[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Dec 28, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #2,446 of 2,994
At least FiiO is still supporting and improving its product.
Maybe.
But, frankly, I'm tired of these excuses.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ... but in the end - never.
And by the way, where do you see improvements in the software player?
As there was no normal sorting, so it does not exist.
The interface is not at all friendly.
You can list a lot, but it won't change anything.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #2,447 of 2,994
Better late than never - thanks to FIIO for the new firmware :thumbsup:
(also available for other FIIO DAP's models)

2. Added second harmonic regulation function (can be set in the Settings - Audio - Second harmonic regulation)
In what mode is this option visible ? - I do not have it in M11 LTD

3. Added experimental functions (PEQ, DLNA transmission)
Someone will elaborate on what this experimental feature is about? Thanks

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #2,448 of 2,994
Maybe.
But, frankly, I'm tired of these excuses.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ... but in the end - never.
And by the way, where do you see improvements in the software player?
As there was no normal sorting, so it does not exist.
The interface is not at all friendly.
You can list a lot, but it won't change anything.
I find it quite amazing that people get on to this forum to do nothing more than complain or as we in Australia would say "whinge". Fact is there is no other company on these forums that actively engages with its customers more so than what FiiO does. Nor is there any other company that surveys its customers on what they want to see in future products from them via these very same forums.
If you're "tired of these excuses" and "the interface is not all that friendly" then buy something else that suits you better.. pretty simple really.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #2,449 of 2,994
3. Added experimental functions (PEQ, DLNA transmission)
Someone will elaborate on what this experimental feature is about? Thanks
No idea what DLNA is but PEQ stands for "Parametric Equalizer" and it basically lets you set the frequencies in the EQ along with Q values. It's very good for customising the EQ and a very good addition. Sadly, it only affects FiiO's player and not device wide.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,450 of 2,994
No idea what DLNA is but PEQ stands for "Parametric Equalizer" and it basically lets you set the frequencies in the EQ along with Q values. It's very good for customising the EQ and a very good addition. Sadly, it only affects FiiO's player and not device wide.
DLNA allows you to stream over Wi-Fi to other DLNA devices 🙂

Dec 28, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #2,451 of 2,994
7125841.jpg

The following changes and improvements have been made in the new firmware on M11 Plus ESS:

1. Added ROON Ready function (on desktop screen or click the FiiO Roon in the drop-down menu to use);

2. Added LHDC codec support for Bluetooth transmitting;

3. Added second harmonic regulation function (can be set in the Settings - Audio - Second harmonic regulation);

4. Added experimental functions (PEQ, DLNA transmission);

5. Added support for DTS format;

6. Added desktop icon shortcuts for FiiO Music (multimedia service, local music, playlists, continue);

7. Fixed display problem of some MQA tracks;

8. The tracks in the DLNA album directory are changed to be sorted by track numbers;

9. Miscellaneous improvements in performance.

M11 Plus firmware download: Click here

How to upgrade the M11 Plus: Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 28, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #2,452 of 2,994
7125839.jpg

The following changes and improvements have been made in the new firmware on M11 Plus LTD:

1. Added ROON Ready function (on desktop screen or click the FiiO Roon in the drop-down menu to use);

3. Added experimental functions (PEQ, DLNA transmission);

4. Added support for DTS format;

5. Added desktop icon shortcuts for FiiO Music (multimedia service, local music, playlists, continue);

6. Fixed display problem of some MQA tracks;

7. Fixed the issue where a few tracks might not be played correctly;

8. The tracks in the DLNA album directory are changed to be sorted by track numbers;

M11 Plus LTD firmware download: Click here

How to upgrade the M11 Plus LTD:Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 28, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #2,453 of 2,994
7125839.jpg

The following changes and improvements have been made in the new firmware on M11 Plus LTD:

3. Added experimental functions (PEQ, DLNA transmission);

4. Added support for DTS format;

5. Added desktop icon shortcuts for FiiO Music (multimedia service, local music, playlists, continue);

6. Fixed display problem of some MQA tracks;

7. Fixed the issue where a few tracks might not be played correctly;

M11 Plus LTD firmware download: Click here

How to upgrade the M11 Plus LTD:Click here
Please fix your player/app and especially the link function using an iPhone.

