Fiio E18
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #1,411 of 2,308
  Using E18 with LG G2 via OTG cable. Has anyone got an issue not being able to lock your android phone when using E18? i tried to lock the screen but cannot after pressing the power button at the back several times. Its only able to lock the screen after i switched E18 off. 

I just got an E18 yesterday. I have a Nexus 5 running a CM11 nightly from a week or so ago. I can't lock the phone with music playing through the E18 either. Fortunately the screen will turn off on its own after a few minutes.

Also, pressing the back button within a music app while music is playing causes the phone to reboot (and into safe mode if I leave the E18 connected).

It sounds great but these are pretty annoying problems, particularly the forced rebooting.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,412 of 2,308
Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the e18 works with the Sony Xperia Z1 compact smartphone please?

I'd like to use it with either neutron or poweramp as I hear these are great players :)

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,413 of 2,308
I just got an E18 yesterday. I have a Nexus 5 running a CM11 nightly from a week or so ago. I can't lock the phone with music playing through the E18 either. Fortunately the screen will turn off on its own after a few minutes.

Also, pressing the back button within a music app while music is playing causes the phone to reboot (and into safe mode if I leave the E18 connected).

It sounds great but these are pretty annoying problems, particularly the forced rebooting.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the e18 works with the Sony Xperia Z1 compact smartphone please?

I'd like to use it with either neutron or poweramp as I hear these are great players :)

You guys are asking in the wrong thread. There's a thread specifically about compatibility issues somewhere.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #1,417 of 2,308
Must be my post somewhere else. I've tried my friends HTC One with stock (with sense) Kitkat with the stock player and it worked. I can't remember if the volume can be controlled from the phone itself. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,420 of 2,308
With a phone/mobile device: Yes.

Through the PC: No. (It will be charging).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think you're right but is it not the case that the constant charging is bad for the battery?

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #1,422 of 2,308
when connected to a PC with the selector pointing at PC in, then the E18 will act as DAC/amp and at the same time E18 battery will be charging.

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,424 of 2,308

This is most likely not the fault of the E18 but instead the Android ROM (CM11) that you installed on your Nexus 5. My E18 works without problems on my stock VZW GS3, Apple iPod Touch 5G as well as different Laptops running Windows 7 and 8.1.
I have a Nexus 7 (2013) with the latest stock KitKat that doesn't work correctly with the E18, but it's not the E18 causing the problem. The Play/Pause and Navigate buttons on the E18 affect the Nexus 7, however, the music comes out of the Nexus 7. Sounds to me like in this case Google did half the job, the wrong half.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #1,425 of 2,308
I think you're right but is it not the case that the constant charging is bad for the battery?

Usually it is, but it also depends on if it charges constantly or just quits charging when battery is full, and then just uses the power to power the AMP/DAC.

Perhaps FiiO could fill us in on how this works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back