Fiio X3 scam?
Feb 15, 2014 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

batteraziiz

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Fiio-X3-Portable-8GB-Player-USB-Port-Coaxial-Digital-Headphone-Line-Output-/111278822885?pt=US_Wholesale_Home_Surveillance_Automation&hash=item19e8bc15e5

This is too good to be true... Anyone have experience here?

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 13
Mja I would be careful. The seller has only 121 feedback ratings most of which seem to be for keychains, baseball caps, and phone cases. These could easily be fakes. Also notice that the one piece of electronics this seller has feedback for is negative....

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 13
This really does seem fishy

Here is a thread started about the same seller today on audiokarma. Someone there also noticed that the sellers ratings are all based on 99 cent items, now suddenly more expensive items are being posted.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7561847

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 13
There's a small "report item" on the listing details page. I just reported it as potentially fradulent. This would be far from the first time that this has happened on eBay. Out of morbid curiosity, I completed a Buy it Now last year for a different DAP (on ebay.com), listed for a ridiculously low price. After several weeks I received a cheap little bracelet charm. Needless to say, I opened a dispute case with eBay, and it took some time to get my money back.

It's not worth it! These will keep popping up, though, as long as there are suckers in the world.

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #8 of 13
  There's a small "report item" on the listing details page. I just reported it as potentially fradulent. This would be far from the first time that this has happened on eBay. Out of morbid curiosity, I completed a Buy it Now last year for a different DAP (on ebay.com), listed for a ridiculously low price. After several weeks I received a cheap little bracelet charm. Needless to say, I opened a dispute case with eBay, and it took some time to get my money back.

It's not worth it! These will keep popping up, though, as long as there are suckers in the world.

Why do sellers even bother?

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 13
  There's a small "report item" on the listing details page. I just reported it as potentially fradulent.

Thanks, I just did the same.

Why do sellers even bother?

It does seem like a very small amount of money to scam people for but consider that average wage in China is quite low compared to western countries. Right now a good bit of cash is going into the sellers account. When this thread was started 6 were sold now its 21...

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 13

Thanks, I just did the same.

It does seem like a very small amount of money to scam people for but consider that average wage in China is quite low compared to western countries. Right now a good bit of cash is going into the sellers account. When this thread was started 6 were sold now its 21...

I thought that the shipping fee gets refunded as well? 

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #13 of 13
Last time I was unsatisfied with an item I did get the shipping cost refunded. I did have to sent the item back at my own cost though.

Looks like it depends on the seller. This is taken from the add.

"After getting the returned item, we will refund the customer at the item's price ( excluding the shipping costs to and fro )."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back