Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #10,171 of 11,474
I have wondered that same thing in the past. If you can use one and the other as amp with no leakage should work. I did not have good luck that way though. Wish you luck. Looking at a SS amp, to flesh out my listening.
HI CF, hope you are well. is the bloom off the rose with your Euforia AE or are you just looking to have another option for variety?

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #10,172 of 11,474
Thanks again for the vial holder idea - I found one for larger vials on amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09DYH135R) and it kind of looks exactly what I'd want it to. :)

20220308_154258.jpg

Mar 8, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #10,173 of 11,474
HI CF, hope you are well. is the bloom off the rose with your Euforia AE or are you just looking to have another option for variety? No service still like the AAE quite well. I was just looking to try something a little different. I tried using my anthem AV amplifier with the headphones and I was surprised how good it sounded so I thought I would start looking around at solid state amps just to see what I may or may not be missing! Hope all is well with you

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #10,177 of 11,474
I got a load of these Tung Sol 6SN7GT and do they sound good on the Euforia. They just might become my favourite 6SN7 tubes even on the first listen.

Attachments

• IMG20220311134205.jpg
    IMG20220311134205.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #10,179 of 11,474
Hey guys,
Anybody heard the Kennerton Planars (Thor or thekk) with the Euforia?.
Would love to hear some remarks before jumping in.. I have the Magnis and am impressed, but they are dynamics.
Thanks

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #10,180 of 11,474
Hey guys,
Anybody heard the Kennerton Planars (Thor or thekk) with the Euforia?.
Would love to hear some remarks before jumping in.. I have the Magnis and am impressed, but they are dynamics.
Thanks
Hello,
I haven't heard either headphone.
And therefore cannot say anything.
But purely from the drive, I would say it should go to the Euforia.
The Lcd 2C has 70 ohm and works without problems.
The only thing is that the tubes may have to be adjusted, which is of course a matter of taste, I didn't like the stock tubes with the Lcd2C.

I still have the Aeon R/T at home with 14 ohm and the Euforia doesn't do that.
It distorts quite a bit.

Since your 2 headphones are 42 ohm, you would be in the middle of what the Lcd2C has, so you won't hear any hum, as can happen with 32 or lower dynamic headphones.

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #10,182 of 11,474
Yes, he was only here for a short time.
He bought it new and quickly discarded it.
I also just saw that he bought the fake Linlai tubes, as it looks like.
These are not the original Linlai tubes that Linlai sells and distributes.

But the offer is okay considering what the Euforia costs now.
By the way, has anyone heard the Audeze Lcd 3 on the Euforia?
Did it cope with the current 110 Ohm version or was there a kink in the performance?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #10,183 of 11,474
He is a very nice person. I spoke with him in several PMs. I guess he did not find in Euforia what he was looking for, but he is a trustable seller, this is the reason I posted here for people which are interested. The Sylvania 7236 are very good tubes. I have no idea about Linlay, but I think those have to be decent. I had no idea about Linlai being fake, after all they are chinese tubes. Chinese faking chinese? What. LOL.

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #10,184 of 11,474
I can't judge, but it sounds good.

There are indeed a few Linlai fakes, Linlai also points out on their website.

Linlai just calls itself Linlai, it's also on mine, others use names like Linlai Tube.
I asked about this because I was interested in the hi-fi version and unfortunately I didn't get an answer from Linlai themselves.
But from Rachel from Premiumvaccumtubes, she couldn't say 100%.
Her answer was rather buy them from me if you want to be sure,lool.

I wrote to the sellers in China who sell the tube called Linlai Tube because the price was good but the shipping was an absurd $140 extra.
I asked if they were duty paid etc and they said no again.
So you really get screwed.
So it's more like a pawnshop, offer cheap and slap the rest price on it in shipping.

I don't buy anything from China anymore, the last socketsavers I bought I can throw in the bin.65$ for crap.

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #10,185 of 11,474
I'm actually not 100% sure if I want to sell it. And definitely not because of the sound. And I hit the bull's eye for me with the tube setup. Very clear and expansive sound. Great upgrade over the stock tubes. I have a MHA200 as well and I prefer the Euforia sound wise but the MHA200 fits better to my desk :sweat_smile: Need to decide this weekend, one needs to go.

Regarding the Linlai tubes, I have bought them here: https://btb-elektronik.de/en/produc...-series-tubes-factory-matched-tube-pair-2pcs/
I don't think they are fakes or similar, it's a very reputable seller here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back