Female iPod socket to 3.5mm mini-plug?
May 3, 2008 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gz76

1000+ Head-Fier
Does such a cable exist, and where can I get one?

The reason I ask is that I have an iPod integration kit installed behind the stereo in my car, which connects to an iPod via a standard male iPod plug on the end of a length of wire. I'd like to have the option of running a different player through this same device (just the sound, not any of the advanced controls), so I figure the easiest way would be to have an adaptor cable that I could plug in where the iPod goes.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

May 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 4
I do not think such a plug exists but it shouldn't be too hard to DIY one.

Jun 23, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Found a site that is offering two different versions of exactly what you are looking for:

CableJive: SoundDock Input Cable
CableJive: Universal Dock Converter

Doesn't always work, but they say they have a generous return policy and welcome feeback of system compatibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does such a cable exist, and where can I get one?

The reason I ask is that I have an iPod integration kit installed behind the stereo in my car, which connects to an iPod via a standard male iPod plug on the end of a length of wire. I'd like to have the option of running a different player through this same device (just the sound, not any of the advanced controls), so I figure the easiest way would be to have an adaptor cable that I could plug in where the iPod goes.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back