Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #5,942 of 6,413
  BA sets usually have faster bass decay than dynamic drivers, but personally I prefer the timbre of DD bass to BA bass.

True until they started to produce push-pull pairs of dynamic drivers recently.
Clean tight bass, can be very fast if needed.

A nice technological step-up from the previous huge single DDs (12-14mm).
Best recent example, with bigger/cleaner bass and more details than ASG 2.0/2.5: Rose Cappuccinos MK1/MK2. MK1 is fast as hell, MK2 has a decay switch (normal/fast).
Glad to see that new technologies are not always marketing gimmiks.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #5,943 of 6,413

Best recent example, with bigger/cleaner bass and more details than ASG 2.0/2.5: Rose Cappuccinos MK1/MK2. MK1 is fast as hell, MK2 has a decay switch (normal/fast).

You have experience with unique melody brands of IEMs ? Does these Rose cappuccinos share and sounds anything in common / similar in anyway with those sonics coming out like those of unique melody UM series ? Like those of Martians , Merlin and such ?

As far as these roses IEMs are concerned , other than purchasing directly off mainland China aliexpress / taobao , it's close to impossible to do a demo session in store , at least in speaking of SG .

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #5,945 of 6,413

This I agree with, I was very impressed with ckr9ltd's bass agility but the mids were too forward for me. But those came out almost 2 years ago and I'd imagine new improvements since then have gotten even better too

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #5,946 of 6,413
You have experience with unique melody brands of IEMs ? Does these Rose cappuccinos share and sounds anything in common / similar in anyway with those sonics coming out like those of unique melody UM series ? Like those of Martians , Merlin and such ?

As far as these roses IEMs are concerned , other than purchasing directly off mainland China aliexpress / taobao , it's close to impossible to do a demo session in store , at least in speaking of SG .

Yes, Rose IEMs are not available for demo, which is a shame since it would help them immensely, given their medium price positioning.

I tried Martians when I was in vacation in Singapore, and they don't have much in common with Rose Cappuccinos depiste the similar driver config. I won't repeat myself since it's explained in the Rose and Martian threads.

Merlin was quite nice and detailed on the other hand, but I wanted more bass and ended buying Fidue Sirius in SG.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #5,947 of 6,413
Yes, Rose IEMs are not available for demo, which is a shame since it would help them immensely, given their medium price positioning.

I tried Martians when I was in vacation in Singapore, and they don't have much in common with Rose Cappuccinos depiste the similar driver config. I won't repeat myself since it's explained in the Rose and Martian threads.

Merlin was quite nice and detailed on the other hand, but I wanted more bass and ended buying Fidue Sirius in SG.

Thanks , that bass thing is after all I'm after . Will do a read up and follow that thread closely . But price wise , it's reasonable priced , rather affordable too . Without any possibility to have it demo , have to rely heavily on user reviews ,

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #5,953 of 6,413
I pretty much have the entire lineup, and the FXA7 and ASG2.5 are neck and neck. The 2.5 sounds a bit less jagged up top though.
Cool man! I'm thinking of buying the seven's, but if the 2.5/fxa7 is tit for tat, why take hat plunge? The cables on my 2.5's are loose and when I'm walking they won't stay connected. Is this a common problem with a common fix or will I need to send them of for repair?

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #5,955 of 6,413
Just FYI guys
Be careful when you use the stock mmcxi cable to other IEMs. I dunno if mine from Aurisonics Harmony is a defect or what but its been really hard to take off even from the Harmony itself (Left side only, so i guess its a defect). I replaced the cable with another after market one so I put the stock cable on my FX850 and now its stuck. I decided to dump the cable anyway so I tried pulling it out with force, I broke the cable, then I broke the connector, I finally pulled the pin out. Guess what, 2 parts of the rings are stuck inside the socket of my FX850. LOL! Any chance anyone would know how to save my FX850?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back