FiiO releases Android-based Lossless Portable Music Player M11 Pro!
Jan 31, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #76 of 96
Tried that as well fiio link is embedded into fiio music it recognizes my phone but offers no control of m11 pro Unless I am doing something wrong or missing something else.

I searched YT for "Fiio Link" - this was the first in the list and seems to give you all the info you would need to get up and running.

Loved this option on my M11 and love it (via Hiby app) on my iBasso DX220. I can plug the DAP into my home theater amp but still have the convenience of control from my sofa (without running a long cable!). What a time to be alive!!!

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #77 of 96
I have the M11 Pro and it's really a great music player. But I don't use it a ton....and have noticed that battery drain is a major issue. Does anyone else have this? I had it fully charged a few days ago, maybe used it for an hour, and grabbed it today and it was dead. This seems to be a recurring theme where, even when sitting idle, the battery drains an unusual amount.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on it this time. But there's little question that over the course of 2-3 days....an 80% battery shouldn't drain to nothing while sitting unused. Especially when the website itself claims 55 DEEP SLEEP DAYS!? Hopefully there is some user error here. I should really test a full battery charge and usage time too.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #78 of 96

I searched YT for "Fiio Link" - this was the first in the list and seems to give you all the info you would need to get up and running.

Loved this option on my M11 and love it (via Hiby app) on my iBasso DX220. I can plug the DAP into my home theater amp but still have the convenience of control from my sofa (without running a long cable!). What a time to be alive!!!

Thanks will try this, how do you like the DX220 sound compared to m11.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #79 of 96
I have the M11 Pro and it's really a great music player. But I don't use it a ton....and have noticed that battery drain is a major issue. Does anyone else have this? I had it fully charged a few days ago, maybe used it for an hour, and grabbed it today and it was dead. This seems to be a recurring theme where, even when sitting idle, the battery drains an unusual amount.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on it this time. But there's little question that over the course of 2-3 days....an 80% battery shouldn't drain to nothing while sitting unused. Especially when the website itself claims 55 DEEP SLEEP DAYS!? Hopefully there is some user error here. I should really test a full battery charge and usage time too.
I’m guessing WiFi or Bluetooth is the culprit I turn mine off after use and battery level is the same place I left it 5 days later.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #80 of 96

Loved the sound of the M11, also really liked the speed of the UI and having dual SD slots. Great DAP and amazing value for money.

DX220 with AMP8 though....seems like it extends further at both ends of the range - overall just a more refined sound. More detail everywhere. And much better holography. As it should be for double the price. Is it twice as good? No, not at all. Maybe 10% better audio reproduction overall, and 30-40% better headstage. And I really must note - the holographic presentation was what I was going after, that's why I wanted to buy a new DAP.

UI is not as smooth, battery life is nowhere near as good, only single SD slot. But for me, the compromises were worth it. I really love the 220. Tested it against similar priced offerings from Cayin and Lotoo and it was the clear winner (for me). I listen via InEar Prophile 8S and Hifiman Ananda and (once again) consider I have a ridiculous quality of sound from a mobile setup. Felt that way about the M11 too, though.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #81 of 96

M11 sucks, the M11 Pro is a far better DAP.

If you're after something in the M11's price range, consider the DX160 or N3 PRO.

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #83 of 96

after multiple attempts I did get it to work thanks.

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #84 of 96

If you're after something in the M11's price range, consider the DX160 or N3 PRO.
I already have the m11 pro and I agree it’s a good dap just curious about the DX220 as it was on my short list prior to purchasing the m11 pro due to the changeable amp but it wasn’t available at a decent price at time of purchase. The m11 pro works great with both my Stellia and Radiance although I don’t plan on using the Stellia OTG.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #85 of 96
That's probably it. I never make sure to shut out of everything when it's not in use. I never do with my other Android devices/phone.
My android devices are the same even if they don’t discharge as quickly as the m11 pro, that said the battery life isn’t the greatest on m11 pro but it’s workable for the SQ, power and features you have in the m11pro. I keep a 30k mha QC battery pack with me just in case when I am out and about.

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #86 of 96
My android devices are the same even if they don’t discharge as quickly as the m11 pro, that said the battery life isn’t the greatest on m11 pro but it’s workable for the SQ, power and features you have in the m11pro. I keep a 30k mha QC battery pack with me just in case when I am out and about.

I guess I haven't used it enough (had it for about six months) to really make a solid statement on the battery life. I've just never had a device in sleep mode drain like this. But as long as the usage life is decent....I'm not too concerned. I can make sure to keep it charged if I am going to be using it.

And like you said....considering the entire package....which is pretty impressive....the claimed battery life of 9.5 hours is fine. Even if the average is closer to 7....or whatever others get. I also have a nice portable battery pack that I can use if needed.

Going to fully charge and test the battery today just to be sure that I am getting a reasonable life on it.

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #87 of 96
I guess I haven't used it enough (had it for about six months) to really make a solid statement on the battery life. I've just never had a device in sleep mode drain like this. But as long as the usage life is decent....I'm not too concerned. I can make sure to keep it charged if I am going to be using it.

And like you said....considering the entire package....which is pretty impressive....the claimed battery life of 9.5 hours is fine. Even if the average is closer to 7....or whatever others get. I also have a nice portable battery pack that I can use if needed.

Going to fully charge and test the battery today just to be sure that I am getting a reasonable life on it.
they could definitely improve the sleep mode implementation on this unit.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #88 of 96

The M11 doesn't suck.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #90 of 96
Maybe not in absolute terms but it certainly gets demolished by the competition.
Funny, I not care that you think it sucks. So there... you should not be in this thread if think the M11 sucks why should your opinion matter to this thread...
Start a new thread "M11 SUCKS" and we will read you opinions if we want. :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back