Feedback on new SLAPPA website
Jul 5, 2006 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Dominick

Sponsor SLAPPA
HI Head-fier's

Today we launched a new web site (www.slappa.com) and I'd love any and all feedback on the site (good OR bad, ideas that can make the site better...I'm open to any and all feedback you have).

Anyone who takes the time to help out I'll send a little something for the help.

Just drop me a mail and let me know your thoughts (sales@slappa.com).

As always, I appreciate the support you head cases....I mean head-fiers give us!!!!!!!!!!

Dom at SLAPPA

Jul 5, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 13
Looks great, glad to see you are accepting paypal now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just noticed: the logo in the upper left could use a little more flair.

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 13
Well you asked for it. This is meant as constructive by the way.

Firstly overall I like the site - it is quite clean and it is pretty easy to work out what the site is about - any quibbles are minor and the site seems stable which is a plus but I did find a few issues. The purchase operations see fairly straight forward and there is ample information about the products.

Three of the flag icons are not active - If they are not ready dont put them up as it just causes confusion.

The USA Flag opens a new browser - not necessary if you are there already.

It is sometimes difficult to tell what is a link and what is just a graphic, I personally find the constanlty changing images a bit irritating but thats a matter of opinion. Some of the controls dont do anything yet - I get a number of click to activate pop-ups but the control does not work. Some like the bottom left hand graphic on the home page seem to work intermittently.

The colour of text especially the small print makes it quite difficult to read at times i.e light blue on dark blue/black.

I like the way that DJ stuff appears in different places i.e that you can get to an item from a few routes, so if you discover that what you want is not what you started out looking for you can get to it anyway - but I wonder why the DJ Zone does not have a drop-down menu like the other options.

Having the D2 option at the top of the CD/DVD menus confused me until I realised that D2 is part of the product design - I assumed they were a separate product. Maybe a different highlight to indicate that this menu option is not of the same type as the others ?

The horizontal menu on some detailed product pages is a bit strange on my 1024 x 768 display Product and Family run over 2 lines and the highlighting does not alter on mouseover - okay that is my fault I had text set to larger.

In general I think some of the text is a bit on the small size - I am using a laptop 15" screen and some of the cart text is small (altering the browser text size does not change it) but there is plenty of screen real estate to deal with.

Feedback is generally good though a more obvious indicator of stages in the purchase process could be helpful.

You have Visa, Mastercard and Paypal as payment options radio buttons but show an Amex card to illustrate the security number and have references to Amex payment.

To get out of the purchase process to view something else you have to sign out - how about a home button.

Site map is good - nicely laid out. The Google search on your site is a nice touch, may be overkill now but if your range expands may be very useful.

Nice Site and nice gear.

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 13
Looks good!

Jul 6, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 13
Dom, sent you an e-mail, hope my impressions are useful. I am Brian.star if you are curious
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 13
Just from a very quick browse between the old and the new, I like the layout of the new site much better! It's much more organized and less random, to me.

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #9 of 13
I hope you got my e-mail. The problem with Opera is drastic and I hope I am not the first person to tell you. This would deturr customers away from even being able to browse or buy your products like myself who use opera.

Jul 10, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 13
I know this is an odd way to describe a website, but I think the whole site is too "heavy". It's dark, it takes a bit longer to load than I'd like, and I feel some of the ads are just too distracting. The colors are fine, especially given what you're trying to sell, but there's just some unappealing about it to me.

My main comment, is to keep the design consistent. Going from the home page to the items drastically changes the layout, which I find can be a nuisance.

Also, the coding for the sites looks to be done in Dreamweaver and uses tables for layout. This can be bad for accessibility and as well for supporting web standards. At this point, I think it's too late to change this, but it's worth pointing out.

That said, I like the site overall, and if I need anything of that nature, I'll be sure to buy from you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
I know this is an odd way to describe a website, but I think the whole site is too "heavy". It's dark, it takes a bit longer to load than I'd like, and I feel some of the ads are just too distracting. The colors are fine, especially given what you're trying to sell, but there's just some unappealing about it to me.

My main comment, is to keep the design consistent. Going from the home page to the items drastically changes the layout, which I find can be a nuisance.

Also, the coding for the sites looks to be done in Dreamweaver and uses tables for layout. This can be bad for accessibility and as well for supporting web standards. At this point, I think it's too late to change this, but it's worth pointing out.

That said, I like the site overall, and if I need anything of that nature, I'll be sure to buy from you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Like I said in my e-mail, it is very black, and black images are awful for when you go to print.

Jul 10, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #13 of 13
Coming along! Constructive design tips:

Very heavy & dark as others have said. The photography is excellent but lacks breathing room. Your predominantly black & silver product line and excellent photos would pop considerably more on a white canvas.

There are at least 4 different font families and at least 8-10 different fonts in use. I'd reduce this radically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back