favorite science show
Aug 9, 2003 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Just wondering if anyone else is hooked on these and which ones you guys liked.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 27
A lot of these are good, but I have to vote for Screen Savers
smily_headphones1.gif
Love watching that.

Aug 9, 2003 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 27
I used to liek watching Audio File on TechTV because of the yummy host, Kris Kosach.
3340395.jpg

Aug 9, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 27
michio kaku has a radio show ... professor of theoritical physics
mkaku.org

also liked Carl Sagan's Cosmos show...

Aug 9, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Over 90% of the TV that I watch is educational programing.

Yeah same here. Very little other shows worth spending your time on.

Aug 9, 2003 at 9:04 PM Post #10 of 27
loving the history channel ... travel channel... they seem to have cool shows other than travel... discovery channels ...

Aug 9, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #11 of 27
where's Discovery Channel's "Blue Planet"
alright, its not a show, more like a mini-series, but i still voted other.

besides the Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Chappelles show, and maybe one or two others i missed, i only watch science or history shows as well. And movies. for some reason i don't mind being dumbed down by movies as much as with tv shows. I guess i just don't like losing brain cells and commercials trying to sell me crap i don't need at the same time.

ah. the idiot box.

Aug 9, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 27
The Lonely Planet show on the Travel Channel rocks.

Aug 9, 2003 at 11:00 PM Post #13 of 27
Since I don't have cable or satellite TV, I don't even know what any of the shows listed are.

So my "Other" picks are a second recommendation for Dr. Michio Kaku's Explorations radio show. You can listen online if it is not broadcast in your area. Excellent science news and interviews with some of the brightest minds out there. Here is a list of stations that carry his show.

http://www.mkaku.org/explorations/

This show is fairly new and so I expect them to expand into other markets over time.

When my local County Board of Supervisors don't get their business taken care of in their Tuesday morning meeting, they will hold an afternoon session and preempt the Explorations show.
frown.gif

My second "Other" pick is PBS' NOVA. It seems like that show has been on forever, but it is always interesting and always of high quality.

Am I missing all that much by not having pay TV? (serious question)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back