Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 15, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #46 of 2,614
Wow! Just wow! That's beautiful, flowerlandfilms! Thanks for your efforts. It looks stunning!

edit: I'm doing some light testing(mostly enjoying the graphics
biggrin.gif
). I found something that I don't know if it is a bug or not(sorry for the horrible picture, just don't have a better camera:

The light pattern strip on top of "Now playing" mode. It only shows when there are lyrics to be displayed.

May 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #49 of 2,614
Loving what I'm seeing here.

Apologies if this has been mentioned - I did skim the thread for it, but may have missed it... is the Aztechno theme built on FW2.0?

Aztechno Beta 1.0 completed! (Based on Fiio Firmware release 2.0)

Use at your own peril, but know that I am currently using it just fine on my X5, no problems.

Let me know if you see any bugs and all that jazz.

In the next build I will redo the topbar which I'm not happy with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o69oc9bnzfvjkw/x5.fw

May 15, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #51 of 2,614
  Loving what I'm seeing here.

Apologies if this has been mentioned - I did skim the thread for it, but may have missed it... is the Aztechno theme built on FW2.0?

I built the first post listing as a hierarchy using the base firmwares as main items. Which means that all sub-items under 2.0 are based on 2.0.

I did it that way so it is easy to find firmwares but if you have a suggestion to list the firmwares in a more intuitive way I'm open to suggestions.

May 15, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #53 of 2,614
  hi guys.how do you put lyrics on x5?

I think those need to be in the tags of the track. you can ask over at the "Main" X5 thread, there are more people monitoring that thread and you're more likely to have a complete/definitive answer.

May 15, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #55 of 2,614
  Aztechno Beta 1.0 completed! (Based on Fiio Firmware release 2.0)
Use at your own peril, but know that I am currently using it just fine on my X5, no problems.
Let me know if you see any bugs and all that jazz.
In the next build I will redo the topbar which I'm not happy with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o69oc9bnzfvjkw/x5.fw

AMAZING JOB!!!  Do you think you will be able to make a version with a more "traditional" icons?  I love the selection of new icons, but have to admit it takes awhile to get use to.  Everything is perfect, but I just wish there would be an alternative version with regular icons or maybe more traditional.  And maybe reverse scrolling and 90deg rotation? :) Thanks!!!

May 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #58 of 2,614
...I need to man up and make a theme as well I think...not sure if I have the time and the software ninja skills though. Was thinking something along the lines of a Winamp-style theme. Super simple, no icons, text instead, simple green lines for everything...

May 16, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #59 of 2,614
...I need to man up and make a theme as well I think...not sure if I have the time and the software ninja skills though. Was thinking something along the lines of a Winamp-style theme. Super simple, no icons, text instead, simple green lines for everything...

Sounds like a great idea if you can find the time, my personal preference would be aqua blue lines.

Looking forward to your theme.

May 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #60 of 2,614
I noticed when I'm outside during the day, I have a hard time seeing the volume level numbers if the album art is bright/light.

On that note, the menu is legendary... I was in awe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back