Fiio E7
Feb 17, 2014 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

batteraziiz

100+ Head-Fier
Sooooo I bought a used Fiio E7 for a moderate price. It's in great condition, and I charge it for 5 hrs (as per the instructions).
It boots up as long as it's plugged in, I've noticed. It doesn't seem to be holding a charge.
-As it charges, the battery charge icon is flickering like mad & the red fiio logo that lights up when you charge is also flickering.

Are there any Fiio E7 owners out there that can tell me if those last 2 points are normal?
confused.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 6
You can easily change it yourself. I recently bought a few E7 about a month ago and one of them had a dead battery. I just opened up the back and replaced the battery with a battery from an old PS3 controller and it worked perfectly. The spec is similar and the PS3 controller battery comes with a built in circuit protector.

The battery from the PS3 controller is a little smaller so you'll need to charge it more than usual but it's an easy cheap fix. You can upgrade to a battery that holds more charge if you want as long as it's the same size.
That was an older picture but I replaced the battery with a 1800mAh battery and added jst connectors so I can change the battery anytime I want.

I've been using it for almost a month and everything works perfectly fine.

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 6
  Requires soldering, or just plug and go?

...I haven't really delved into the DIY stuff yet.

It's just two wires and (sorry but you can't plug and go with the E7) soldering is recommended for a safe and reliable result. I'm pretty sure a local computer repair shop would do it for free since it's just two quick little solder.
This is another old picture, the wires are just twisted together while I check to make sure everything was working the way its suppose to.

Replacing the battery yourself should be a last resort, if you can return it or get it fixed under warranty then that would be the best route to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back