FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #4,067 of 4,083
Hi,
How nice it must be to know the universal truth...
How nice it must be not to be clumsy and never let something fall to the floor.
How nice it must be to have golden ears to tell two pairs of IEM apart.
How nice it must be to have enough money to waste in a pair of IEM.

Please forgive me if my knowledge, skills and wealth are not to be compared to yours... And that, as such, I am reduced to express personal opinions 🥺
I want to hope that no one here takes the bread out of their mouth to buy a DAP, an IEM or headphones. Given this, saying I don't buy a 4k euro iem because it might fall out of my hand doesn't make much sense... also because it's easier to drop a dap than a 20 gram iem. Then as regards the golden ears... a change of iem to a change of dap is much more evident. Having said that, obviously we all have the right to express our personal opinions in the same way, others have every right not to share them.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #4,069 of 4,083
Multiverse mentors looks very promising, personally for that kind of money I would get A70 Pro+D70 Pro Octo (1000ish), used LCD X ( 800 ), Dunu SA6 mk2 (600), DX312 ( 700used) and keep the change. Way more bang for buck but thats just my personal choice. So much money on single iem only dont think I would do, maybe used pair of hp like Atrium ( 2000ish used) or Meze Elite (2500used) would be my limit. But we are different so no one is right or wrong.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #4,070 of 4,083
In my opinion the difference is not the fact that they are wireless... but perhaps more due to the fact that they don't cost as much as an Aroma Jewel... and in any case it doesn't mean that they will break if they fall... but I certainly won't do an experiment. :wink:

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #4,071 of 4,083
Multiverse mentors looks very promising, personally for that kind of money I would get A70 Pro+D70 Pro Octo (1000ish), used LCD X ( 800 ), Dunu SA6 mk2 (600), DX312 ( 700used) and keep the change. Way more bang for buck but thats just my personal choice. So much money on single iem only dont think I would do, maybe used pair of hp like Atrium ( 2000ish used) or Meze Elite (2500used) would be my limit. But we are different so no one is right or wrong.
Don’t see any sense of doing so Instead of buying one pair of The Multiverse Mentor

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #4,073 of 4,083
Hi,
How nice it must be to know the universal truth...
How nice it must be not to be clumsy and never let something fall to the floor.
How nice it must be to have golden ears to tell two pairs of IEM apart.
How nice it must be to have enough money to waste in a pair of IEM.

Please forgive me if my knowledge, skills and wealth are not to be compared to yours... And that, as such, I am reduced to express personal opinions 🥺

Regards
Spewing some platitudes about "give it to charity", belittling other's desire to try new sound effects, insulting people on how they spend their money (want to play a game about how much it costs to smoke or to go out to dine?). Someone's on a high horse, maybe give it a rest. if you can't even "tell two pairs of IEM apart" it's not golden ears, it's literally time for a medical checkup. I mean you are on a HIFI forum and say outright you can't even differenciate between IEM, go buy some cheap 9 bucks IEM and enjoy "endgear sound with EQ".

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #4,074 of 4,083
Indeed! :)) Fiio M15 is an Unique DAP, but Multiverse Mentor is out from this world! :)

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #4,075 of 4,083
Indeed! :)) Fiio M15 is an Unique DAP, but Multiverse Mentor is out from this world! :)
Do look at FiR RN6 and the Annihilator 2023 too before pulling the trigger tho!

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #4,076 of 4,083
Spewing some platitudes about "give it to charity", belittling other's desire to try new sound effects, insulting people on how they spend their money (want to play a game about how much it costs to smoke or to go out to dine?). Someone's on a high horse, maybe give it a rest. if you can't even "tell two pairs of IEM apart" it's not golden ears, it's literally time for a medical checkup. I mean you are on a HIFI forum and say outright you can't even differenciate between IEM, go buy some cheap 9 bucks IEM and enjoy "endgear sound with EQ".
Hi,

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote.

Did I say the Mentors are bad ? I don't think I did...
What I wrote is that I would never spend so much money on IEM's.

Why ? Because I am under the impression that to get the most out of those, you need to plug them quite deep into your ears.
That is to ensure correct "sealing" I've been told...
Problem is, when I do that, I hear all my internal sounds (my belly growling ; my throat a like rattling ; my lungs letting air in...).
And that takes a lot of my journey listening to music.

So IEM may be good...
But they're not for me and as such I say it again : I would not spend that much money on IEM's.

I herewith would make 4 statements :
- 1°) I ended my post saying that this is a purely personal opinion ; but you obviously skipped that part ;
- 2°) I did talk about "make a donation to a charity" as an alternative when I wrote that you could buy music instead ;
- 3°) your ruling about being on a Hi-Fi forum and about medical checkup is amusing... I thought being on a Hi-Fi forum is open to people not deaf ;
- 4°) your last sentence about 9 dollars IEM's necessarily being trash tends to demonstrate that you base your impressions on price... which is really Hi-Fi behaviour ;
- 5°) your last sentence about the 9 dollars IEM is quite nsulting to the vast majority of people not being able to afford 3k IEM's.

