[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 28, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #1,246 of 2,991
Thanks for the feedback. We have recorded and reported to the engineers for assessing the feasibility.

Best regards
Please, if the request is possible and approved for development, can you keep it optional rather than a fixed change. The button image is correct with its behaviour and I’m happy with it - it follows the same conformity as other players I have.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #1,247 of 2,991
Please, if the request is possible and approved for development, can you keep it optional rather than a fixed change. The button image is correct with its behaviour and I’m happy with it - it follows the same conformity as other players I have.
Oh yeah, definitely optional. I can’t imagine they would make something like that permanent when the buttons are labeled with the Next/Previous icons. Just like you have the *option* to rotate the screen 180-degrees; speaking of which, being able to swap the button functionality might be handy for folks who rotate the screen.

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #1,248 of 2,991
I have the LTD now for around a week and paired with the FD7 and i am not fully happy with it. The LTD sounds very detailed and i got a very deep and wide stage, but it sounds slightly hazy or soft to my ears, especially in pure audio mode. When i compare it with lower end sources like the E1DA, the dongle sounds more realistic to my ears. I have many songs that sounds incredibly realistic on the E1DA and when i play it on the LTD, it sounds like there is a thin layer of fabric or so on every note. Why is that so? Maybe i should buy a different dap or dac-amp-combo?

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #1,249 of 2,991
I have the LTD now for around a week and paired with the FD7 and i am not fully happy with it. The LTD sounds very detailed and i got a very deep and wide stage, but it sounds slightly hazy or soft to my ears, especially in pure audio mode. When i compare it with lower end sources like the E1DA, the dongle sounds more realistic to my ears. I have many songs that sounds incredibly realistic on the E1DA and when i play it on the LTD, it sounds like there is a thin layer of fabric or so on every note. Why is that so? Maybe i should buy a different dap or dac-amp-combo?
It could well be that you’re conditioned to the cheaper equipment…

Try it the other way around, listen solely to the M11 for a few days, then go back to your other equipment - I have a distinct feeling that you’ll find it sounds harsh and edgy in comparison to the M11.

If that doesn’t end up being the case, then your journey will probably need to continue.

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,250 of 2,991
It could well be that you’re conditioned to the cheaper equipment…

Try it the other way around, listen solely to the M11 for a few days, then go back to your other equipment - I have a distinct feeling that you’ll find it sounds harsh and edgy in comparison to the M11.

If that doesn’t end up being the case, then your journey will probably need to continue.
The M11+ is a soft sounding DAP with the THX 78 amp "It could well be that you’re conditioned to the cheaper equipment…" that's just a dumb statement, expensive doesn't always mean better,with that attitude you gonna lose a lot of money in this game,they say a sucker is born every minute don't be one of them.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #1,251 of 2,991
I've bought and used this player for about 10 days; I might write some detailed impressions about it when I have some time, but I'd like to report a few issues I noticed and hopefully see them fixed in a future update.

1. Replaygain causes some tracks to exhibit clipping: I figured this might be because of the replaygain implementation used in FiiO Music.
    The same tracks used in Foobar2000 for example don't show the same issue. Foobar's implementation of Replaygain also has a peak limiting feature which reduces potential clipping. Maybe you can implement something similar for the FiiO software.
    Foobar also has a DSP called "Advanced Limiter," which seems to detect hot peaks and lowers them to prevent clipping, and having something similar would be useful for the M11+.
  2. The "Delete song" option in the 3 dot menu has cut off text in English. I'm also not sure what this function does, does it remove a song entirely from your player, or only from a playlist?
  3. I have some short .ogg files of less than 10 seconds each track, and I noticed that the FiiO player doesn't play nice with these files. I'm not sure whether it's their length, the file format, or perhaps because the player doesn't like many small files in the same folder, but there is a noticeable click/pop whenever the track changes to the next.
  4. Titles that are longer than the display screen don't scroll to show the rest of the title. You can press the 3 dot menu to display the full title, but it would be nice if they would scroll automatically like most other music players do.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,252 of 2,991
The M11+ is a soft sounding DAP with the THX 78 amp "It could well be that you’re conditioned to the cheaper equipment…" that's just a dumb statement, expensive doesn't always mean better,with that attitude you gonna lose a lot of money in this game,they say a sucker is born every minute don't be one of them.
I’ve seen your posts on this thread, and you are very anti, I’m not sure why I haven’t read back far enough.

