Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
May 14, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #1,081 of 1,222
I think @GoldenSound he can explain it better than I can with my modest/bad English 🙈

I wish everyone a lot of fun with the GSE version .... a device that is really an enrichment/which makes sense for listening music via headphones👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #1,082 of 1,222
I really like it with tube amps (it plus the envy anniversary edition was awesome) I just wouldn't necessarily use the tube mode itself if using a tube amp (maybe if using a very low distortion one like a WA33 or something but not with most SET amps)

May 14, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #1,084 of 1,222
But then 🤔 using the GSE with the HE-1 would be wrong since it has tubes 🤭

The He1 works differently 😎

NOMAX

PS.No tubes in the Headphone ....Class A MOS-FET 😉

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #1,085 of 1,222
But then 🤔 using the GSE with the HE-1 would be wrong since it has tubes 🤭
Using it with HE1 would make a lot of sense imo.

Having tried the HE1 both standalone and with the Lina dac I feel the internal dac is something of a bottleneck.

I'd love to hear he1 with the GSE someday.

May 14, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #1,086 of 1,222
Using it with HE1 would make a lot of sense imo.

Having tried the HE1 both standalone and with the Lina dac I feel the internal dac is something of a bottleneck.

I'd love to hear he1 with the GSE someday.

Well, as long as the HE1 transducer is still far ahead of all the others, it doesn't matter for me 😉
(At the end of the day, it is still the transducer that is responsible for the acoustic performance and not the dac)

NOMAX

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #1,087 of 1,222
Well, as long as the HE1 transducer is still far ahead of all the others, it doesn't matter for me 😉

NOMAX
Oh yeah, he1 is incredible. I just mean I'd love to see how much better it gets with a DAC like the GSE

HE1 + GSE spatial enhancement would probably be insanely good

May 14, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #1,089 of 1,222
HE1 + GSE spatial enhancement would probably be insanely good
And that's the only reason why I'm buying it...not because of the DAC...because of the features from GSE 😉
(I don't buy anything because of a little difference or nuance...I only spend money on clear audible differences from the first second)

NOMAX

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #1,090 of 1,222
I have never listened to the HE-1 🙈 maybe one day. It seems like a beast of a system! I was just saying it because Nomax said no tubes… 🥺

Don't worry.... i want not stop anyone from investing their money in tube electronics and having fun with it👍

NOMAX

PS.I belong to a different faction/group....who take other paths to reach their destination 😉
(I left the audiophile circus behind me a very very long time ago)

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #1,091 of 1,222
And that's the only reason why I'm buying it...not because of the DAC...because of the features from GSE 😉
(I don't buy anything because of a little difference or nuance...I only spend money on clear audible differences from the first second)

NOMAX
Let us know how it is once you try it!

May 14, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #1,092 of 1,222
Don't worry.... i want not stop anyone from investing their money in tube electronics and having fun with it👍

NOMAX

PS.I belong to a different faction/group....who take other paths to reach their destination 😉
(I left the audiophile circus behind me a very very long time ago)
Personally, I wouldn't call buying a $3,295 DAC leaving the audiophile circus behind. :smile:

May 14, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #1,093 of 1,222
Personally, I wouldn't call buying a $3,295 DAC leaving the audiophile circus behind. :smile:

I'm not interested in the differences between the various expensive Dacs.....I'm only interested in the features from GSE
And these are far more audible than the differences between the various Dacs😂
......that's why I'm spending the money on it 👍

NOMAX

PS.For small differences and nuances there are enough people (audiophile Clientel) who spend their money...I don't count myself among them 😎
Everyone has their own path that leads to satisfaction.....and mine is just different from the others

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #1,094 of 1,222
Anyone who has heard the GSE with headphones will wonder what a Chord Dave is for? what a DCA LINA is for?a Masterclock?expensive cables?
That is nothing against it what you get here for 3200 Euros💪👍.......except that you have a lot more money to spend to others for and their nuances 😂
Every acoustician I know from various headphone manufacturers will confirm this to me

NOMAX

PS.And believe me....after two decades I know many 😉
(I was also at the Ferrum booth with Bernhard from AA with his Composer...he was also amazed)
I am sure that I will not be the only one who will be convinced by the GSE
Yes, that's how it is when the Nomax screams with his enthusiasm 🤘😎
But now I'll stop...otherwise you'll really think I'm crazy🤪

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #1,095 of 1,222
Anyone who has heard the GSE with headphones will wonder what a Chord Dave is for? what a DCA LINA is for?a Masterclock?expensive cables?
That is nothing against it what you get here for 3200 Euros💪👍.......except that you have a lot more money to spend to others for and their nuances 😂
Every acoustician I know from various headphone manufacturers will confirm this to me

NOMAX

PS.And believe me....after two decades I know many 😉
(I was also at the Ferrum booth with Bernhard from AA with his Composer...he was also amazed)
I am sure that I will not be the only one who will be convinced by the GSE
Yes, that's how it is when the Nomax screams with his enthusiasm 🤘😎
But now I'll stop...otherwise you'll really think I'm crazy🤪
Don't worry, we are all a little bit crazy here 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back