Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 28, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #5,386 of 6,413
I tried end gaming with the forte. No. Damn. Way. That BA did nothing for the mids/treble. At $400, I would have been a fool to keep them when IEMS at $200 best it.

IMO

I actually have to agree to some degree here. I think the mids of the Forte come up short with vocals and some instruments and the treble doesn't shimmer and shine like some people need. "Resolution" or "accuracy" aren't words I would use to describe the Forte. Nonetheless, I love the presentation as a whole coming from IEM's like the ie8/80, Noble 3U, Monster Turbine series, and a few other notables. Forte's simply trump the others in the overall listenability category. The Kicker was pretty awesome too...but not for mid-range lovers.

Different strokes, whatever floats your boat, or some other platitude like that. Interesting you didn't care for the midrange coming from the T10 and D1k.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #5,387 of 6,413
I'm slowly finding that I'm partial to a V shaped signature. I think that's why I prefer the t10 and dn1k. Even when I use an eq, I find myself pulling the mids down a bit every time. So, I think the forte was just a case of an ill fitting signature.

That being said, I don't think the forte is worth the price. The build was Ok but not great, and the "improved" mmxc connectors are proving to still be problematic. Mine shorted out a few times as well as several others on this thread.

Even though I prefer V shaped, I can still appreciate a quality sound when I hear one regardless of response shape, and to me, the forte was a mixed bag. It had some lovely things going for it like the very wide soundstage, and the visceral bass response. The fit and isolation were wonderful, but these are all things I have expirence from earphones costing a lot less. Furthermore the mids sounded very withdrawn and the treble seemed to be scooped out as well. I recall giving them chance after chance to win me over(even just a little bit would have been enough for me to not feel so stupid for spending so much) only to play a firmiliar track and just shake my head in disbelief at how dark they were.

I respect everyone's opinions here and I know I'm one of mabey two people who haven't been head over heels for the new bravo line, but I like to offer up my genuine expirence with my forte as to bring the expectations back into reality, so to speak.

On a side note,I bought the 1plus after hearing that it was indeed NOT a bassy sounding Aurisonics earphone and I have had it for about 3 weeks and temporarily swapped it to a friend for his noble 4. Long story short, I miss my 1plus and look forward to getting it back. I will say though, both the forte and the 1plus are hybrids using a single BA and a single dynamic, and I hear the treble to be scooped on both. Like, its there, but it isnt....if that makes sense... Like, the best way i can think to describe it is that it feels like there is "information missing" from the upper mids all the way through to the middle of the treble area. I'm wondering if it's a thing of aurisonics to scoop out the treble?

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #5,388 of 6,413
Thanks for pointing me towards Andy's new email address, he's been a great help before.

The shipping thing is very unfortunate being from Australia, it will either mean that I'll be without them for a while or out of pocket a fair bit of money for a product that is still under warrant. 
I doubt it's cable related as when I switch them around the right side still plays beautifully while the list is broken.

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #5,389 of 6,413
I'm slowly finding that I'm partial to a V shaped signature. I think that's why I prefer the t10 and dn1k. Even when I use an eq, I find myself pulling the mids down a bit every time. So, I think the forte was just a case of an ill fitting signature.

That being said, I don't think the forte is worth the price. The build was Ok but not great, and the "improved" mmxc connectors are proving to still be problematic. Mine shorted out a few times as well as several others on this thread.

Even though I prefer V shaped, I can still appreciate a quality sound when I hear one regardless of response shape, and to me, the forte was a mixed bag. It had some lovely things going for it like the very wide soundstage, and the visceral bass response. The fit and isolation were wonderful, but these are all things I have expirence from earphones costing a lot less. Furthermore the mids sounded very withdrawn and the treble seemed to be scooped out as well. I recall giving them chance after chance to win me over(even just a little bit would have been enough for me to not feel so stupid for spending so much) only to play a firmiliar track and just shake my head in disbelief at how dark they were.

I respect everyone's opinions here and I know I'm one of mabey two people who haven't been head over heels for the new bravo line, but I like to offer up my genuine expirence with my forte as to bring the expectations back into reality, so to speak.

