February Cincinnati meet?
Jan 3, 2006 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 369

EdipisReks

Banned
here is the tentative gear list so far for Feb 25:

EdipisReks: Sony SCD-C555ES, iPod Photo, PPX3 Slam, Earmax Pro AE (if it arrives in time), Go-Vibe, Xin Supermini V6, Etymotic ER-4P/S, recabled Grado HP-2, Grado SR-80, various cables

tkam: APL Modded Philips SACD1000, SACDMods Sony NS9100ES, SFT Dynamight, PrimaLuna Prologue One, SFT Dynahi PP, SFT Balanced M3 (if it arrives in time), HD650, L3000, K701, and various cables and K1000s

fante7: Marantz CD6000 OSE, M3 w/ STEPS, Beyer DT880, Senn HD600

nmculbreth: APL DV-563a, Singlepower MPX3, Audio Technica W5000, W100 and W10VTG

grandenigma1: Brickwall Conditioner, Panamax M5100-EX, Samsung HD-DVD950, Lavry DA10, balanced M3, (maybe) pocket reference II, HD650, K701, PNs, EW9s, DX1000s, and RE3s and a bunch of cables

digitalbill: MF X-Ray V3, MF X-Can V3, Headroom Max (pre 2005 version), AT W5000, DT-770, Grado PS-1

strohmie: Creative Zen Neeon, RSA Hornet, Shure E4

acs236: SA5000, Headphile CD3000s, A900

Mikey01: Eastsound CD-E5, Denon 2910, The ZANA DUEX, DM-2, EC2A3/EC300B (and the DT990s, i'm sure
smily_headphones1.gif
)

magnum: PS Audio power plants, G08, modded GCHA, Senn HD650/600, Grado HP-2, various cables

Vicious Tyrant: Grado SR-60

Sacd Lover: SACDmods SCD-C555ES, Singlepower MPX3, AKG 701

Bob Squad: Sony V6

it would be great if everyone else who is going to attend could PM me with their gear.

here is a mapquest link to the Rohs Street Cafe.

mqmapgendwebsysaolcom6ry.gif

Remember, there is a $5 door fee

Jan 3, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
You can probably count me in, weather permitting of course. When does Edwood expect to know the exact date(s) he'll be in Cinci?

uh...i'm hoping he'll chime in on this thread, as i have no idea when he'll know.

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 369
great timing - I was thinking about hitting up the next meet you guys had, I think that if us chicago head-fiers want to have head-fi meets we are going to have to expand our chicago are to include the midwest in general!

If its okay with all you Ohioans (?) and pending the date is free and available, I would love to come up. I would probably get a gang chicagoans as well and we could all carpool together or something over there. I hope that's cool with you EPR, take it easy
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
great timing - I was thinking about hitting up the next meet you guys had, I think that if us chicago head-fiers want to have head-fi meets we are going to have to expand our chicago are to include the midwest in general!

If its okay with all you Ohioans (?) and pending the date is free and available, I would love to come up. I would probably get a gang chicagoans as well and we could all carpool together or something over there. I hope that's cool with you EPR, take it easy
biggrin.gif

you guys are more than welcome to attend! in fact, i think it's great!

Jan 4, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24

biggrin.gif

SURE! But only if we Mid-West,Mid/Southern Ohioians can polute Chi Town for a great meet too. When it gets warm outside in late spring or early summer.
basshead.gif
City slickers and corn farmers, what a mixture.
rolleyes.gif
Just park that blue "05" Volvo between the big red "52" Farmall and the "56" International Harvester.

If I'm lyin I'm die'n, I did Cincinnati to Chicago (to the first sight of "L" tracks) in 3 hours and 45 min. It was the weekend before Thanksgiving on a Saturday morning. Then I did downtown Chicago to O'Hare airport area (where the hotel was) in 3 hours and 45 min.

OH YEAH! Before I forget, the ZANA DUEX will be there too, as well as the EC 2A3/300B and the Dual Mono 2. Just for thoes who would like to get a taste of Eddie Current.

Jan 4, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 369
I'm in, definitely.

You Chicagoans better get your buns down here too, I'm still lamenting having to miss out on the last Chi-town meet.

Jan 5, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #11 of 369
I might be in if I can bum a ride from tkam
wink.gif

I am seeing a concert on Feb. 18th though, so I hope it's not that day
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #12 of 369
Could we have the meet held at "Hooters"? Love there chicken wings.
icon10.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #15 of 369
Well, I have to buy airline tickets now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone know of any good deals from LAX to CVG?

I'm seeing Northwestern for $225. Don't know if they allow dry ice without paying an extra fee though. (must bring back Graeters.....)
Thinking of flying in on the 15th and leaving the 21st or 22nd.

Well, seeing as how I can only bring a few items, what shall I bring?

Sony R10 or AKG K1000?

Grace m902 or Bel Canto DAC2+?

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back