Fiio e7 or ibasso t3d !!
Feb 6, 2011 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

readbmr

New Head-Fier
Hi can anybody tell me which is better either the fiio e7 or ibasso t3d ? I will be using it with my iphone 4/sens pxt210 bt and maybe some shures srh440 and sens hd25 1 11 , want to no which amp is louder, bass setting on either and also are there any treble settings on either? At moment im just using my fiio e5 with sens and iphone 4, just feel time to upgrade as love my music, ok i do like the look of the td3 as its so tiny and portable, cant wait to get your opinions/advice, oh and which amp of the above 2 go the loudest? Many thanks.

Brian

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 17
E7 has bass boost, T3 doesn't. You can find out the rest of the hardware difference by searching. SQ wise, T3 sounds better and can go louder. Do get yourself a line-out dock (LOD) if you are planning to amp the iPhone.

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 17
Hi and thankyou, can i ask why i need a line out dock? what does it do to my iphone 4 ? sorry to ask just a bit new on these things, was i also suposed to be using a line out dock with my fiio e5 ? or is that not powerful anough? many thanks for getting back to me so quickly, 

Regards from Brian   p-s can you point in the right direction for a link to a line out dock lod ? im in the uk   Thankyou

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 17
E5 is so basic that using an LOD or not isn't really too big of a deal. With better amp, you will want to get the best possible signal from the source to get the full potential out, and a line-out signal is the way to go. However, iPhone's line-out is in the dock connection, thus you will need to get a LOD in order to use it. Just search around eBay and you should find plenty cheap offer. They can go as low as <$20 and as hing as >$150. There is no need for you to get a really expensive one, so just keep it reasonable. Do a search in the forum and you will get an idea of what kind of LOD people use with iPhone 4.

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
E5 is so basic that using an LOD or not isn't really too big of a deal. With better amp, you will want to get the best possible signal from the source to get the full potential out, and a line-out signal is the way to go. However, iPhone's line-out is in the dock connection, thus you will need to get a LOD in order to use it. Just search around eBay and you should find plenty cheap offer. They can go as low as <$20 and as hing as >$150. There is no need for you to get a really expensive one, so just keep it reasonable. Do a search in the forum and you will get an idea of what kind of LOD people use with iPhone 4.

haha wow dude. The LOD from Fiio did noticable wonders for my E5, have you even listened to these things before you talk about them?

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
haha wow dude. The LOD from Fiio did noticable wonders for my E5, have you even listened to these things before you talk about them?

FYI, I beta tested the E5, L1 and L6 before they even went into the open market. I also wrote the first E5 and E7 review in the forum, as well as owning iBasso T4, T3D and half a dozen ultra-portable amps, plus a few more decent normal portable amps. If you want to know more, check out my profile.

I am not saying it does not do anything, but not big enough of a deal especailly since iPhone 4 internal amp is already doing a decent job by itself - thus the benefit of using an LOD + E5 is not adding up enough to outweigh the benefit of not having to carry anything extra. E7 and T3 are another matter, they are better amp than E5 and thus it makes sense to add LOD to the bulk.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 17
I agree. My Sansa Fuze didn't gain any noticeable SQ improvement by using an LOD with the E5. It made more of an improvement with the E7 and E9.

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 17
I understand that but that doesn't mean jack IMO. If he thinks that a LOD between a ipod an e5 and a decent sounding can doesn't contribute at least something noticable to the sound, he is wrong.

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #12 of 17
Hi all, now you all confusing me !! lod or no lod , and just wanted realy to no the diference between the fiio and td3  using my  iphone 4 and sens pxt 210, may not even keep these sens as may go for the sens hd25 1 11 or even the shures srh440 together with either the fiio e7 or the ibasso t3d as its smaller in size but around £50  more !! confusing all of this, just want the correct set up., i must admit using my iphone 4 and sens 210 wired and with the e5 they are suprisingly very good sound.

brian

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #13 of 17
FiiO LODs are cheap enough to make an investment.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #14 of 17
I got mine for less then ten dollars on amazon, if your current amp set up doesn't benefit from it then your future one most certainly will.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
I understand that but that doesn't mean jack IMO. If he thinks that a LOD between a ipod an e5 and a decent sounding can doesn't contribute at least something noticable to the sound, he is wrong.

What he's saying is that the improvement isn't too great even with a LOD when using the E5.  I've used my sansa fuze and the headphone out of that was just about as good as the LOD with the E5.  Actually it was so close in sound that I don't even bother to use my E5 with my fuze anymore.  I also have owned a Ibasso T3 before and I can say that it's everything better than the cheap E5. 

Readbmr, do yourself a favor and listen to clieOS.  There's a reason why he's reviewed all that gear and as someone who has both owned and heard the gear he's speaking of, I can tell you that his findings are correct.

I will also repeat this in italics and bold letters to get the desired effect:

Readbmr, do yourself a favor and listen to clieOS.  There's a reason why he's reviewed all that gear and as someone who has both owned and heard the gear he's speaking of, I can tell you that his findings are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back