On a side note,I bought the 1plus after hearing that it was indeed NOT a bassy sounding Aurisonics earphone and I have had it for about 3 weeks and temporarily swapped it to a friend for his noble 4. Long story short, I miss my 1plus and look forward to getting it back. I will say though, both the forte and the 1plus are hybrids using a single BA and a single dynamic, and I hear the treble to be scooped on both. Like, its there, but it isnt....if that makes sense... Like, the best way i can think to describe it is that it feels like there is "information missing" from the upper mids all the way through to the middle of the treble area. I'm wondering if it's a thing of aurisonics to scoop out the treble?

Are you using an amp? I think they really benefit from having some power.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #5,391 of 6,413
Just got a Null Audio Lune Series MK3 for my Kickers. I instantly found that the new cable opened up the treble A LOT more than the stock cable and soundstage managed to improve a bit. I definitely recommend a silver cable for the Aurisonics Kickers. The Fender FXA5 probably benefits as well considering it's almost the same

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #5,392 of 6,413
Just got a Null Audio Lune Series MK3 for my Kickers. I instantly found that the new cable opened up the treble A LOT more than the stock cable and soundstage managed to improve a bit. I definitely recommend a silver cable for the Aurisonics Kickers. The Fender FXA5 probably benefits as well considering it's almost the same
Wonder why iem companies dont offer upgrade cables, I have so many stock cables in a box.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #5,393 of 6,413
I think it's more like you're used to the brighter sound of the Dunu, which is fine really. It's kind of how some people prefer the hd650 to the hd800.

I have plenty of dark earphones and I don't listen to the DN1K often enough to develope a bias like that.

The fact is that the forte were underwhelming in a big way. I would in no way say that was due to a bias for a brighter earphone. That judgment is based entirely on its own merits for being incredibly dull sounding.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #5,394 of 6,413
I have plenty of dark earphones and I don't listen to the DN1K often enough to develope a bias like that.

The fact is that the forte were underwhelming in a big way. I would in no way say that was due to a bias for a brighter earphone. That judgment is based entirely on its own merits for being incredibly dull sounding.
How many months you keep talking about how much you dislike the Forte? Seems you talk more about what you didnt like than what you like. Just saying, time to move on. I dont say how I moved on from the 846 or K10. I had it and now I happy dont have either.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #5,395 of 6,413
I have personally come to love the forte. As a package deal and dollar-for-dollar, they have been one of the better iems I have owned and possibly the best for long term listening at louder volumes. They are certainly very different in their presentation from a lot of other iems I have tried. Heck I'm not sure I would even call them v or u shaped, but I find it pretty appealing nonetheless.

I dont know about you guys, but the manufacturing process is pretty innovative and damn cool. A great sounding hybrid speaker design with a 3d printed shell for custom like fit?! High fives all around.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #5,396 of 6,413
Quick question to you all:

Just got a pair of ASG 2.5's and the case it comes with, while nice, appears to be too small for the IEMs.  Anyone else run into this problem?  if so what case do you use to store them?

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #5,397 of 6,413

Just got a pair of ASG 2.5's and the case it comes with, while nice, appears to be too small for the IEMs.  Anyone else run into this problem?  if so what case do you use to store them?
Dont use it , its too small. Where did you get the 2.5 ? How about going onto the Aurisonics 2.0 and 2.5 thread as well ? Post a pic of your 2.5 and say some impressions on it?

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #5,398 of 6,413

If you disconnect the cable they fit fine. I don't think the case is really meant for daily use. Someone else can give more details but you can get a bigger Pelican case that should work fine.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #5,399 of 6,413
Custom AS-2.5 coming tomorrow from FedEx :) apparently they had a production issue with some materials that affected the Fender stuff as well. They're sending them overnight for free to make up for the additional time. The initial estimate was 4-6 weeks and today is exactly 8 weeks so it's not the end of the world.

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #5,400 of 6,413
How many months you keep talking about how much you dislike the Forte? Seems you talk more about what you didnt like than what you like. Just saying, time to move on. I dont say how I moved on from the 846 or K10. I had it and now I happy dont have either.

This website is for all expirences not just glowing ones. I only seek to bring some realistic expectations back into this forum as a whole. If you don't like reading my opinion then just scroll past.

I've seen pages of tip advice that I consider redundant, yet my negative opinion is so quickly squashed? Seems a bit dishonest to not let EVERYONES opinions be heard.

Also, I was directly asked for some insight here, so please refrain from requesting that I stop posting about my expirence with the forte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back