I bought the Fiio specifically to leave it on a dock to be my main library for my home system and to control it with my phone via Fiio link. But the Fiio link is barely usable as much more than a “play next” and “pause” function. The indexing is horrendous and unusable to attempt to scroll through artists and albums.

If this isn’t fixed asap I’ll be getting rid of it as it was the whole reason for my purchase over other DAP’s. Just look at the reviews on apple store, everyone is complaining about how bad the player is and how the Fiio link is essentially useless.

Thanks for engaging with people here but if you’re gonna advertise a function and sell a product for 700$ it should work really well when it’s launched. And the native media player should be robust and excellent. Not subpar and something most people don’t even use or only do so begrudgingly.

Dec 28, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #2,454 of 2,994
Please fix your player/app and especially the link function using an iPhone.

I bought the Fiio specifically to leave it on a dock to be my main library for my home system and to control it with my phone via Fiio link. But the Fiio link is barely usable as much more than a “play next” and “pause” function. The indexing is horrendous and unusable to attempt to scroll through artists and albums.

If this isn’t fixed asap I’ll be getting rid of it as it was the whole reason for my purchase over other DAP’s. Just look at the reviews on apple store, everyone is complaining about how bad the player is and how the Fiio link is essentially useless.

Thanks for engaging with people here but if you’re gonna advertise a function and sell a product for 700$ it should work really well when it’s launched. And the native media player should be robust and excellent. Not subpar and something most people don’t even use or only do so begrudgingly.
Oh.. and also the Fiio link is just as bad using my Samsung s7 tablet. So the issue isn’t just that I’m using an iPhone. Other android devices also get a fail with Fiio link.

Jan 3, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #2,456 of 2,994
As we say in Russia - "do not advise me what to do and I will not tell you where to go."
I hope the meaning is understandable.
By the way below, people also whine about their old problems.
Everything you post is useless to the headfi community. Nothing constructive or productive. Why are you even here? Drop the silly newb polemics, go delete your account and start over with a new username and a better attitude.

Jan 3, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #2,457 of 2,994
Nothing constructive or productive.
So, you think that when I try to draw the attention of the representative of Fiio, who is in this thread, to the shortcomings of the software player, is this, in your opinion, nothing constructive?
And when the representative of Fiio ignores the voiced, obvious errors of the player - is this, in your opinion, nothing productive?
And, let me remind you that users paid their money for the software too.
Regarding unsolicited advice on what to do - read carefully my answer above.

Jan 3, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #2,458 of 2,994
With the new Roon Ready update @FiiO the Fiio Roon app reports 24bit as being 32bit why is this? Roons signal path shows it as being the native 24bit no extra processing. Roon seems to be limited also in formats only supporting up to 384/24 and DSD256 any reasons for this? Also why is this an app rather than just a process we can turn on/off as have to restart the Fiio Roon app at each restart. Also notice a slight click on starting playback out of the 4.4mm balanced output to 2 different sets of phones. Is this expected behaviour?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #2,459 of 2,994
IMG_20221228_080252.jpgIMG_20221228_080258.jpg

Firmware 1.0.3 just dropped
@FiiO - this update has made my M11+ ESS run hot and noticeably consume more battery even when using just Coax Out. I did not install any new apps so I couldn't blame anything rather than this update. Any way that I can rollback to 1.0.2?

Jan 4, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #2,460 of 2,994
With the new Roon Ready update @FiiO the Fiio Roon app reports 24bit as being 32bit why is this? Roons signal path shows it as being the native 24bit no extra processing. Roon seems to be limited also in formats only supporting up to 384/24 and DSD256 any reasons for this? Also why is this an app rather than just a process we can turn on/off as have to restart the Fiio Roon app at each restart. Also notice a slight click on starting playback out of the 4.4mm balanced output to 2 different sets of phones. Is this expected behaviour?

I believe that this may be because the ES9068A is native 32 bit DAC, so it operates in 32 bit mode for 24 bit audio. As for the bit rate restrictions, Roon did the same thing with A&K DAPs, presumably because of unreliability at the higher bandwidths, especially with wifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back