FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,501 of 3,064
After several months with my A83s, the left channel is beginning to exhibit the cut-out problem.  Turning head left or right initiates the issue.  This is my second set, the first were returned immediately with the same issue.  I'll be trying some other cables, probably the Shure.  What other cables to people like that don't cost a fortune?

One theory I have on the cut-out issue is the carrying case.  I use mine a lot, back and forth from work.  I'm wondering if some repeated stress is introduced by frequently wrapping the IEMs around the foam insert that goes in the case.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #1,502 of 3,064
  After several months with my A83s, the left channel is beginning to exhibit the cut-out problem.  Turning head left or right initiates the issue.  This is my second set, the first were returned immediately with the same issue.  I'll be trying some other cables, probably the Shure.  What other cables to people like that don't cost a fortune?

One theory I have on the cut-out issue is the carrying case.  I use mine a lot, back and forth from work.  I'm wondering if some repeated stress is introduced by frequently wrapping the IEMs around the foam insert that goes in the case.

Honestly, I'm hesitant to actually buy a cable for my set right now since I'm not getting sound out of the left ear with either connector side, but Brooko tells me this is a characteristic of the connectors being an issue. Gonna see if I can try out my friend's Shure SE215 cable at some point. Or maybe the Fidue guys will get back to me.

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,503 of 3,064
Since the beginning of 2015 when I received these after my trip, I've experienced no issues so far. Keep in mind that I don't use the foam insert for the Fidue A83 (not convenient enough for me and I get noticed for just having a case). The Lunashops cable from Penon Audio did cut out during certain angles without the tabs (I probably wasn't being careful back then), but the stock and Shure cable has had no issues.

After cutting the tabs of the stock cable, everything's still fine other than some minor cosmetic issues hidden by the cable connection. I also wipe the A83's with a paper towel or Kleenex (wet sometimes) to clean it, and have no issues with the connector strength when doing that.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #1,504 of 3,064
That problem is regarding cable or cable input on earphones? (Sorry for my english :) )

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #1,505 of 3,064
On mine it was the male cable connector. Shure cable fixed it.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,507 of 3,064
I just sent a month old set back for replacement.  The left ear piece connection was experiencing intermittent cut outs with movement, with both stock cable and a Westone cable.  I believe it to be the female jack and not a male connector issue.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,508 of 3,064
  I just sent a month old set back for replacement.  The left ear piece connection was experiencing intermittent cut outs with movement, with both stock cable and a Westone cable.  I believe it to be the female jack and not a male connector issue.

I'm sorry that you're having problems with the connectors. It's a shame that so many owners are experiencing the same problems. Fidue really needs to address this issue.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,509 of 3,064
Yeah this is kinda putting me off on this one...Someone posted a few weeks ago a fixed cable version...Got it.

Quote:
  Does anyone here know what the difference is between the Fidue A83 and A83F? I saw the A83F today, and the only explanation I got was that the A83F have fixed cables. 

Is this for real? Can't see it anywhere...Well: http://www.ex-audio.co.kr/shop/detail.php?pno=069059B7EF840F0C74A814EC9237B6EC&rURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ex-audio.co.kr%2Fshop%2Fbig_section.php%3Fcno1%3D1101&ctype=1&cno1=1013

Not on LMUE or international stuff... 

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #1,511 of 3,064
That might have been me. I saw the fixed cable version and they're called A83F. The earphones are no longer red and blue on the inside but just black. The fixed cable might be a good thing for some people and not for others. The cables are no longer replaceable on those so it's something to keep in mind when purchasing. So far I've only seen them in Asia however and doesn't look like they're available yet in the USA. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,513 of 3,064
  That might have been me. I saw the fixed cable version and they're called A83F. The earphones are no longer red and blue on the inside but just black. The fixed cable might be a good thing for some people and not for others. The cables are no longer replaceable on those so it's something to keep in mind when purchasing. So far I've only seen them in Asia however and doesn't look like they're available yet in the USA. 

I'm glad Fidue is addressing the problem with fixed cable. IMO, I feel the fixed cable would be a big plus, considering all the problems with the detachable cable. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,514 of 3,064
I am guessing that the fixed cable version does not swivel, which is fine with most other people. I personally have a much better fit with the swivel of a modified stock or another cable.

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,515 of 3,064
I am guessing that the fixed cable version does not swivel, which is fine with most other people. I personally have a much better fit with the swivel of a modified stock or another cable.

True in my case. As the acrylic body is already finicky to fit in most ears, fixing the swivel part won't make the IEM more flexible to insert to the ears. Maybe if the memory wire is really thin or absent, like in some aftermarket cables, then insertion and fit will be great. Regular cleaning of the connectors seems to fix the intermittent sound issue for me, at least. Can see the dirt build up after using for about 1-2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back