Fiio x3 and IEM's
Oct 6, 2013 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MunkyOne

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am new here and would like some advice :)

Having recently got into portable music, I am seriously considering purchasing the Fiio X3 for my portable needs.  I have been using the Sansa Clip+ with Soundmagic E30's.

My main question is how suited the Soundmagic E30's are to the X3?  Does anyone here have experience of this, or similar combination?  What IEM's would you reccommend, within a budget of 150 GBP, to partner with the X3?  Since the IEM's would be solely for outdoors, isolating and non-leaky IEM's are important to me.

My taste in music is extremely varied, and covers almost all musical genres.  I am a fan of the FLAC format and am interested in detailed music and spacious soundstages. 

The reason for the X3 choice, is it's ability to handle high resolution files, it's reasonable price, and because I am fairly happy with my Fiio E07K' / E09K's sound, which I use with my laptop and Grado SR80i's for indoor listening.

Any advice will be most welcome.

thanks,

Jeremy.

Oct 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't think IEMs and a spacious soundstage are compatible.
My ACS T1's sound great with the Fiio X3, but for a spacious soundstage I will use my AKG 702s

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks uzi2.   I had a feeling this may be the case with IEM's. 

If I use the x3 indoors, it will be with my Grados.  I am sure the ACS T1's sound amazing, especially being custom fit, but for now they are out of my budget.  Maybe one day :)

Many thanks,

Jeremy

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi tjw321,

Thanks for the reply and the link.  I will certainly look at the vsonic gr07s, as my starting point.  I know very little about IEM's, so this is a great start :)

Many thanks,

Jeremy.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 8
  Hi tjw321,

Thanks for the reply and the link.  I will certainly look at the vsonic gr07s, as my starting point.  I know very little about IEM's, so this is a great start :)

Many thanks,

Jeremy.

No problem. You should be aware that I know very little about IEM's, too, but you'll see that this is the answer I got from someone much more knowledgable than I am on another thread when I asked the same question. Several people endorsed this answer so although I'm just passing it on, I'm pretty confident that it is a good one.
Let me know how you get on if you get them. I'm still annoyed at myself for not waiting long enough for the answer and getting the XBA-30s. Though the XBA-30s seem pretty good to me so I'm not that upset 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 8
Hi,

Thanks again for the info.  Unfortunately, I missed the VSONIC GR07s on Amazon, while I was reading reviews etc.   I did see some advertised on ebay (hong kong) for £117, but the photos showed different accessories, so I am not sure of the authenticity.  So, I have decided to wait a while, to see if they become available again, or elsewhere.  By all accounts they are amazing value IEMs.

Thanks for your help :)

Jeremy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back