favorite "new" old cd that blew me away
Oct 29, 2003 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by matthewd5
i just got a copy of stevie wonders "music of my mind" and its amazing.

i listened to it briefly at work and loved it and then i put it on at home with my cosmic and senn-600's when i was getting ready to start reading a book.

the cd was so good i had to put down the book and shut off the light and just listen to the cd.

i can't remember a cd that was ever that good.

i mean sgt. pepper was damn good and probably close, but i had never listened to anything from stevie wonder before and i didn't have any expectations whatsoever.

matthew

Yah I got that same feeling listening to Evil... Good stuff

Oct 29, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #17 of 38
For me it's Cream- Disraeli Gears. My mom used to play it for me when I was a little kid, and I rediscovered it at some point in high school. Amazing stuff. "Mother's Lament" will get stuck in my head for weeks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #18 of 38
the remastered reissued version of The Human League's "Dare!" with the remix album "Love and Dancing."

"Dare!" is every bit as perfect a pop album can be as it was back in 1981.

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 38
Electric Light Orchestra, Face the Music

(A New World Record and Out of the Blue ranks right up there just as highly)

Oct 29, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Electric Light Orchestra, Face the Music

(A New World Record and Out of the Blue ranks right up there just as highly)

by chance is Mr Blue Sky on that cd?

Oct 29, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 38
ok, I am going to lose any rock credibility for admitting this.

I listened to dark side of the moon for the first time two months ago. I never really liked pink floyd growing up because the feeling I got from their music could be summed up in one word, despair. I always respected their talent but there music brought me down in the dumps.

So I bought the super audio cd, since animals had helped ease me into them. I heard it for the first time in multichannel full surround and admittingly a little under the influence(not alchohol).... and it was incredible. It was easily the most I had been into prerecorded music in a long time.

Oct 29, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #23 of 38
Dark Side of the Moon on SACD is doing it to me through my speaker system as I type this. Primarily because of the reproduction quality. Never heard sound like this before. Last night I picked up my first 5.1 multi-channel SACD player. Wow.

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #24 of 38
I finally got Peter Gabriel - US, and I'm absolutely loving it. why this one gets ignored so much is beyond me.

sure hope this guy can crank out a new album before 2010
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
by chance is Mr Blue Sky on that cd?

"Mr. Blue Sky" is from Out of the Blue (it's also available on Flashback the box set in remastered form -- if I am up-to-date, the album itself has not yet been remastered).

Oct 30, 2003 at 6:55 AM Post #27 of 38
The first time I heard Kelly Joe Phelps's "Shine Eyed Mister Zen", I bought it after one track was on a compilation (another country). I don't think I have ever heard a more complete musician. Incredible guitar, an unbelievable voice, and truly poetic and compelling songwriting. He's the Bob Dylan of our generation...mark my words. Pick up Shine-eyed mister zen or Lead Me On. They're worth their weight in gold.

Beyond Phelps, I was given the Bends as a gift in 97, and I never looked back. I couldn't understand how I could have missed such an unbelievable band.

Nov 11, 2003 at 9:20 AM Post #28 of 38
George Harrison's All Things Must Pass just blew me away. I had heard some Lennon and some McCartney (along with the Beatles as a band of course) before, but All Things is by far my favorite solo Beatles album now. Beauty from head to toe. Right from the first listen, it was absolutely gorgeous.

Nov 11, 2003 at 11:50 PM Post #30 of 38
Without a doubt Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, I got this album when I was thirteen. I loved it then, and I love it even more now. Mainly, due to listening to the album whilst under the influence (Me too, not alcohol). Incredible experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back