trouble which sounds pretty good to me. I wanted to try Frampton Comes Alive but that was $50! So I got it from Amazon for $9.

;A;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back