FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Feb 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,156 of 1,271
Yeah i got it.thx. I actually thought HK sellers like mp4,penonaudio selling with battery pack but didnt realize it was actually mica thru amazon.... And luckily i got mine(spare battery) from my very old cell phone inventory!:wink:

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #1,157 of 1,271
Hi Guys, I've just spent a little time with this amp and thought I'd give my input. I'm just starting to build a mobile rig after listening happily to my HD600s though a Matrix Audio Cube for a few years. Decided on ER4s. I guess I was expecting more from this amp. It has dramatically slower transients in the high end vs. my Matrix audio unit (which I love). I've also listened though at PA2V2 and, since that amp has a warmish presentation, I thought the E11 would be more too my liking. The slower high end really took a lot of texture out of strings and symbols. (same problem with the PA2V2) What's the next step up in this size range? I don't want to go too much larger.....

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #1,159 of 1,271
We'll, its always a challenge to write about sounds..... what I'm trying to describe is the immediacy of the high end... when a really high frequency happens, like the first "tick" of a guitar sting being plucked with a pick, or the impact of a brush on a symbol, how much impact was there? The "slower" sound I'm trying to describe is a smoothing out of high end transients. To be fair, this amp performed about the same as my PA2V2 with my ER4S, but neither product was able to get the most our of those phones. I have a Matrix Audio desktop amp which wasn't particularity expense ($200ish) that is worlds better this this respect.......  

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #1,160 of 1,271
Thanks for explaining. 
L3000.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,161 of 1,271
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 (and my old PA2V2) in a thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710966/xlubens-fiio-e11-and-pa2v2-photos-and-review

I figured I'd post the photos over here as well.  I hope that is OK.  

I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.

Quote:
  I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!).  I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.  

First here are some photos of the FiiO E11.  I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.

Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.

Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.

The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).

The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.

The top has a power light and charging light.  The mini USB charging port is on the side.

The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery.  The cover is made of very thin metal.

The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.  

The body of the E11 is molded plastic.

Another shot of the back side.

Size comparison vs. the Moto X.

Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.

Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.

FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.

Here are some photos of the PA2V2.  Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)

Front view.  Clear faceplate.  Blue LED.

Rear 3/4 view.

PA2V2 opened up.

Inside the PA2V2.

Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.

Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.

Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.

Here are the side by side shots of the FiiO E11 and PA2V2.

PA2V2, MotoX, FiiO E11, and Shure SE215.

PA2V2, FiiO E11, and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.

3/4 view of PA2V2 and FiiO E11.

Front view of PA2V2 and FiiO E11.

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #1,163 of 1,271
Hi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
Thank you

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #1,164 of 1,271
Hi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
Thank you

There should be a 'hook' underneath the battery cover near the volume pot to prevent it from coming out. Check if the cover is slightly bended outward or not. If it is, push it back a bit so the hook will catch the case.

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #1,165 of 1,271
I'd tried this already but didn't want to be too brutal with my new purchase and end up warping the back cover. However, a second attempt with a bit more gusto has proved successful and saves me the long wait to return it to China! Thanks for the advice

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #1,168 of 1,271
  Hello,

Did I read somewhere that FiiO is releasing an updated E11 soon?  Or am I dreaming?

Thanks,
R

They did about a year ago, it's called the E12

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,169 of 1,271
Hello,

Did I read somewhere that FiiO is releasing an updated E11 soon?  Or am I dreaming?

Thanks,
R

Nah, pinch urself......it might be I, posted that E11 will be replaced with E11K which will have non-replaceable battery......available by mid of 2014 i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back