Fedex Update- They SUCK!
Mar 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
I got home early hoping to get my chair upgrade. Stopped at the managers office- not there. I get home and check the shipping status:

Mar 6, 2007 2:04 PM Delivered Redmond, WA Left at front door.

OMG- I live in an apartment complex, my hallway is open, public and visible from the street. There’s no frigg’n chair! The lady I talked to at Fedex said she doubted the delivery guy left it at the front door and if he did and it was stolen he’ll have to pay for it.

It’s a $160 Lafuma- you guys should check it out it looks soo comfy. It’s supposed to be a zero gravity chair. It's a recliner.

101596RSXXLBLAM.jpg

I did file a complaint on the delivery guy Saturday for lying about me not being available and not delivering the chair- I was waiting here the entire day. He never came and lied about it.

I’ve had literally hundreds of items (hell more than that) delivered here in the last 8 years and Not Once was anything ever left at the door. I can’t believe it.

Caveat Emptor.

Mitch

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 19
I get kinda pissed too, they left my 650s in the rain in a plastic bag... left a note saying to leave it in the door, but that was ignored. I'm gonna call next time it happens, esp if its headphones.

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 19
Acts like this are foolhardy, and definitely in contravention of Fedex policy. I'd guess he's new...and doesn't like his job much!
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 19
Some idiot from UPS left a $200 framed print in the front entrance (think open to anyone and everyone) of my apartment building a few months back. Of course, I never got it. Stolen. Fortunately, the company that I ordered the print from refunded my money. They couldn't believe how stupid the carrier was.

On a related note, I don't send anything to my apartment anymore. I ship everything to a friend's address. He lives in a luxury place. Doorman, reception area. Have not lost a package since. I would be screwed without him.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UPS guy left my Cary CD-player at the entrance of our house. He didnt even bother opening the door and leaving it in the lobby of the house.
rolleyes.gif

Sometimes, I think, forget the better price of online. At least if I get it from a store, I know it is handled properly and more importanty will not be lost/stolen.

Also, what are you still doing here. I thought you abandoned headphones.
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes, I think, forget the better price of online. At least if I get it from a store, I know it is handled properly and more importanty will not be lost/stolen.:

I agree. I also live 31 miles from the nearest courier depot i.e. a 62 mile round trip and if I am out all day I have to go and collect because as a general rule when they re-deliver, they will not leave somewhere convenient and in any case from previous experience I want to examin the package before accepting. Nor will they agree a delivery time which means taking a day off work!

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes, I think, forget the better price of online. At least if I get it from a store, I know it is handled properly and more importanty will not be lost/stolen.

Of course, you can't find K701s or most of other stuff people buy here at BestBuy.

How lame. I quoted myself.
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 19
This is why I love getting things shipped to Canada (well at least it works like this in my neighbourhood). If any carrier (ive had Fedex, UPS, USPS etc) cannot make a delivery, they dont leave it at your house. They take it to the local post office and leave a tag on your doorknob with instructions on how to pick it up. Very conveniant (like I said, maybe its just where I live). But usually my parents are home to pick up my package.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #11 of 19
"leave a tag on your doorknob with instructions on how to pick it up."

This was what I expected.

In a twisted way I'm happy it wasn't something real expensive, rare or un-replaceable.

The place I bought it from said it will take 48 hours to track the package? They'll track it to my front door where the guy indicated he left it.

Mitch

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #12 of 19
FedEx is probably the only carrier I've ever had any serious problems with. It hasn't happened in awhile, but at one point they used to deliver my packages to my neighbors for some reason. Luckily my neighbors are pretty cool but I can just imagine what it would be like if they weren't.

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #13 of 19
post when you get your chair, i am interested in your impressions. this chair looks interesting

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #15 of 19
I would have to agree with the OP. I've had a couple issues with them personally, but I also have a different angle, as I have a friend who's a UPS driver. He says UPS drivers have a much better deal..the fedex guys have to rent their trucks and pay maintenance, etc., whereas UPS takes care of their drivers better. I don't know all the details, but he made it sound like quite a difference. It's not surprising to me, then, that their service should not be as good.

Hot tip, though: don't order anything valuable when signature confirmation isn't stipulated. Also, for a nominal fee, you can ship it to a UPS store or other mailbox store without a monthly rental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back