[FiiO KA17] Mini desktop-class amp, flagship dongle is officially released!
Mar 13, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #376 of 747
does anyone know why the German distributor still doesnt have the k17 on offer? It seems that Germany often is the last country where new Fiio products arrive. which wouldnt be too concerning, but its even months after anyone else got them.

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #377 of 747
what the
Thanks for the update! Without adjusting the sound on the phone when bit perfect was turned on, it was sad, now it works!)
I join the question, on filters, what is everyone responsible for?
MINI
MINI-S
MINI-F
MINI-SD
SLOW
FAST
FAST-R
FAST-A
Where can I see the transcript?

FIIO...

can explain this all filter please ??!!

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #378 of 747
does anyone know why the German distributor still doesnt have the k17 on offer? It seems that Germany often is the last country where new Fiio products arrive. which wouldnt be too concerning, but its even months after anyone else got them.
I got it from hifigo in Berlin, they ship here and you don't have to pay customs. The KA17 would qualify for free 2 week shipping. :)

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #380 of 747
oh yes its the driver, i uninstall the v5.58 and install the v5.62 included in the firmware then update again its fine now

thanks my friend
LOW VOLUME ISSUE WITH EQ

I am using Windows 11 to drive my KA17. I am hesitating with the firmware upgrade.

Do I need to install the V5.62 USB driver if I update?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #381 of 747
I got it from hifigo in Berlin, they ship here and you don't have to pay customs. The KA17 would qualify for free 2 week shipping. :)
Also if you don't have a windows system handy
you dont pay customs only if you are lucky and german customs does let it thru i guess
I've made about 7 orders from just hifigo. Hifigo covers the customs and shipping once you go over a certain total value.

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #382 of 747
what the

FIIO...

can explain this all filter please ??!!
Hopefully FiiO will provide a short explanation and guidance as to when to use which… but in the interim, you can look at this short thread…

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiio-ka17-filters.52981/

As a general rule, I might be mistaken but I understand that slow filters are better to slightly tame brighter IEMs / headphones, and fast filters to help brighten up a little bit darker IEMs / headphones. But truthfully, most filter changes are pretty subtle - to me.

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #383 of 747
I am using Desktop mode, with extra 5V power. Out of my Win 11 (Tidal) the KA17 gets quite warm (not too warm to touch however).

My latest question is will the Leather Case make it run too hot? When the manufacturer includes a max temp cut off, it makes me wonder just how hot it can get with the case on.

Has anyone experienced the max temp cut off?

Mar 14, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #384 of 747
I've been having a problem with my ka17 where it randomly seems to stop outputting sound until I reconnect via USB? Everything else looks normal screen working, can adjust volume setting, music player (in this case Spotify on pixel 6 pro) looks like it's still playing.

Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Mar 14, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #385 of 747
I am using Desktop mode, with extra 5V power. Out of my Win 11 (Tidal) the KA17 gets quite warm (not too warm to touch however).

My latest question is will the Leather Case make it run too hot? When the manufacturer includes a max temp cut off, it makes me wonder just how hot it can get with the case on.
Would be so
I've been having a problem with my ka17 where it randomly seems to stop outputting sound until I reconnect via USB? Everything else looks normal screen working, can adjust volume setting, music player (in this case Spotify on pixel 6 pro) looks like it's still playing.

Anyone experiencing anything similar?
Is this post firmware update?

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #386 of 747
Mar 15, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #387 of 747
No. Hesitating on update
I have a feeling the small usb lead is the culprit. It's definitely not the same quality as the one that shipped with my fiio ka3. I had random disconnections after a week in use on an android phone and have since swapped the lead for the one that came with the ka3 and haven't experienced any problems since. I to am holding back on the firmware update till it's a proven improvement as the comments seem quite negative at present regarding it

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #388 of 747

Has anyone experienced the max temp cut off?
I to wondered about the effects of the case and now run it out and about without it. I still think the culprit for my random disconnections was the low quality usb c lead as it's definitely not the same quality as the one supplied with the ka3. The one on the left is from ka17 - the one one the right is from the ka3 and seems much better made imho with regards to overall lead strength

Attachments

• 171049122292430117041317109556.jpg
    171049122292430117041317109556.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back