FAudio - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #16 of 105
i feel that 1650CU can be abit too sub bass focused with certain tracks

but that aside, i like how it sounds

how about the Passion?

edit: just realised major costs about twice of 1650 wow

Major will sound abit too much sub bass on certain volume with heavy bass music bcz bass is similarly elevated. I did not try other faudio offering, maybe I should ^^

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 105
@Deezel177
How Would you compare the Major to the Warbler Prelude ?

They're night and day, really. The Major has a fun, neutrally-toned signature with compact, crisp vocals, a rattling, visceral bass, and an airy, sparkly treble. The Prelude has a warmer tone dominated by the midrange. Vocalists saturate the Prelude's modest, intimate stage. Its bass is natural and organic, but suffers from poor extension. Impact is heard, but never felt. Its treble is rolled-off as well, resulting in moderate articulation, but a dominantly smooth and warm stage throughout. They really couldn't be further from each other.

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #21 of 105
FAudio Major: The Major was undoubtedly one of my favourite listens throughout the entirety of my trip. It shares some tonal DNA with similarly-configured flagships – like Dita’s Dream and Sennheiser’s IE800S. Consequently, its signature is driven towards fun, energetic hi-fi; equally bombastic in dynamic energy and technical performance.

I'm a newcomer on head fi and great fan of your description DEEZEL considering most of those item are out of try depending of one's location.

I 'm looking for single driver IEM, not that these are especially reference tunning or better than any other, but for the few i had the chance to listen (xelento, IE 800) i really enjoy the coherency and the global sound they deliver.

i'm actually using an ATH CKR 100 iem, which i really enjoyed thus not perfect and despite a forward medium and average sound stage (after a 150 HRS break in).

your comments on the FAUDIO major really appealed me.

i'm considering to get a more skilled IEM as i came to appreciate these more and more during my travels .

- ATH CK 2000 TI (single DD) which i will be soon able to try next to my dealer
- ATLAS (singe DD) which i listened too quickly last year but seemed great at first but may be not as precise in the bass as i would like.
- CUSTOM ART BLACK but the reported more intimate stage would be a deal breaker for me
- FIR AUDIO M2 or M3 following your presentation from CANJAM

Aside from single DD and based on your description the earsonics PURPLE but that's another thread.

How would you compare them to the CAMPFIRE ATLAS? especially for bass tightness and soundstage depth. Coming from a big speakers set up with incredible soundstage and depth I usually enjoy out of head presentation with depth between instruments, good imaging and big and clean bass Punch. like everybody one could tell..

On another thread it is referred (TORANKU i think) as a very good soundstage iem but may be too much smooth (lack details?)

a friend of mine can get those for me in hong kong if required.

thank you so much for your feedback.

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #22 of 105
I prefer them over atlas too. Soundstage is average but very good details and separation. They dig bass deep and slow low end. Mid and high frequency are fast and details. Laid back 3d image.

Ahmedie i also read your comment and you seemed to find soundstage average (compare to atlas?). But how about depth?

Trying to recover as much impressions as i can and not a lot of people seems to have a listenings experience with those.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #23 of 105
I'm a newcomer on head fi and great fan of your description DEEZEL considering most of those item are out of try depending of one's location.

I 'm looking for single driver IEM, not that these are especially reference tunning or better than any other, but for the few i had the chance to listen (xelento, IE 800) i really enjoy the coherency and the global sound they deliver.

i'm actually using an ATH CKR 100 iem, which i really enjoyed thus not perfect and despite a forward medium and average sound stage (after a 150 HRS break in).

your comments on the FAUDIO major really appealed me.

i'm considering to get a more skilled IEM as i came to appreciate these more and more during my travels .

- ATH CK 2000 TI (single DD) which i will be soon able to try next to my dealer
- ATLAS (singe DD) which i listened too quickly last year but seemed great at first but may be not as precise in the bass as i would like.
- CUSTOM ART BLACK but the reported more intimate stage would be a deal breaker for me
- FIR AUDIO M2 or M3 following your presentation from CANJAM

Aside from single DD and based on your description the earsonics PURPLE but that's another thread.

