Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #272 of 6,413
By the way Kenman, just noticed the words "polished the shell" do you mind taking a picture of the other side of the AS-2b? I would love to see how they look after a nice polishing.

May 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #273 of 6,413
Quote:
Anyone know what I do to get the memory wire thing form to my ear?
So, it took a while to respond to this, but I was awaiting word from Dale, I included what he said below, I wanted to know what happened that my AS-1b's looked so pretty...turns out a lot did.

They really look so much better chromed out. A black cable would top off the look an set it off, IMO. They really need to offer this faceplate option for the ASG-2. Maybe a special Head-fi version???

May 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #274 of 6,413
Quote:

They really look so much better chromed out. A black cable would top off the look an set it off, IMO. They really need to offer this faceplate option for the ASG-2. Maybe a special Head-fi version???

Naw, don't think the colour scheme for Head-fi would fit too well, but aesthetic options are a must that should arrive sometime in the near future. 

May 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #275 of 6,413
The chrome looks sick :) congrats. Now for the titanium plating :p

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

May 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #276 of 6,413
Here we go guys...
Quote:
By the way Kenman, just noticed the words "polished the shell" do you mind taking a picture of the other side of the AS-2b? I would love to see how they look after a nice polishing.

I would love to show them, but don't know how much i should let everyone see as they are technically prototypes basically, and they aren't released or announced. Basically the shells look glass-like, Dale has said thats the same polishing they did to the IEM's in the pictures for the ASG-1 and AS-1 on their website.
Quote:
Naw, don't think the colour scheme for Head-fi would fit too well, but aesthetic options are a must that should arrive sometime in the near future. 

Aesthetic options have been said to be coming. My pair obviously are a point to get some final input into the process. Shouldn't be too much longer, but that's not my call, just very lucky to have been apart of the process.
Quote:
The chrome looks sick
smily_headphones1.gif
congrats. Now for the titanium plating
tongue.gif

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message
tongue.gif

I asked Dale a similar thing. I dont think he's ever going to offer that as an option. Not my call, but I know that Titanium would be silly expensive. You'd really only get it to prove you can, to prove you got the money, or to show off your products to people (Like how Dale uses his).

EDIT: Not gonna say the price i was told for the Titanium, as it seems in the past Dale has discouraged saying a price, but basically I could buy a pair of LCD-2's and not be at the price just for the Titanium plate, not including the rest of the IEM it's attached to. Hope that gives you an idea of why I think he won't offer it as an option. I don't even think he was telling me the price he'd sell it for, I'm pretty sure it's just the cost of doing it alone, but I might be wrong. (And BTW, the LCD-2's would probably be a better use of your money, and you'd still have money left over compared to the Titanium)

EDIT 2: Took this picture to send to some of my friends, figured you guys might enjoy seeing both of them chromed out. 

May 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #278 of 6,413
kenman345 Those are awesome! Look so good, like someone did a Pimp My Ear (Ride) number on the AS1!

My girl mentioned the ASG-1 looks like a hearing aid, but she's very happy at the way they sound (I bought her a pair). To quote her, "This is the way music is supposed to sound" "OMG I can't believe I've been listening through crap all my life!" lol... glad to make her happy!
etysmile.gif

I did do a "mini meet" with another headfier and got to do a quick casual listen to the EX1000, RE262 and GR07. The EX1000 was my favourite of the three, but I think the ASG-1 is better, but when EQ'd. I feel that the ASG-1 was born to be EQ'd and it it doesn't show its potential when it's not, it responds so much better to EQ compared to other earphones to my ears.

May 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #279 of 6,413
Quote:
Here we go guys...
I would love to show them, but don't know how much i should let everyone see as they are technically prototypes basically, and they aren't released or announced. Basically the shells look glass-like, Dale has said thats the same polishing they did to the IEM's in the pictures for the ASG-1 and AS-1 on their website.

To be honest, I think that's far more then enough. Titanium isn't really necessary 

May 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #280 of 6,413
Gorgeous!!

May 13, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #283 of 6,413
Then you can vouch for me that no pictures i take can do them justice. They are gorgeous. I carry around a microfiber cloth in the case so i can clean off any fingerprints when i put them away and after i put them on. 
Quote:
They look awesome kenman, though I did get to see your pair before you :p. Dale told me not to say anything though. Jealous man, they look great and I'm sure they sound even better. 

May 13, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #284 of 6,413
Quote:
kenman345 Those are awesome! Look so good, like someone did a Pimp My Ear (Ride) number on the AS1!

My girl mentioned the ASG-1 looks like a hearing aid, but she's very happy at the way they sound (I bought her a pair). To quote her, "This is the way music is supposed to sound" "OMG I can't believe I've been listening through crap all my life!" lol... glad to make her happy!
etysmile.gif

I did do a "mini meet" with another headfier and got to do a quick casual listen to the EX1000, RE262 and GR07. The EX1000 was my favourite of the three, but I think the ASG-1 is better, but when EQ'd. I feel that the ASG-1 was born to be EQ'd and it it doesn't show its potential when it's not, it responds so much better to EQ compared to other earphones to my ears.

That "other headfier" would be me! :)

My impressions of the 1.2 we were listening to compared to the EX1000, RE262, and GR07 is that the ASG was the darkest of the lot, by far. Most remarkable aspect was the bass, which was incredibly rounded, well-extended and tactile. These would probably be my next recommendation for bassheads going up from the Atrio M5. The midrange was quite sweet and everything was quite articulate, but overall the sound was tilted towards the lower frequencies and mids/treble took a backseat. It was a very rich, dark sound that you could probably listen to for hours, but probably quite a specific signature as well.

Soundstaging was quite good, though not as articulate or as wide as the EX1000. How much of this was due to the ASG's relatively subdued high frequencies and how much was actually due to better transients on the EX1000 I do not know; that would probably take a longer listening session.

Comfort was pretty good but I could feel an area where the plastic knob at the top was pressing into my ears, and I would have a bit of concern for long term comfort for my ears.

All in all I thought it was a pretty unique IEM, but probably a little dark for my tastes. This is coming from someone who loves the XBA-4!

May 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #285 of 6,413
I'm seriously thinking AS-2b "Headphones for Dummies" edition 
etysmile.gif

The red, orange & yellow could probably look pretty sick on a custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back