FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Jun 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,306 of 2,388
  I don't know but my Gold Edition was Serial #0039.  I just bought a second one from ProStudio myself.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Now I am considering whether to get the gold or the silver, hmmmmmm

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #1,307 of 2,388
Update!

I ordered from Amazon Prostudio for the E12DIY Gold Limited Edition version since the price is the same as the silver and I prefer the gold! ETA should be early to mid next week and I am looking forward to receiving my Gold E12DIY!

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #1,308 of 2,388

I also got by second E12DIY from these guys through Amazon. No  problems at all.

I got my first E12DIY directly from FiiO through the pre-order. Compared to that, the one from ProStudio is legit. Same thing, packaging and all, except color was silver instead of gold.

I understand there are only around 2000 E12DIYs produced. I wonder how many of them are still in the wild, unclaimed.

For what you get, and for how unique it is, $250 US seems like a very reasonable price for this amp.

only about 1,200 pcs E12DIY.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,309 of 2,388

Now I am considering whether to get the gold or the silver, hmmmmmm

Quote:
  Update!

I ordered from Amazon Prostudio for the E12DIY Gold Limited Edition version since the price is the same as the silver and I prefer the gold! ETA should be early to mid next week and I am looking forward to receiving my Gold E12DIY!

I originally ordered a silver one and ended up returning it because I liked the gold finish better.  The finish is very nice but understated and adds a little panache to my X5/E12 DIY stack...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,310 of 2,388
  Update!

Ordered my second one from them on Sunday night...it's out for delivery today (Tues)!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #1,311 of 2,388

only about 1,200 pcs E12DIY.

Wow, less than I thought!

My highschool had around 2000 students. It's crazy to think that there are only 1,200 units of the E12DIY in the entire world.

Quote:
I originally ordered a silver one and ended up returning it because I liked the gold finish better.  The finish is very nice but understated and adds a little panache to my X5/E12 DIY stack...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I think it's a matter of taste. I have both, probably like the silver better, but it's really a tie for me.

The gold color is quite subdued. I think it may be a little bit too subdued for my personal taste. I'd say it tends to the slightly bland side.

It would be great if there were an offsetting color, like some red coloring; a red knob, or red lettering. I kind of wish the gold color were a little richer, something like iron man. Maybe a little more saturation. A little more "pop" in the color.

Silver is cool and straight forward. Looks cleaner and brighter than the gold. 

But you can't lose either way. It's a great amp!

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #1,312 of 2,388

Wow, less than I thought!

My highschool had around 2000 students. It's crazy to think that there are only 1,200 units of the E12DIY in the entire world.

I think it's a matter of taste. I have both, probably like the silver better, but it's really a tie for me.

The gold color is quite subdued. I think it may be a little bit too subdued for my personal taste. It would be great if there were an offsetting color, like some red coloring, like a red knob, or red lettering. I kind of wish the gold color were a little richer, something like iron man. Maybe a little more saturation. A little more "pop" in the color.

Silver is cool and straight forward. Looks cleaner and brighter than the gold. 

But you can't lose either way. It's a great amp!

You're absolutely right, it is just a matter of taste (or preference, or what-have-you).  I actually found the clean, bright silver as being too "standout-ish" stacked with the FiiO X5, whereas the subtle gold color faded to the background.  If anyone asks, I just tell them I wanted a color that matched the X5 jacks and not the buttons.
wink_face.gif

But that's the beauty of offering both colors...either will cater to the owner's taste.  And, as you said, you can't lose either way!
biggrin.gif

Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. - Although at first I was afraid the gold amp's sound might be a little "colored"...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,313 of 2,388
    Quote:
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

From pictures I think the Silver would look great if the Fiio wordings were red as in the early rendered photos. I gave some thought then I decided for the Gold as I think the Gold looks just that slightly better :)

Ordered my second one from them on Sunday night...it's out for delivery today (Tues)!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Wow! You mean you have 2 Gold E12DIYs? I have the standard E12 and if I get the Silver E12DIY, then I would have 3 E12 amps lol. So far other than the V Moda Verza, I think the next best looking portable amp on the market is the E12 and not to mention, powerful to boot :)

I gave away my X5 to a very good friend of mine, now I'm using the Sony ZX-1 / Sony PHA-2 / Fiio E12 stack. I will be swapping it out with the Gold E12DIY when it arrives and now I'm very tempted to get another Fiio X5 + the Standard E12 + the Fiio HS6 kit. Or should I order another silver E12diy? OMG! I think Im going crazy lol!

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,314 of 2,388
  From pictures I think the Silver would look great if the Fiio wordings were red as in the early rendered photos. I gave some thought then I decided for the Gold as I think the Gold looks just that slightly better :)

Wow! You mean you have 2 Gold E12DIYs? I have the standard E12 and if I get the Silver E12DIY, then I would have 3 E12 amps lol. So far other than the V Moda Verza, I think the next best looking portable amp on the market is the E12 and not to mention, powerful to boot :)

I gave away my X5 to a very good friend of mine, now I'm using the Sony ZX-1 / Sony PHA-2 / Fiio E12 stack. I will be swapping it out with the Gold E12DIY when it arrives and now I'm very tempted to get another Fiio X5 + the Standard E12 + the Fiio HS6 kit. Or should I order another silver E12diy? OMG! I think Im going crazy lol!

I guess I'm crazy that way.  I also have a iBasso DX90 along with my FiiO X5 so I might as well have two E12 DIY's. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S.- I guess we all have to be crazy about something.
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,315 of 2,388
  I guess I'm crazy that way.  I also have a iBasso DX90 along with my FiiO X5 so I might as well have two E12 DIY's. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S.- I guess we all have to be crazy about something.
biggrin.gif

Wow! Makes me very tempted to go out and get another X5 and another E12DIY in silver lol. I am thinking what am I gonna do with the Standard E12 lol.

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #1,318 of 2,388
The HA-5002 and silmic II's are on their way from mouser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back