Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Nov 27, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #11,671 of 11,833
I've put my Verites to rest and returned to T1. What an incredible headphone.
T1.jpg

Everytime I return to T1.2 I get that "wow" feeling. And it is a good day for music because today is:
black.jpg

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #11,674 of 11,833
Question for Elise owners here that run quad Gold Lion kt88's, I recently purchased adapters from Deyan and a set of matched quads. With this quad setup, I notice what sounds like a ground hum in the background. I'm in a new house and I've already checked to make sure all grounds are good. Also tried a power conditioner and the hum is still present. It hums with nothing plugged into the input or output of the amp. The only culprit left to isolate is to relocate the amp away from my LCD screen and other electronics. Any thoughts?

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #11,675 of 11,833
Question for Elise owners here that run quad Gold Lion kt88's, I recently purchased adapters from Deyan and a set of matched quads. With this quad setup, I notice what sounds like a ground hum in the background. I'm in a new house and I've already checked to make sure all grounds are good. Also tried a power conditioner and the hum is still present. It hums with nothing plugged into the input or output of the amp. The only culprit left to isolate is to relocate the amp away from my LCD screen and other electronics. Any thoughts?
I ran the same GL KT88 quad with adapters from Deyan for several months, have since sold 2 of them as prefer KT88's as powers. but to my recall never noted a hum. Agree with your plan to maximize distance from any source of interference, as this is not likely "normal" or intrinsic to this setup..

Dec 3, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #11,677 of 11,833
Well, 4 new folks joined my army:

Sylvania6V6GTG.jpg

The first impressions are promising. Since these were not new I expect they alredy reached maturity. And indeed, these are not as warm as the Brimar/GEC 6V6G the others posted a few days ago, but are quite detailed and with a very good extension on high frequencies.

Elise_Sylvania6V6GTG_GECKT66.jpg

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #11,678 of 11,833
Well, 4 new folks joined my army:

Sylvania6V6GTG.jpg

The first impressions are promising. Since these were not new I expect they alredy reached maturity. And indeed, these are not as warm as the Brimar/GEC 6V6G the others posted a few days ago, but are quite detailed and with a very good extension on high frequencies.

Elise_Sylvania6V6GTG_GECKT66.jpg
Those look really nice tube @OctavianH, you would seem to have a bargain there, enjoy! :beyersmile:

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #11,679 of 11,833
Those look really nice tube @OctavianH, you would seem to have a bargain there, enjoy! :beyersmile:

They were a bargain at the price I paid for them, but they had also around 75-85% of the NOS value. Anyway, it was a good catch. However, using them with KT66 and VO I feel I would like to have more bass. For T1.2 these I guess should be perfect. I will try later.

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #11,681 of 11,833
I've rearranged things a little bit.

Then I've prepared for Christmas.

Happy Holidays everyone!
And a happy Christmas to you. All looking very tidy.😜

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #11,684 of 11,833
Well I've got an early Christmas present, a Cambridge CXC CD transport, works really well with my Elise, gives clear, clean and detailed, natural sound, all I need now to celebrate with one of @OctavianH beers!!
20201223_153252.jpg
Happy Christmas everyone, here's to a better 2021.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #11,685 of 11,833
Well I've got an early Christmas present, a Cambridge CXC CD transport, works really well with my Elise, gives clear, clean and detailed, natural sound, all I need now to celebrate with one of @OctavianH beers!!
20201223_153252.jpg
Happy Christmas everyone, here's to a better 2021.

I am quite pleased about the CXC, via optical. But I have to admit that 90% of the time I prefer to listen to the digital collection. It is much more comfortable.
This makes me thinking about the guys with vinyl systems which have to change all the time the discs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back