Fiio FT5
Nov 6, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #91 of 382
Nov 6, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #92 of 382
You guys are quite lucky to be able to buy from Ali, Fiio's geoblocking Germany.
lol why is that, because Fiio has a German store? They don’t have the FT5 yet. I looked. I would like to order from AE but even if it’s the official Fiio store I think it is to much money to spend at AE. The trouble you are in when you need it repaired under warranty…. I would not mind to order from the German Fiio store. I will wait for my Dutch supplier to have them in stock.

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #94 of 382
Nov 6, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #96 of 382
lol why is that, because Fiio has a German store? They don’t have the FT5 yet. I looked. I would like to order from AE but even if it’s the official Fiio store I think it is to much money to spend at AE. The trouble you are in when you need it repaired under warranty…. I would not mind to order from the German Fiio store. I will wait for my Dutch supplier to have them in stock.
Yeah, waiting for the German retailer to stock them as well.

Nov 7, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #97 of 382
same, also waiting for them to get the FF3S. bought a lot of stuff at their other shop, but everytime i ask them a question, they dont respond, which is kind of odd

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #101 of 382
Who is the Dutch supplier cause rather buy there then from ali..?

Nov 7, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #102 of 382
Who is the Dutch supplier cause rather buy there then from ali..?
This supplier is wifimedia.nl I do a lot of business with them and its a great company. I buy a lot of stuff and this is the best store I know. There are a lot of high end audio suppliers in the Netherlands but this is by far the best.

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #103 of 382
This supplier is wifimedia.nl I do a lot of business with them and its a great company. I buy a lot of stuff and this is the best store I know. There are a lot of high end audio suppliers in the Netherlands but this is by far the best.
Bought from them before, theyre pleasant to deal with, even in annoying situations. Can recommend

Nov 10, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #104 of 382
Just an update on my rudimentary impressions... they need EQ. I found that the sound was increasingly muddy, and lacking in detail, probably due to the flat FR.

I used Poweramp EQ to autoeq them using the Sundara 2020 eq, and they sound significantly more lively. The issue is, I don't really want to have to EQ them. Given the Harman-esq tuning of the FT3, I was hoping that the FT5 would be the same. I'm also using an ifi Gryphon with Tidal connected via USB, which bypasses any attempt to EQ them from my phone.

Again, I am no expert here, and have only really started to use really good over-ears in the last year or so, but my hope of planar versions of the FT3 with bigger earpads comes with some significant caveats for me.

I'm sure those who have access to great DAPs, their own music collection and like (and know how to) tweak will love these, but I just want to be able to plug and play.

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #105 of 382
Just an update on my rudimentary impressions... they need EQ. I found that the sound was increasingly muddy, and lacking in detail, probably due to the flat FR.

I used Poweramp EQ to autoeq them using the Sundara 2020 eq, and they sound significantly more lively. The issue is, I don't really want to have to EQ them. Given the Harman-esq tuning of the FT3, I was hoping that the FT5 would be the same. I'm also using an ifi Gryphon with Tidal connected via USB, which bypasses any attempt to EQ them from my phone.

Again, I am no expert here, and have only really started to use really good over-ears in the last year or so, but my hope of planar versions of the FT3 with bigger earpads comes with some significant caveats for me.

I'm sure those who have access to great DAPs, their own music collection and like (and know how to) tweak will love these, but I just want to be able to plug and play.

Yeah, saw your post on reddit too. Sorry to hear they're not what you were hoping for.

What you're describing perfectly aligns with the Audio Technica guy's impressions a few pages back, with the FT5 reminding him of the old Audeze house sound (LCD2 pre fazor/LCD3) with their neutral/dark upper mids. Definitely a marmite sound signature.

I've been hoping VSG would quickly get a pair and measure the frequency response like he did with the FT3's upon their release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back