Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #2,746 of 6,413
@ Kenman:

You said on the tera player thread that, with a good source, the as2's highs extend so far that they can exhibit some sibilance- do you find copper cables help tame that?  Which cable, of the ones you've tried, do you think has the best synergy with the as2s?  thanks

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #2,747 of 6,413
Haven't tried custom cables with them since having the Tera Player. I didn't say they extend so high. I meant to mean that the range is so well spread out that the frequencies that are associated with sibilance are most definitely there (usually around 6 khz I believe for "s"). This means that you hear the sibilance because it's in the recording. The AS-2's are meant for mastering and so they are highly revealing. With the AS-1's I find the opposite to be true. They are meant for stage performance and the treble region doesnt feel very separated from the midrange. This hides some/all the sibilance you may have in songs. I'll give a copper cable a try soon when I get it back from teds_headfood. He's shortening my DHC Nucleotide cable. Sibilance doesnt come from extending too high. I know I'm not the only one to hear it as when headfonia talked about the demo unit of the AS-2 they had, it was also mentioned about some sibilance. I don't see this so much a problem that is at fault of the AS-2, but rather a problem with how things are mastered these days. 
Quote:
@ Kenman:
You said on the tera player thread that, with a good source, the as2's highs extend so far that they can exhibit some sibilance- do you find copper cables help tame that?  Which cable, of the ones you've tried, do you think has the best synergy with the as2s?  thanks

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2,750 of 6,413
Quote:
According to the facebook page, ASG1.3 = new driver, new shell, smoother sound
smily_headphones1.gif

I did not see that part.  I was half debating selling mine but now I don't know.  Maybe I'll wait for someone to get the upgrade and see what they think 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2,751 of 6,413
ASG-1.3 is to be the latest revision of the ASG-1 model. It's not an in between model of the ASG-1.2 and ASG-2. The ASG-2 is a different model from the ASG-1. When the ASG-1.3 is released, their will no longer be a ASG-1.2. So yes, it's like the upgrade from ASG-1 to 1.2. 7nationarmy covered whats to be changed. It seems to be a large update. I'm interested to hear what the upgrade program is. 
Quote:
So is the asg 1.3 in between the 1.2 and 2? Are they adding anything like new drivers, materials, etc? Or just like the upgrade from the ASG 1 to 1.2?

Quote:
According to the facebook page, ASG1.3 = new driver, new shell, smoother sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2,754 of 6,413
Quote:
Oh... Its being released the same time as the ASG 2 right?

[size=medium]We are currently filling new orders from dealers with Rev 1.3 of the ASG-1. It's not an in between version its merely a new revision of the ASG-1. New shell shape, new drivers, new nozzle, new tips, new case. It is a major update. We do have the update programs ready to go but are awaiting a few suppliers to get us parts before announcing them. We will announce an ASG-1 to ASG-2 program first. I think everyone will be happy with what we do.[/size]

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2,755 of 6,413
Feb 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2,757 of 6,413
That stealth ASG-2 is very drool-inducing. Wonder if they'll be able to image and convey spatial placement as well as my To Go 334s... that'll be the million dollar question... 

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #2,758 of 6,413
I've exchanged PMs with Flysweep in regards to the AS-2 proto's handling of soundstage height/width/depth and imaging as compared to the UM Miracle, and FlySweep was very impressed by the proto's abilities. I'd imagine the final product can only be better since its packing a host of tweaks and a new driver

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #2,759 of 6,413
It gives me goosebumps thinking about when I'll get the chance to upgrade the drivers in my AS-2's to the new driver. They're spectacular in the AS-1's I have. I wish I could do a direct comparison for you but it's not easy. 
Quote:
I've exchanged PMs with Flysweep in regards to the AS-2 proto's handling of soundstage height/width/depth and imaging as compared to the UM Miracle, and FlySweep was very impressed by the proto's abilities. I'd imagine the final product can only be better since its packing a host of tweaks and a new driver

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #2,760 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back