Fav song? Nirvana:In Utero
Feb 27, 2005 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
I randomly chose this to play today for the first time in about 8 years and was wowed all over again by it. I thought every track was strong and had to play it in it's entirety a second time. Although having a favourite track isn't all that important, I'd be stumped if I had to choose and was just wondering what others thought or if they did have a favourite.

Feb 27, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 13
UH funny, I ripped it last night myself and gave it a play for the first time in a year or so. It is a truly great rock record.

Serve the Servants gets my vote. The riff kicks in, and Cobain laments about how "Teenage angst has paid off well"...fantastic way to open up in my book.

Pennyroyal Tea is a close second for me.

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
fantastic way to open up in my book.

Yeah that's pretty smart.

Regarding the inevitable comments about Nirvana's place in the universe, I do prefer to listen to the music than the johnny come lately-reassessment-"they're overrated" brigade. That's overrated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 13
I'm not much of a Nirvana fan to begin with (yeah, I'm on the overrated bandwagon), but I really like Tourette's. It seems like grunge bands were able to put together a few very good faster songs (example: Soundgarden's "Jesus Christ Pose"), and Tourette's is one of them.

Feb 27, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by greyghost
Heart shaped box takes it, the melody and the lyrics just strike a chord w/ me

IMO it's one of the worst because it's so repetetive and it doesn't really go anywhere. Just my opinion, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 13
I through this album last night, and my vote definitely goes to "All Apologies." I don't think it's the best storywise, but I just like the relaxed, easygoing nature of that song. It's a nice way to end the album, IMO.

Mar 1, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 13
serve the servants

lounge act (best overall)

i've always liked the super-aggresive production on "in utero".

Mar 1, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by greyghost
Heart shaped box takes it, the melody and the lyrics just strike a chord w/ me

Me too. Heart Shaped Box may be my favorite Nirvava song period.

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
serve the servants

lounge act (best overall)

i've always liked the super-aggresive production on "in utero".

I chose Serve the Servants as well.
I'm glad you mentioned the production as it suprised me with it's kick-ass dynamics and other good stuff.

Am I responding to the post or avatar?
redshifter if you ever lose that avatar I'll hunt you down!
And make you put it back.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #13 of 13
gonna have to pick rape me dunno though cause I haven't heard most of em that much...
*needs to go listen as an album not one of many billions in random playlist*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back