Favorite native FLAC DAP...
Dec 29, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 46
Only player i have owned so far to natively play FLAC is the Q5W, so i don't really have much of a choice
smily_headphones1.gif
However judging from its sound, i would say it wouldn't be easy to find something much better!

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iRiver H120 it is.
My sistser have one, and it looks quite nice. Small, durable, and play FLAC natively.

It doesnt play FLAC natively.

Only one i heard that does is the D2 from Cowon.

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 46
Cowon D2
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #23 of 46
Some options... Cowon D2, Iaudio 7, Meizu M6SL, Meizu M3

Probably going to order the D2, unless someone releases something really cool on CES in a week
smily_headphones1.gif

FLAC support, sound quality, battery time and SDHC card reader is the main reasons I want the D2.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon iAudio X5.
If you want a smaller player the Meizu M6SL isn't bad either.

Has the X5 been discontinued? I don't see it on the Cowon site. Do they have something comparable with a large HDD? I didn't see anything.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielexc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has the X5 been discontinued? I don't see it on the Cowon site. Do they have something comparable with a large HDD? I didn't see anything.

X5 has been discontinued, with no successor in sight.

The largest FLAC player cowon has available is the Q5/A3, but those are PMPs.

In general, the largest flac player is the iPod 5.5g 80gb with Rockbox.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X5 has been discontinued, with no successor in sight.

Wow, I didn't realize this. That's really too bad. I had better take good care of my X5L...

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #29 of 46
In my experience with two different rockbox'd ipods, didn't like it. The first ipod (4th gen 60GB) had such poor battery life I couldn't believe it. The next ipod, (1st gen nano) never installed successfully. It just wouldn't boot off the boot loader. I think a native flac player is the best option.

It's too bad the X5 has been discontinued. It was hard to find in my area, as well as other cowon models.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #30 of 46
Meizu M6SL. Absolutely tremendous design and sound, and cheap compared to D2.

It's also the only player that natively supports both Flac AND WMA Lossless, both of which I use all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back