Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype)
Dec 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #481 of 3,428
Thanks for all your positive comments guys...it's nice to have this feedback already. The Feliks guys have really appreciated our enthusiasm in this project - it certainly seemed to spur them on!

Hope to have even more exciting news for you very soon...

I hear my pillow talking...
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #482 of 3,428
When you get amp check cover over amp seems very thin ,looks like one piece formed sheet metal and its warped somewhat ,.no groove to insert cover in ?     Something to check out .                                                                          

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #483 of 3,428
wow..looks like a huge solid amp this ELIZE
was hoping againt $$ that there will be some wood...or wood verneer..arrghh. :)

was standing infront of a balanced Woo Wa22 yesterday..all the familiar tubes(6080,6sn7,5au4, sweet)
and 2000bucks staring at me...monstrously strong looking..cant afford that beast.

i need the MEASUREMENTs n the weight....
not sure if the coffee tabletopspace n legs will hold up..else it is no deal...lol
where to find my next 500bucks...scratching my head...sacrifice a pandora6?

Will this be enuf to power a HE6...? ...ok i am asking too marrrrrrchhhh :p

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #484 of 3,428
  When you get amp check cover over amp seems very thin ,looks like one piece formed sheet metal and its warped somewhat ,.no groove to insert cover in ?     Something to check out .                                                                          

u have sharp eyes :)
...on the darkvoice, the topplate overhangs the faceplate..solved the little warpish look.
Hynos should be able to judge it better in person..if it is/isnt a big concern.

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #485 of 3,428

u have sharp eyes :)
...on the darkvoice, the topplate overhangs the faceplate..solved the little warpish look.
Hynos should be able to judge it better in person..if it is/isnt a big concern.

Important is what is inside but build quality is important also says alot about the whole operation this shouldnt have left the company like this especially the first one. But i like the looks of it .                                                                                                 EDIT: By the way wasnt looking for defects blame it on my 35 years as a Machinist lol      

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #486 of 3,428
  Important is what is inside but build quality is important also says alot about the whole operation this shouldnt have left the company like this especially the first one. But i like the looks of it .                                                                                                 EDIT: By the way wasnt looking for defects blame it on my 35 years as a Machinist lol      

Hi MIKELAP.

Hopefully not as bad as it appears, but in all fairness to Lukasz and the team I'm afraid it's my own impatience that is to blame...he did inform me of a couple of issues with it being the prototype, and that would be rectified in the final production models. And so long as it was working perfectly I was happy for it to be shipped...just didn't want it to be arriving after Christmas!
So please don't judge them too harshly - I am more than happy to be the guinea pig, lol!
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #488 of 3,428

Hi MIKELAP.

Hopefully not as bad as it appears, but in all fairness to Lukasz and the team I'm afraid it's my own impatience that is to blame...he did inform me of a couple of issues with it being the prototype, and that would be rectified in the final production models. And so long as it was working perfectly I was happy for it to be shipped...just didn't want it to be arriving after Christmas!
So please don't judge them too harshly - I am more than happy to be the guinea pig, lol!
wink.gif

so he is letting u listen to the prototype first...for an impression of the sound ?

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #490 of 3,428
Hi guys...explanations in order...

MIKELAP....The ONLY reason my unit was shipped was because I AGREED to the minor issues reported to me. Otherwise Lukasz would NEVER had done so...
                    The slight gap is due to the changed position of the HP jack...in the rush to get my unit out ASAP, getting the jack to fit in its new location inside proved more of a problem than anticipated and hence the slight misalignment with the front panel. They subsequently found a better way to fit it, but I was happy to accept the initial outcome. So the production units will have everything fitting perfectly. (The second issue, which again didn't bother me at all, was that the anodising of the volume knob came back a slightly different shade to the case - and again will be sorted for subsequent units).

Hopefully this will allay any concerns folks may have about the final units....prototypes ALWAYS have teething problems, as you all know!
wink_face.gif
. I fully expected them, which is why I have no regrets whatsoever about being the guinea pig....(Lorspeaker...I was happy to pay up front, and Lukasz was good enough to make a price adjustment -  in my case -  in consideration of these minor flaws).

Re. use of 6080s, apparently there should be no problem with them...and of course I shall confirm that as soon as my amp arrives.

Acapella11...I would imagine it will be some while yet before they even test for C3g use...so an adapter is in the lap of the Gods, I fear (will I have the courage to experiment myself?...Very possibly!!).

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #491 of 3,428
  Hi guys...explanations in order...

MIKELAP....The ONLY reason my unit was shipped was because I AGREED to the minor issues reported to me. Otherwise Lukasz would NEVER had done so...
                    The slight gap is due to the changed position of the HP jack...in the rush to get my unit out ASAP, getting the jack to fit in its new location inside proved more of a problem than anticipated and hence the slight misalignment with the front panel. They subsequently found a better way to fit it, but I was happy to accept the initial outcome. So the production units will have everything fitting perfectly. (The second issue, which again didn't bother me at all, was that the anodising of the volume knob came back a slightly different shade to the case - and again will be sorted for subsequent units).

Hopefully this will allay any concerns folks may have about the final units....prototypes ALWAYS have teething problems, as you all know!
wink_face.gif
. I fully expected them, which is why I have no regrets whatsoever about being the guinea pig....(Lorspeaker...I was happy to pay up front, and Lukasz was good enough to make a price adjustment -  in my case -  in consideration of these minor flaws).

Re. use of 6080s, apparently there should be no problem with them...and of course I shall confirm that as soon as my amp arrives.

Acapella11...I would imagine it will be some while yet before they even test for C3g use...so an adapter is in the lap of the Gods, I fear (will I have the courage to experiment myself?...Very possibly!!)

Thanks for the update 

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #492 of 3,428
I quiet like the plain box approach adding and finishing wood panels will add a substantial amount of cost I like the wood but it is not to everyone's taste. Its easy enough to add a couple of wood side panels or a wood surround afterwards which gives lots of scope to customise to your own taste which is pretty much exactly what Decware does.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=decware&rlz=1T4ADRA_enGB429GB430&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a8aMVJCYFcy3UcKrguAB&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1518&bih=680&dpr=0.9

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #493 of 3,428
Does anyone have experience of using this Sophia Electric 6SN7 tube? As it garners great reviews from users but is quite expensive. Any thoughts? 

6SN7.jpg

http://www.sophiaelectric.com/pages/se/6sn7.htm

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #494 of 3,428
  Does anyone have experience of using this Sophia Electric 6SN7 tube? As it garners great reviews from users but is quite expensive. Any thoughts? 

6SN7.jpg

http://www.sophiaelectric.com/pages/se/6sn7.htm

Check out Woo Audio owner unite thread some users there or 6SN7 tube addicts thread

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #495 of 3,428
Hi smial1966,

Found a HF thread from 2009 about the Sophia 6SN7 tubes. Some people thought that they were rebranded Chinese tubes. The consensus IMHO was:

"I got a pair of the Sophia 6SN7's...and they were good...but not really worth the money, IMO. No better than a typical pair of NOS Sylvanias, which are cheaper."

Here is the link to the short thread of 2 pages:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/442746/sophia-electric-6sn7

These tubes get a 5 star rating for looks.......

Again, I only read through the material above - could very well be other opinions out there.

PS: These tubes come in not less than four grades: A, B, C and unrated bulk, with progressively lower prices. Saw some reviews on Audiogon that these ratings have nothing to do with how they sound....

If it looks good and is expensive it has to be good... - not sure about that. Caveat Emptor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back