FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #1,201 of 1,271
Anyone want 18 bl-5b batteries for the E11 for 40$? Just found this on eBay. You'd be set on batteries... Assuming you'll be using the e11 for the rest of your life. http://m.ebay.com/itm/321154447374?nav=SEARCH

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #1,203 of 1,271
I recently purchased the Fiio E11 soon after purchasing a pair of V-Moda XS. This being my first amp as well as first audiophile headphones, I wasn't sure what to expect at first. After a few days of listening, I has a good idea of how the two worked together. The first thing I noticed was that it didnt seem to enhance the overall sound as much as expected. While certain details came to light off in the distance, the center of the mids seemed to be over shadowed. In the instance of every song by Thousand Foot Krutch, the electric guitar became more emphasized and clearer, but it seemed to blur the vocals, no matter the volume or equalizer. The equalizer itself is very different than the one in your iPod settings. It doesn't alter the sound but rather adds two additional depths of bass. While the amp does a good job, its not my bread and butter as someone that prefers vocals, and I plan on selling my E11

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,204 of 1,271
Can you return the e11? You should try the e12, it is a lot cleaner sounding, pro lay be more to your liking. What is the source you are using with the amp.

Also, welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet..

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,205 of 1,271
Can you return the e11? You should try the e12, it is a lot cleaner sounding, pro lay be more to your liking. What is the source you are using with the amp.

Also, welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet..
and then even cleaner than that is the objective 2... I suggest keeping the e11 for now. Its not like he really needs it... And welcome to head-fi. What he said. Its not the amps fault dude. Its the XS's. The bass is put a little in front of the vocals. I think your brain might be playing tricks on you. The xs doesn't need any amplifier... Especially not with an iPod... Unless, you just want more volume. Other than that, its your headphones fault.(I was talking to blue link after the first sentence.)

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #1,207 of 1,271
Still doesn't change the fact that the bass is 6-7db boosted...

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,209 of 1,271
My E11 has started acting strangely, when I plug it in using the USB cable to my laptop and remove the battery the orange light glows up and as soon as I insert the battery it goes out. I checked the battery and it tested out at 4.2v on the multimeter. Yet, when I turn the amp on ( with the battery in it), it doesn't, even the blue light does not show up. Am I SOL on the amp and need to digest this as a bad loss and move on?

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #1,210 of 1,271
My E11 has started acting strangely, when I plug it in using the USB cable to my laptop and remove the battery the orange light glows up and as soon as I insert the battery it goes out. I checked the battery and it tested out at 4.2v on the multimeter. Yet, when I turn the amp on ( with the battery in it), it doesn't, even the blue light does not show up. Am I SOL on the amp and need to digest this as a bad loss and move on?

might be a stupid question.....did you try replacing the battery?from ur spare,if you have any,as its an easy gettable nokia bl-5b,even you can try checking from your known sources(battery loan to check if the amp really bitten its dust or the battery itself). Ebay also sell them besides amazon.com,for that matter.

Alternatively you can also use 3* AA/AAA batteries by connecting in series, and connect their +ve and -ve trrminals to the amp's polarity respectively to just see if the power LED(blue) glows/responds.

Again, the above tip has a total combined voltage of 4.5v(1.5V *3 batteries) if the batteries are new,so you can use them to have'em discharge some volts to be as close as 4.2V to be on safer side. Please try this as a final resort, if you totally gave up on your E11 after all the possible attempts are made,E11 out of warranty etc and dont point your finger at me in the end, if nothing shows up.......and note that we are dealing with DC power so no harm to the components as long as its DC(battery).just.............

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #1,213 of 1,271
URW,not a problem........lets hope to see it glowing blue back.
biggrin.gif

Battery swap did not do the trick...it just refuses to turn back on...Off to trash it goes and hello E12 :D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back