Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2,971 of 6,413
i know it's not the newest version, but i just got my ASG 1.2, and i'm VERY happy about them! I'm very impressed! i think it's the first time i turn the EQ off.....

But what are the best tips for it? I have some double flanges, they are good, but can it get better? 

thanks for your help! 

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #2,972 of 6,413
Quote:
i know it's not the newest version, but i just got my ASG 1.2, and i'm VERY happy about them! I'm very impressed! i think it's the first time i turn the EQ off.....

But what are the best tips for it? I have some double flanges, they are good, but can it get better? 

thanks for your help! 

ASG 1.2 was the first time I turned the EQ on 
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #2,973 of 6,413
Quote:

thanks for your help! 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/597225

Quote:
ASG 1.2 was the first time I turned the EQ on 
tongue.gif

lol

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,974 of 6,413
I got the ASG-1 Rev. 1.3. about a week ago, and I haven't had much to listen to them yet, since I'm giving them a 200-hours burn-in treatment, but from the little that I've heard, my impressions are quite positive. The sound produced by the new in-house drivers is quite smooth, yet combined with a good amount of details, and the mids are slightly forward. I like the bass amount, which gives the sound a fun feeling but doesn't shadow or over-power the other frequencies. That is as far as I'll go in regards to the sound, because as I've said, I had only a small amount of listening time. Once they'll have more than 200 burn-in hours I'll start the critical listening, and I'll then write a full review (and I'll post here a link to it).
 ​
 ​

The new shells fit so much better in my rather small ears, mainly because the annoying bump that was in them in the previous versions is almost completely gone! Back when I had my Rev. 1.1s, I could not wear them for more than 20 minutes due to the bump, but now, I almost don't feel the shells when they're inserted.

​

​
There are also some new tips, some of which I've found to be quite good in terms of comfort. The new nozzle holds the tips more strongly, but I still had a pair of bi-flanges come off inside of my ears. I found that Comply TS-400 fits nicely on them, and that is my current tips choice, but be sure that I'll continue with the tips-rolling.

​

Here is a little story regarding to the new shells: the same month, a year ago, I got the ASG-1 Rev 1.1 straight from Aurisonics. Immediately upon receiving them I noticed that the shells didn't really fit well inside my ears and caused some discomfort. So what did I do? I have contacted Dale and told him about that. He then asked me to send him some pictures of the IEMs inside my ears, and so I did. I have also explained to him in detail what was causing the discomfort. He then shared with me that he was developing a new shell with the bump "shaved", for people like me, which found Rev. 1.1. to be uncomfortable, and that is what became the Rev. 1.3. It shows you how much Dale cares and how much he takes the users' feedback seriously.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2,979 of 6,413
Wow, as someone who had fit issues with the G-1 due to the nub, I'm very pleased with the new shell

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2,980 of 6,413
Quote:
I got the ASG-1 Rev. 1.3. about a week ago, and I haven't had much to listen to them yet, since I'm giving them a 200-hours burn-in treatment,

hey looks very very nice, great to hear it makes for a much nicer fit also, those tips look very sweet, did you send a set of ASGs into Dale? or did you buy them outright? curious as to what the cost was for you to get them?

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #2,981 of 6,413
Sorry for not following this thread to get answers but can someone clue me in on this?

ASG-2's are not listed on Aurisonics website, are they or are they not yet available?
If available, how does one buy them and at one cost?
Can one trade in the ASG 1 for a discount for the ASG-2?

thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,982 of 6,413
Quote:
Sorry for not following this thread to get answers but can someone clue me in on this?

ASG-2's are not listed on Aurisonics website, are they or are they not yet available?

thanks in advance.

um not sure where assemblage fits? but there busy, very very busy! 
rolleyes.gif

but you could upgrade the ASGs to the 1.2s for $20.00, not sure if they still have that available? or if it would only be a straight overhaul to the 1.3s? I would like to upgrade a 1.1 set to the 1.2s if still available? I will have to e-mail Andy or Dale,

but the upgrades to the 1.3s is on hold till more of the 2's, and upgrades to the 2's start to ship out, not sure if all of the upgrades are on hold, I wouldn't be surprised if that was so, 

but busy, very very busy! lol,

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,983 of 6,413

thanks in advance.

Yeah the G-2 isn't officially for sale just yet, but MSRP is $500 USD. Dale has told all of us loyal G-1 owners to hold out for a nice upgrade to the G-2, in which he indicates that we'll be in for something "epic", a "surprise" if you will. And I'm estimating the upgrade price to be in the ballpark of $100-150. The G-1 carries a MSRP of $300 so a $200 difference to the G-2, one would imagine that an upgrade fee would be less than the cost of outright purchasing a new model.

Finally, Aurisonics are currently finishing up shipping out all outstanding orders from a special sale event. They ran into issues when these new bass valves they ordered turned up late, but things are currently back on track. We should expect to hear more fairly soon as a number of members in this thread have reported receiving the AS-2 and G-2 from the sale event

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #2,984 of 6,413
Quote:
Yeah the G-2 isn't officially for sale just yet, but MSRP is $500 USD. Dale has told all of us loyal G-1 owners to hold out for a nice upgrade to the G-2, in which he indicates that we'll be in for something "epic", a "surprise" if you will. And I'm estimating the upgrade price to be in the ballpark of $100-150. The G-1 carries a MSRP of $300 so a $200 difference to the G-2, one would imagine that an upgrade fee would be less than the cost of outright purchasing a new model.

Finally, Aurisonics are currently finishing up shipping out all outstanding orders from a special sale event. They ran into issues when these new bass valves they ordered turned up late, but things are currently back on track. We should expect to hear more fairly soon as a number of members in this thread have reported receiving the AS-2 and G-2 from the sale event

If the upgrade price is about 100, I'll definitely be going after it (cause then I'll be able to afford it :p) :wink:  We'll have to wait and see though.

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,985 of 6,413
I'm fairly confident about it. I predicted the MSRP of the G-2 months before it was announced just by comparing the price of the AS-1 ($600) to the AS-2 ($800) and extrapolating that to the G-1 ($300) vs. a proposed G-2 price ($500). So $100-150 seems fair to me, this is, however, before learning of the all new components within the G-2. The previous estimate was made under the assumption that certain assets, namely the shell and dynamic driver would be repurposed for the G-2. Now that its been revealed that the G-2 uses an all new driver/shell, I'm not quite sure what Dale plans to do with the G-1s we'll be sending in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back