FiiO E11 1.0 amp charger
Dec 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hodgjy

Headphoneus Supremus
I tried searching for this information, but was unsuccessful.  I apologize if there is a thread on this topic buried somewhere.

I have the FiiO E11.  The instruction manual says to only charge it with a 500 mA usb charger.  Normally, any amperage usb charger should work, provided that battery has the appropriate limiter to draw only the correct amount. 

Does the FiiO E11 have such a limiter?  Does anyone know if the FiiO E11 can be charged safely with a 1.0 or 2.1 A usb charger?  I would like to use one of my wall chargers instead of using my computer.  Thanks.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I tried searching for this information, but was unsuccessful.  I apologize if there is a thread on this topic buried somewhere.

I have the FiiO E11.  The instruction manual says to only charge it with a 500 mA usb charger.  Normally, any amperage usb charger should work, provided that battery has the appropriate limiter to draw only the correct amount. 

Does the FiiO E11 have such a limiter?  Does anyone know if the FiiO E11 can be charged safely with a 1.0 or 2.1 A usb charger?  I would like to use one of my wall chargers instead of using my computer.  Thanks.

Knowledgeable Fiio people are usually hanging out on this thread, good place to ask your Fiio question(s).
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-updated-on-11-9-2012

Here is a thread dedicated to the Fiio E11.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552605/fiio-e11-the-initial-impression-final-thought

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the 1A charger, as long as it is still 5V like USB is. I've used various wall units for my E6 and E11, all varying between 500mA and 1A.
Usually though, I don't have to , because I got my E11 with a separate charger and spare battery. (Micca Store ftw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back