How would you compare them to the CAMPFIRE ATLAS? especially for bass tightness and soundstage depth. Coming from a big speakers set up with incredible soundstage and depth I usually enjoy out of head presentation with depth between instruments, good imaging and big and clean bass Punch. like everybody one could tell..

On another thread it is referred (TORANKU i think) as a very good soundstage iem but may be too much smooth (lack details?)

a friend of mine can get those for me in hong kong if required.

thank you so much for your feedback.

Hey man, thanks so much for your support! I'm very sorry to say that I've not heard the Campfire Audio Atlas, so I can't really comment on how it stacks up against the rest of the IEMs you've mentioned. But, I did hear the Campfire Audio Equinox, which I believe is based somewhat on the Atlas. It's also on my CanJam report. If I were to compare the Major to the Equinox by memory, the Major has much tighter, cleaner sound with more defined instruments, a more articulate edge and a more sub-bass-focused low-end. The FiR Audio M2 and M3 I wrote about were prototypes that have been altered since CanJam SG 2019. I'll be hearing the new versions soon, hopefully.

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #24 of 105
Thank’s for a so prompt and clear reply.
Équinox is eventualy a custom ATLAS so it’s relevant and totally quench my strong curiosity toward this quite unique single DD iem.

it is a pricey one but so is the ATLAS.
Jvc FW 1000 use to be on my list but according to severals quotations it is too power demanding so i gave up.

Thank you a lot i think i’m gonna give it a try.. i saw it could be purchased from Amazon referencing Amazing Japan resseller

May 21, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #28 of 105
@Deezel177
Which TOTL dynamic driver IEM do you prefer: Rhapsodio Eden and Faudio Major?

Well, the two are extremely different-sounding IEMs. The Eden's low-end is extremely linear, so its overall sound is pristine and clear, but with a natural, un-bright tonality. The Major is a lot weightier and more visceral down low, more coloured in tone to sound fun and engaging, and its notes are more compact in order to emphasise openness and space. So, comparing the two is very much apples-to-oranges. Personally, if I had to choose between the two for myself, I'd go for the Major, simply because it's a lot more versatile. The Eden kinda falters with music that requires any semblance of bass presence.

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #29 of 105
Wow the F Audio Major is something special! I have owned the IER-Z1R and comparing the two, the Major is lighter, smaller and way more comfortable. I feel the bass is a little better ( and has better extension) over the Z1R. I feel overall the only attribute the Z1R wins is on the packaging and it's inclusions. However my dealer did a free swap to the 4.4mm balanced version of the Black Sprite cable for me.

I have also owned the Acoustune 1650CU in the past, and demo'd the new 1695 and 1655?( the white one) and found the bass to be faster and more musical on the Major but it was the treble on the Acoustune's that led me to prefer the F Audio. And I don't really like the shallow fit of the Acoustune models, the F Audio perfect for me as well as having a decent notch on them to lock in the tips ( listen here Empire Ears and Aroma Audio!)

I have owned may high end IEM's in the past and these ( F Audio Major) now live at the top of the podium for me.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #30 of 105
Wow the F Audio Major is something special! I have owned the IER-Z1R and comparing the two, the Z1R is lighter, smaller and way more comfortable. I feel the bass is a little better ( and has better extension) over the Z1R. I feel overall the only attribute the Z1R wins is on the packaging and it's inclusions. However my dealer did a free swap to the 4.4mm balanced version of the Black Sprite cable for me.

I have also owned the Acoustune 1650CU in the past, and demo'd the new 1695 and 1655?( the white one) and found the bass to be faster and more musical on the Major but it was the treble on the Acoustune's that led me to prefer the F Audio. And I don't really like the shallow fit of the Acoustune models, the F Audio perfect for me as well as having a decent notch on them to lock in the tips ( listen here Empire Ears and Aroma Audio!)

I have owned may high end IEM's in the past and these ( F Audio Major) now live at the top of the podium for me.

um is that a Typo? :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back