Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 16, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #9,466 of 13,855
Think you meant:
"Black Magic Woman"

Indeed, the "Abraxas" album is superb start to finish.

Also loved the album: "Caravanserai" too...

Joe Walsh said in an interview that if digital recording software programs that enabled "corrections" we're not available, they would STILL be working on the Hotel California album...
redface.gif

tongue.gif

"Dark", "Black". After a couple of Coors who cares 
popcorn.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #9,468 of 13,855
Painful to watch, though. Put some clothes on, you freaks! Lol.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah. I probably should have posted an appropriate warning about vulgarity, children under 18, etc!!! My apologies if I offended anyone. Other than swimming pools or beaches, I never appear in public unless fully clothed!!! 
basshead.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #9,472 of 13,855
Sam Cooke had a great voice and was able to cross over many lines of music, this was also one of my favorites, seemed like just what we needed to hear, but our politicians had a different idea, Vietnam kind of ruined the whole "wonderful world thing for me"  But getting back to the music, it was a great time to be alive. Thanks for the video, had not heard that in awhile.

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #9,474 of 13,855
  So great!! Sam Cooke was one of my teenage favorites. The music was much simpler then. The world - maybe not so much.

Your teenage favorite? I only heard of Sam Cooke in 2015. 
biggrin.gif
 Elise introduced me to his music. Amazing huh. 

....  although 'Wonderful World' was a childhood tune that became ingrained in my mind as it's played so often on the airwaves and I'd sing it to the girl next door. 
L3000.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #9,475 of 13,855
Lukasz has been exceptionally excellent when dealing with myself, so the wait time is not an issue for me and if it takes a little longer than initially expected then so be it imo. Afterall it's about getting the best quality product with a view to long-term use so it's a non-issue for me.

Then again I have patience for Led Zeppelin releases and bespoke orders elsewhere
biggrin.gif

Yeah,
that might be it having patience for bespoke is something that is an acquired taste.
WB

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #9,476 of 13,855
@WB2016 you have 6xEL3N ready I hope. 
darthsmile.gif
 That is a bespoke combination. Soundstage and instruments separation are simply stunning. 

Anyway Randy Crawford is another recent discovery for me and I love her singing, especially this song.

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #9,477 of 13,855
here's a quartet of fave artists/performances (really, each is deserving of a separate posting but i'm lazy):

and i can't wait for the live performance vids from this supergroup, but in the meantime here's some audio:

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #9,478 of 13,855

Lukasz has been exceptionally excellent when dealing with myself, so the wait time is not an issue for me and if it takes a little longer than initially expected then so be it imo. Afterall it's about getting the best quality product with a view to long-term use so it's a non-issue for me.

Then again I have patience for Led Zeppelin releases and bespoke orders elsewhere
biggrin.gif

Yeah,
that might be it having patience for bespoke is something that is an acquired taste.
WB

I do understand your patience wearing thin, I recall my first bespoke order and the wait towards the end was absolutely agonizing :frowning2:

Fortunately it was worth it and has since made wait times much easier and hopefully the wait will be worth it for you too :)

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #9,479 of 13,855

I do understand your patience wearing thin, I recall my first bespoke order and the wait towards the end was absolutely agonizing :frowning2:

Fortunately it was worth it and has since made wait times much easier and hopefully the wait will be worth it for you too :)

No, you misunderstand me. I was completely agreeing with you. Luckily I have had the experience of ordering quite a few things bespoke and that has steeled me a bit to this. Not that the best way to deal with the anxiety is venting a bit. The worst was a custom full wood kitchen. Got delayed twice and was in a house with a minifridge and hotplate for 6 weeks longer than I had anticipated. I was more or less OK with it, but it almost cost me a girlfriend of mine. Luckily she picked the kitchen, so I was off the hook but roughing it was not exactly her style. So I take it with a grain of salt, sometimes you vent but as a German saying goes "For all good things you need to wait". Really much better than lowering quality to speed up production.

I'm now in the home stretch, knock on wood:wink:

Cheers WB

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #9,480 of 13,855
In other news, Axl Rose will become frontman for AC/DC. 
etysmile.gif

Yeah I thought that was a joke when I read it. But then a friend sent me these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm47c76_XRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4WNKDH-4g

Never though he would be able to do that, but hey it can only be better than Guns n' Roses only by himself:wink:

Also boys and girls watch that high volume. Brian Johnson (ACDC) if he plays one more loud concert will likely never hear again, wow!

Cheers WB

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back