Fiio E7 vs Nuforce Icon Mobile
Apr 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #46 of 54

Quote:

I am also a huge fan of your reviews. Some of my favorite one out there. Excellent quality (sound & video), and your music choices are the best. Love it. EDIT: Watching your BitHead review now (which has an amazing song in the background, by the way, your best choice yet, the first one. lol)

Thanks, man! I truly appreciate that and I'm constantly trying to improve my reviews for you guys! :) I want to expand my video reviews with some "how-to" videos as I get a ton of help questions, and I have a really cool series of videos that I am toying with, called "Audio Trip", sort of a play on words, but it involves me going out to local audio events and venues and shooting a short film on the experience. Should be a lot of fun :)

Again, thanks for the warm comments!

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #47 of 54
You deserve it. You have a very professional quality in your reviews. Keep em coming!

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #48 of 54
The Arrow is definitely a portable amp. No DAC, just sound. I got mine mainly for the form factor (although, of course it was an upgrade from my E7). It's nice and thin, and tall. I'm actually going to find a belt case for the Arrow + J3 soon.

It's a nice, thin setup with a ton of power, but it's not really practical for home use. Being out and about quite a bit, I needed to split up my home and portable set ups to get the best listening experience.

how is the arrow not suitable for home use?

so putting the portability aside and speaking strictly about sound, how does the E7+E9 compare to the arrow? it's extremely hard to find comparisons with the arrow ...

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #49 of 54

Quote:
Quote:
The Arrow is definitely a portable amp. No DAC, just sound. I got mine mainly for the form factor (although, of course it was an upgrade from my E7). It's nice and thin, and tall. I'm actually going to find a belt case for the Arrow + J3 soon.

It's a nice, thin setup with a ton of power, but it's not really practical for home use. Being out and about quite a bit, I needed to split up my home and portable set ups to get the best listening experience.

how is the arrow not suitable for home use?

so putting the portability aside and speaking strictly about sound, how does the E7+E9 compare to the arrow? it's extremely hard to find comparisons with the arrow ...

It blows away the E7, but you can't really compare it to the E9. The E9 has tons more power because it's a desktop amp. I'd take the E9 over the Arrow at home anyday...It's not practical for home use IMO because it doesn't have the power of a desktop amp, and no DAC...

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #52 of 54

Quote:
I am planning to get the E7 for my Cowon J3, but would it be able to power the AKG K701? I understand that the K701 requires quite a bit of juice, but would the E7 be sufficient? Thank you~

I have the AKG K702 which AFAIK are the same to drive as the K701. My E7 has no problem with the K702 via a LOD on my iPod.

The E7 is even better partnered with the E9.

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #54 of 54
Anymore insight on the E7 vs T3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back