FiiO FX15. 1dd+1ba+4EST drivers
Jul 22, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #46 of 120
The number “1” is reversed for entry level.
What do you mean by this?

The number “1” in FX15 is the generation or upgrade code. Like this is the 1st generation of this product.

IMG_0358.jpeg

Jul 22, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #47 of 120
interesting comparison with FH9.
I need to know how they compare to the FH9 too. I love the signatures of my FH9 and 7Hz Timeless. I don’t think I’m particularly interested in enhanced treble.

Also, do we have to wait to see if there is an FX17 and FX19? They will be considerably more expensive. I’d need to be convinced these were worth switching to for my taste.

Jul 22, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #49 of 120
I need to know how they compare to the FH9 too. I love the signatures of my FH9 and 7Hz Timeless. I don’t think I’m particularly interested in enhanced treble.

Also, do we have to wait to see if there is an FX17 and FX19? They will be considerably more expensive. I’d need to be convinced these were worth switching to for my taste.
I also really like FH9, I have not found a single flaw in them for myself. but IEMs with EST drivers are still better, you can hear it instantly.
It is the high frequencies that are significantly better. for example, with headphones Yanyin x HBB Mahina / Yanyin Moonlight. FH9, unfortunately, will sound much simpler at high frequencies, when compared with these headphones.
for me personally FX15 is a controversial product. but the next models are definitely worth waiting for. but as we can see, the price can upset. EST drivers will become cheaper, it's a matter of time...

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #50 of 120
I also really like FH9, I have not found a single flaw in them for myself. but IEMs with EST drivers are still better, you can hear it instantly.
It is the high frequencies that are significantly better. for example, with headphones Yanyin x HBB Mahina / Yanyin Moonlight. FH9, unfortunately, will sound much simpler at high frequencies, when compared with these headphones.
for me personally FX15 is a controversial product. but the next models are definitely worth waiting for. but as we can see, the price can upset. EST drivers will become cheaper, it's a matter of time...
how Yanyin Moonlight compare va monarch mkii ?im want one drom two, but not like too much empdized bass

Jul 22, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #52 of 120
What do you mean by this?

The number “1” in FX15 is the generation or upgrade code. Like this is the 1st generation of this product.

IMG_0358.jpeg
I was talking about the second number.

So FX15 is first gen (1) of the middle (5) of the tribrid series (FX).

Jul 22, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #53 of 120
how Yanyin Moonlight compare va monarch mkii ?im want one drom two, but not like too much empdized bass
Moonlight have much less bass, there is no emphasis on low frequencies, unlike Monarch, the Moonlight are balanced. In Moonlight there are fewer low frequencies even than the FH9, but this will have its advantages. this is just an option when you don't want low frequencies to dominate.

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #54 of 120
Welp I am aware of and mostly agree with the arguments like "the driver count doesn't matter", "higher driver count doesn't translate into better sound quality automatically".

But there is also a commonly spread fact that with a certain driver type, there is simply a limitation what could be achievable. Like a full range single BA cannot mostly match the sq performance of a single full range DD inherently, therefore forces the manufacturers to mount more drivers in the shell. Imo, driver count matters in some ways.

Another thing worth to noting is that not every audio company in the world possesses technological prowess like 64audio or Sony to achieve a remarkable sq performance with low driver count, hence they need to rely on high driver count by stacking especially the BAs in the housing to enhance technicalities. Given Fiio's track record solely in the IEM territory I highly doubt FX15 will justify it's $800 price tag with it's somewhat unsatisfactory driver count.
Can't agree more, just look at ie900 .. 1 dd sell so expensive and still many follower

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #55 of 120
Moonlight have much less bass, there is no emphasis on low frequencies, unlike Monarch, the Moonlight are balanced. In Moonlight there are fewer low frequencies even than the FH9, but this will have its advantages. this is just an option when you don't want low frequencies to dominate.
thanks bro. also im see at campfire ara, what best for me vss moonlight if i lke mids and highs too?

Jul 23, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #56 of 120
If FX17 will have berilium DD, 4 EST drivers and no more than 4 BA's...it will probably be my endgame IEM.

Jul 23, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #58 of 120
for 1500eur?
Maybe 900€ msrp at launch and 450€ 2-3 years later on aliXpress. I've bought my FH7 for 235£. I can wait.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #60 of 120
Maybe 900€ msrp at launch and 450€ 2-3 years later months later on aliXpress. I've boght my FH7 for 235£. I can wait.
The right approach! I bought FH9 for 450$ at the recommended price of 650$, we just need to wait and follow different stocks.
as a rule, partners receive products significantly cheaper than the official prices, plus sites like Aliexpress have their own discount system, as a result, there is no problem to get a 30% discount from the official price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back