You can reply to this post if that amuses you... I'll let you enjoy having the last word.
At a certain point of certainty, it is pointless for me to proceed debating.
Especially since I stated that I was expressing a personal opinion... and I only read disdain in your replies.

Have a cracking evening with your gear. I am sure it is worth evry penny you spent on it.

Regards.

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #4,077 of 4,083
Hi,

Why ? Because I am under the impression that to get the most out of those, you need to plug them quite deep into your ears.
Problem is, when I do that, I hear all my internal sounds (my belly growling ; my throat a like rattling ; my lungs letting air in...).

So IEM may be good...
But they're not for me and as such I say it again : I would not spend that much money on IEM's.

- 1°) I ended my post saying that this is a purely personal opinion ; but you obviously skipped that part ;
- 2°) I did talk about "make a donation to a charity" as an alternative when I wrote that you could buy music instead ;
- 3°) your ruling about being on a Hi-Fi forum and about medical checkup is amusing... I thought being on a Hi-Fi forum is open to people not deaf ;
- 4°) your last sentence about 9 dollars IEM's necessarily being trash tends to demonstrate that you base your impressions on price... which is really Hi-Fi behaviour ;
- 5°) your last sentence about the 9 dollars IEM is quite nsulting to the vast majority of people not being able to afford 3k IEM's.

You can reply to this post if that amuses you... I'll let you enjoy having the last word.
Especially since I stated that I was expressing a personal opinion... and I only read disdain in your replies.

Have a cracking evening with your gear. I am sure it is worth evry penny you spent on it.

Regards.
Holy mother of wall of text, dude drink some red wine and unwind!

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #4,078 of 4,083
Hi,

So IEM may be good...

Regards.

1. You said you cannot differenciate between TWO any IEMs. Since there's obviously cheap 9 buck models and 9000 bucks, i guess you are oh so sure of that that you will surely assert that a 9 buck one can sound just exactly like a 9000 dollar one. So it's a no brainer to pick the former not the latter (for you)
2. Insulting to people bla bla bla. Yeah take that card and put it back in the deck, it don't work on me. And if you looked at my profile, i reviewed a lot of cheap gear that is really amazing and a new benchmark, meaning people can go and buy a 40 buck IEM that is quite enjoyable and good. But hey, easier to play the "muh offended" card.
3. Impression on price, again go read my reviews, i praise cost efficiency and say that some over-shoot the price point. But hey, i guess you like trying to sound righteous or smart while making a complete clown of yourself.
4. If you don't like the "Hi-Fi behaviour", go pack and leave the forum, no one pays you to stay here, and sincerely a snotty snobby know-it-all like yourself is scarcely welcomed anywhere, be it real world or digital
5. you literally said someone had to donate to charity instead of spending it on audio gear. If you are anywhere near a job, you already pay taxes, and depending on where you are you literally have half your wage taken by the state. if that isn't already a WHOLE LOT of charity, then i guess you don't have such thing as paying taxes, making you either someone living off someone else's job OR being someone who don't have to because already wealthy, in both cases you are a snob and talk with platitudes to sound oh so better than us all peons.

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #4,079 of 4,083
1. You said you cannot differenciate between TWO any IEMs. Since there's obviously cheap 9 buck models and 9000 bucks, i guess you are oh so sure of that that you will surely assert that a 9 buck one can sound just exactly like a 9000 dollar one. So it's a no brainer to pick the former not the latter (for you)
2. Insulting to people bla bla bla. Yeah take that card and put it back in the deck, it don't work on me. And if you looked at my profile, i reviewed a lot of cheap gear that is really amazing and a new benchmark, meaning people can go and buy a 40 buck IEM that is quite enjoyable and good. But hey, easier to play the "muh offended" card.
3. Impression on price, again go read my reviews, i praise cost efficiency and say that some over-shoot the price point. But hey, i guess you like trying to sound righteous or smart while making a complete clown of yourself.
4. If you don't like the "Hi-Fi behaviour", go pack and leave the forum, no one pays you to stay here, and sincerely a snotty snobby know-it-all like yourself is scarcely welcomed anywhere, be it real world or digital
5. you literally said someone had to donate to charity instead of spending it on audio gear. If you are anywhere near a job, you already pay taxes, and depending on where you are you literally have half your wage taken by the state. if that isn't already a WHOLE LOT of charity, then i guess you don't have such thing as paying taxes, making you either someone living off someone else's job OR being someone who don't have to because already wealthy, in both cases you are a snob and talk with platitudes to sound oh so better than us all peons.
No further comments from my side.

Have a good day.

Regards.

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #4,080 of 4,083
If you still own an M15, like me, I recommend you try it with the PULA PA02... never heard it so good... it's simply incredible what I'm listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back