[FiiO LC-RE/LC-RE Pro/LC-RE Pro 2022] MMCX cable Gold-Silver-Copper swappable plug Earphone Cable
Dec 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #182 of 199
@FiiO, will you be selling a version of the LC RE Pro 2022 with black metal MMCX connectors, to match the dark FH9? The current one matches the silver, but not the black. Thank you!

Jan 22, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #183 of 199
Mine has gotten green too, are you absolutely sure that the oxidization has no influence on sound? I believe that this is a lack of quality control; I have never worn these cables outdoors, as I only use them at home or when overnighting in a hotel. I have contacted the seller, and will ask about the warranty as I bought them in Feb 2021.

I could consider putting a sleeve on them, because the green looks shabby...

20230122_161020.jpg

Mar 4, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #184 of 199
I got the cable and as I understand it is applicable on the Sony ier z1r, I read that removing them can be a problem and there is a danger on damaging the mmcx connector on the sony
Any experiences or tips on that?
thank you and cheers

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #185 of 199
I don’t recommend them with the IER-Z1R because removing it is VERY difficult and grip is very tight b/w the male & female connector. The old RE version is a little easier to remove but the LC PRO and PRO 2022 are almost next to impossible unless you are willing to do the following mod due to the smoothness of the stainless steel connector. What we are dealing with is a recessed MMCX socket and near frictionless surface of the stainless steel. You just simply have no place to grab on. I installed a heatshrink tube at the FiiO connectors so it is easier to remove now. I also use the FiiO MMCX removal tool with it. Below is my recently acquired photo of my LC RE Pro 2022 with the IER-Z1R. Excellent match really. What a wonderful sounding cable!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #186 of 199
Ok, so with a grip the cable is removeable?
This needs to be applied before inserting the cable? Wouldnt any sticky rubber band do the same job when removal is to be done without permanent heatshrink tube on or is the grip not good enough without shrinking?
And would you recommend it with the mod or is that still risky because of the diameter if the mmcx housing of the ier z1r regardless of the new gained grip?
Thank you for the advise!
Cheers

Mar 4, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #187 of 199
Yes, it is all about an increase a grip and a place that your thumb and index finger can grab on to. I use heatshrink tube with an adhesive liner. I also leave a little space between the top of the socket and FiiO connector so the MMCX tool remove can get in between. I have not thought about a rubber band, but you try as well.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #188 of 199
I’ve just pulled the trigger on the LC-RE Pro 2022 for my FiiO FD7…

From my understanding, this will be an upgrade beyond even the FiiO FDX - so, quite excited to hear the difference!

Aug 5, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #189 of 199
Liking the real world difference between the stock FD7 cable and the RE Pro 2022!

Attachments

• IMG_9986.jpeg
    IMG_9986.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #190 of 199
Hello, this problem of oxydation reminds me of what systematically happens with the shure se 845 cable :) it is an awfull experience. For me the listening experience is a whole, like eating, the eyes play a role too, who doesn't like to hear good music with a glass of wine, old whisky or cognac, I couldnt enjoy the listening with a green looking cable looking like moist ... I dont understand if that happens on the 2022 model ? That would be.a nogo for me !

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #191 of 199
Hello, this problem of oxydation reminds me of what systematically happens with the shure se 845 cable :) it is an awfull experience. For me the listening experience is a whole, like eating, the eyes play a role too, who doesn't like to hear good music with a glass of wine, old whisky or cognac, I couldnt enjoy the listening with a green looking cable looking like moist ... I dont understand if that happens on the 2022 model ? That would be.a nogo for me !
No oxidation has occurred on my LC-RE Pro 2022 or the previous version both of which I have owned for around 12 months.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #193 of 199
Thank you @scracy for your feedback ! :)
I would appreciate if fiio gives me a feedback on that potential issue ?
Also how would it synergize with the final audio a8000 which is "King of treble" ?
I think it may have something to do with my nickel allergy and the permeability of the silicone sheath?, although this may not occur. No reaction or feedback from Fiio. The cable is no longer in use, because it got worse and worse. Last product I will ever buy from them. Shame though, it is a fantastic cable with a handy connector plug.

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #194 of 199
I think it may have something to do with my nickel allergy and the permeability of the silicone sheath?, although this may not occur. No reaction or feedback from Fiio. The cable is no longer in use, because it got worse and worse. Last product I will ever buy from them. Shame though, it is a fantastic cable with a handy connector plug.
Are you talking about the lc re 2022 model with golden wires ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back