I didn’t imply cheaper is poorer, however - I did imply conditioning is a thing - If you get used to the gear you’re using, anything else will sound potentially alien.

As to the sucker comment, you might want to back off of that kind of sentiment, I’m well aware of the material worth of many things - and the harsh reality of the value of money, and what it’s like to waste it.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,253 of 2,991
I’ve seen your posts on this thread, and you are very anti, I’m not sure why I haven’t read back far enough.

I didn’t imply cheaper is poorer, however - I did imply conditioning is a thing - If you get used to the gear you’re using, anything else will sound potentially alien.

As to the sucker comment, you might want to back off of that kind of sentiment, I’m well aware of the material worth of many things - and the harsh reality of the value of money, and what it’s like to waste it.
No I'm not anti at all,when I'm spending thousand of dollar I have a opinion that I can voice that's how it work in the real world,only way Fiio will get better is if the customers bring it to their attention,that's constructive criticism,Cheers Mate.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,254 of 2,991
No I'm not anti at all,when I'm spending thousand of dollar I have a opinion that I can voice that's how it work in the real world,only way Fiio will get better is if the customers bring it to their attention,that's constructive criticism,Cheers Mate.
Fair enough!

To almost contradict myself - here is one of my posts from a few days ago, this gives an idea that I’m not just chasing the money, but the VFM too…

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ap8...es-music-player.878141/page-289#post-16626438

Anyhow, peace out!

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #1,255 of 2,991
LTD has the THX 78 amp, nothing I have with THX 78,788 or 888 is a bass monster,I buy em for the clean sound that they give.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,256 of 2,991
LTD has the THX 78 amp, nothing I have with THX 78,788 or 888 is a bass monster,I buy em for the clean sound that they give.
Yes, agreed! The only reason I bought this was for the THX amp, as I couldn’t find an AM3D amp module for my Q5.

It’s certainly not going to frighten any subwoofers out there, but it is very clear. Unsure if I’ve just been lucky with my musical choices in the time I’ve owned it, but I’ve not noticed any sibilance - yet the treble seems very open / extended.

I am a Sony fanboy at heart, I love the way they tune their bass on their players (helped by MrWalkman’s mods) - if they had treble that sounded like it sounds on the M11+ I’d be in seventh heaven (or the Sony bass on the FiiO I guess!)

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #1,257 of 2,991
I have the Sony DMP-Z1 and the Fiio M11 Plus and I like listening to both, the Fiio for late night listening in bed with my IEMs and the Sony on my work desk. Of course the Sony is on another level but that's expected.

I personally don't find any shortcomings with the Fiio sound signature

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,258 of 2,991
I have the Sony DMP-Z1 and the Fiio M11 Plus and I like listening to both, the Fiio for late night listening in bed with my IEMs and the Sony on my work desk. Of course the Sony is on another level but that's expected.

I personally don't find any shortcomings with the Fiio sound signature
My issue with M11+ was it was rushed with the software incomplete I have the SS version,i expected the sound signature with the thx amp,as i have other dap's ,amps with thx,Fiio used to be my go to as I have a lot fiio equipment,but that is changing,still have the m11+ and it sounds ok.

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #1,259 of 2,991
My issue with M11+ was it was rushed with the software incomplete I have the SS version,i expected the sound signature with the thx amp,as i have other dap's ,amps with thx,Fiio used to be my go to as I have a lot fiio equipment,but that is changing,still have the m11+ and it sounds ok.
hah I have the SS version too :)

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,260 of 2,991
Just ordered one of these from AdvancedMP3players. I recently had the A&K Kann Alpha which I found to be flakey on wifi and battery did not live up to expectations was loosing 25% just doing nothing. so hoping this performs better over wifi and the battery lasts as long as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back