[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,788 of 3,226
Yes, This would have the best user experience if disabling power charging can be done through the USB connection. Fiio, please consider adding this feature to your next firmware release. Thank you for bringing up this excellent usage.
...yes or maybe a button combination-long press to disable the power charging without the app.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #1,789 of 3,226
I just got the q5s yesterday. I tried to connect it with my cayin n3, shanling m0 and ap80 via usb. But it didn’t work. I just said like usb audio connected and it disconnected after that. I tried different cables but it didn’t work. Then i tried the line in but it didn’t work either. Only bluetooth connection worked. Anyone know why ?
And when connected to windows, is the device determined by the system?

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #1,790 of 3,226
@FiiO dont forget to fix the bluetootj equalizer problem

When i do changes on the eq the just apply after i disable the bluetooth and enablenit again

Thats very unusable to eq one db here disconnect reconnect na dont sounds like i want ad somewhere else a few db disconnect reconnect very stressful

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,794 of 3,226
I just got the q5s yesterday. I tried to connect it with my cayin n3, shanling m0 and ap80 via usb. But it didn’t work. I just said like usb audio connected and it disconnected after that. I tried different cables but it didn’t work. Then i tried the line in but it didn’t work either. Only bluetooth connection worked. Anyone know why ?
It looks like your Q5s is not fully charged and you dont use cable with OTG on both sides. I also saw this behavior when testing. In this condition Q5s starts full charge with high current and USB chip in your DAP may disable connection for safety reasons. I would say connection to PC which has no problem with charging other devices will work. If not, then you device is probably bad. Also try to fully charge Q5s first.
You have to use cables with OTG on both sides like ML05 or similar from other suppliers. Q5s back-charging make big problems for people who dont fully understand it. Fiio should do something with this. It was not so big problem in my Q1mkII. And ML05 and CL05 should be included in package or there should be information that people have to use those cables only for connection to Android devices.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #1,795 of 3,226
Is there a menu that you can choose from? DAC, Audio ? DAC is to your computer to use as a DAC, Audio is usually for connecting a transport device (dap). Something like that in the app (since it has no onboard menu)? Just a guess because i don’t own one.

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #1,796 of 3,226
It looks like your Q5s is not fully charged and you dont use cable with OTG on both sides. I also saw this behavior when testing. In this condition Q5s starts full charge with high current and USB chip in your DAP may disable connection for safety reasons. I would say connection to PC which has no problem with charging other devices will work. If not, then you device is probably bad. Also try to fully charge Q5s first.
You have to use cables with OTG on both sides like ML05 or similar from other suppliers. Q5s back-charging make big problems for people who dont fully understand it. Fiio should do something with this. It was not so big problem in my Q1mkII. And ML05 and CL05 should be included in package or there should be information that people have to use those cables only for connection to Android devices.
I always do full charge before use a new device.
And I know what cables i have to use.

Is there a menu that you can choose from? DAC, Audio ? DAC is to your computer to use as a DAC, Audio is usually for connecting a transport device (dap). Something like that in the app (since it has no onboard menu)? Just a guess because i don’t own one.

It doesn't work like that. Usually i just plug and play, but this time it was not. I gave it another try with line out. But it just played about a second and then no sound.
Btw when i used the ldac connection, sometime the sound is cut off.
Well i will return it back to Amazon tomorrow.

Sep 5, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #1,798 of 3,226
When starting DSD playback the side LED for USB input changes color from blue to a blueish white. Afterwards if I play non-DSD files it remains same white, until Q5s is restarted.
Not a big problem but I wonder why it does this?

Sep 5, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #1,799 of 3,226
Do you remember what was your out-of-the box Q5s low-pass filter setting? Mine was "Short delay Sharp". But with the old Q5 it was "Sharp".

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #1,800 of 3,226
When starting DSD playback the side LED for USB input changes color from blue to a blueish white. Afterwards if I play non-DSD files it remains same white, until Q5s is restarted.
Not a big problem but I wonder why it does this?
My LED does not change color, always blue.
Filter - I don't remember. Try reset button on the left.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back