Fiio BTA10 for ATH-M50X
Oct 6, 2022 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ultrarunner2018

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys;
I have owned my ATH-M50X for a while now, and have always enjoyed them, but more recently, purchased the Senn HD600's and HIFIMAN Deva Pro, which are both open-back cans. Of course, the open-back headphones have a better soundstage, but I would like to listen to binaural beats for relaxation, and the closed-back ATH-M50X work best for this purpose.
I have been considering the Sony WH-1000XM4 or XM5 or the Technics EAH-A800 for their wireless connectivity and ANC, but thought maybe I could buy a good Bluetooth adapter for the ATH-M50X (or perhaps the ATH-M50XBT) and save some $$.
I did some Google searches, and it seems that the best BT adapter for the ATH-M50X was the Fiio BTA10, but that product is no longer available.
There are a couple of 'knock-off' models available on Amazon, but I doubt the sound quality and connectivity is as good as the Fiio.
I need to connect to my Galaxy A51 Android 12 phone using one of the HD codecs.

For now, I am using the ATH-M50X wired with my phone and they sound great; it's just not as convenient as wireless.
Of course ANC would be nice to have for binaural beats, since the quieter the environment, the more effective the program is.

Any ideas of why Fiio discontinued the BTA10, and whether there is a comparable product available?

Thanks for your help
Ultrarunner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back