Fidelizer Pro - Real or Snake Oil?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #376 of 683
  Windows X you're being ridiculous.  You said you spoke too fast, you took it back, you hoped bfreedma hadn't heard you.  That's fine and should have been your first response, when bfreemdma clearly said he did you "hear" (he said you insulted him).  Your first response though was to say you didn't insult him.  No that's not denying you said a thought in your head.  It's something he "heard" you actually say, and you then you insisted he didn't.  You were calling him a liar when he described something that you knew did happen.  It's not just a lie, it's a slanderous lie, and now you're defending it.

My quoted message was updated so I thought he referred to that ones. I didn't meant to feign my ignorance but simply misunderstood for my edited message. Well, I apologize for slipping the word about ignorant and idiocy to him then. Honestly, I've been insulted and framed by him for almost half of this thread already. I long removed security services as he suggested yet he kept saying Fidelizer will endanger PC and such. Whenever I ask him something for technical information I'm interested in like DiffMaker, he just went silent and waited for another chance to bring me down with all silly posts about Fidelizer being snake oil explaining fast computer won't have this problem. I got a few customers running server CPU and did some DiffMaker tests on 8 core CPUs. Get real, please. You said that over dozen times already and it wasn't true.It could be true from enterprise server's perspective where you focus work on scaling and bandwidth but audio doesn't work that way. No matter how fast your CPU is, if implementation isn't optimized for good multimedia I/O applications, it won't work at its best.

I've tried to keep my patience and focus about DiffMaker for different approach of audio measurements and yet people keep dragging to destructive comments and I finally snapped for a few minutes.  To be honest, I'm tired and sick with all this mess. Fidelizer was already proven to be effective with DiffMaker on completed route of bit-perfect playback/recording and yet no one made soundly disagreement until Joe Bloggs comes in.

And I didn't call him a liar but indirectly told him that he's been insulting people too. Are you done with this? If no one else gonna care about DiffMaker, I'll find the truth about bit-perfect and DiffMaker elsewhere.

Regards,
Windows X

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #378 of 683
I tested accordingly to DiffMaker standards with properly controlled environment.

Forgive me if I am wrong or if this has been mentioned already, I haven't followed this entire discussion. Am I correct that you used the computer running Fidelizer as both the test and measurement device in your DiffMaker tests? I mentioned this briefly in the other thread, you cannot create a properly controlled environment if Fidelizer is running on the measurement setup.

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #379 of 683

Forgive me if I am wrong or if this has been mentioned already, I haven't followed this entire discussion. Am I correct that you used the computer running Fidelizer as both the test and measurement device in your DiffMaker tests? I mentioned this briefly in the other thread, you cannot create a properly controlled environment if Fidelizer is running on the measurement setup.

By properly, I mean bit-perfect is used in both playback/recording with the same bit-depth/sample rate and confirm there's no drop out found in recordings, both with or without Fidelizer. Please advise if you have recommendation about test environment setup for DiffMaker measurements.

Regards,
Windows X

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #381 of 683
  I',m running fidelizer, using Tidal, but do I need to "link" it to Tidal program, or is it ok to just run fidelizer alone?

Are you running the lossy or lossless version?

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #382 of 683
  I',m running fidelizer, using Tidal, but do I need to "link" it to Tidal program, or is it ok to just run fidelizer alone?

You can run Tidal after Fidelizer finish optimizations without linking. Linking Tidal with Fidelizer will give Tidal extra optimizations from running as administrator account and with high priority.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #385 of 683
  Hey guys just wondering is there a general consensus if this actually works or not?

No significant measurable effect.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #386 of 683
  Hey guys just wondering is there a general consensus if this actually works or not?

I believe there's a few people who can notice the improvement right away seeing how frequent feedback and orders I received. And there's a bit crude measurement with significant improvement here.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/measuring-digital-audio-qualities-of-bit-perfect-playback-with-diffmakers-correlation-depth/

The best way to confirm is to try Fidelizer yourself and see if it can improve your system or not. It's free and it does no harm in trying. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #387 of 683

I believe there's a few people who can notice the improvement right away seeing how frequent feedback and orders I received. And there's a bit crude measurement with significant improvement here.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/measuring-digital-audio-qualities-of-bit-perfect-playback-with-diffmakers-correlation-depth/

The best way to confirm is to try Fidelizer yourself and see if it can improve your system or not. It's free and it does no harm in trying. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

A caveat, it could potentially create problems (harm) with a person's PC, especially for someone with limited knowledge of how the operating system works, as it makes changes to the configuration.  

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #388 of 683
Jan 7, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #389 of 683

A caveat, it could potentially create problems (harm) with a person's PC, especially for someone with limited knowledge of how the operating system works, as it makes changes to the configuration.  

Free version of Fidelizer makes no permanent change to system. There's no harm in trying so far.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #390 of 683
If you are having problems which that software is trying to solve (AFAICT just changes processes scheduling policies), these are pretty clear, as they manifest with audio skipping. Which is audible (and annoying) w/out any effort.
But that's a big if, as with modern many-cores-and-even-more-many-hyperthreads systems, it takes quite a bit of system stress for the audio feeding app, to miss scheduling windows so big to let the audio device starving for data.
I have personally not had audio skipping since I don't even remember, and I stress my system quite a bit with big/parallel software builds.
IOW, I won't go as far as claiming snake oil, but you can be almost certain you can do without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back