FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Nov 3, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #1,367 of 2,043
Any idea form what material red cable from scarlet is made of? I mean silver plated Copper etc.

Because i like the sound signature but wanna try something better.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,369 of 2,043
On their website they say SPC, so silver plated copper.
Currently testing that cable https://www.kineraaudio.com/product/kinera-leyding on 4.4 mm balanced, for sure is very soft and comfortable.

Bass is better for me on red scarlet cable, sounds warmer and have a little longer decay.
BTW im using on both cables -3db from 70 to 180 hz because i find too much mid bass in scarlet for my taste.

I will keep warming those babies out, if i remember correctly my maestro mini sound was changing until 100h of playing maybe? or even more.
I think i will use a little extra bass boost on sub bas in some tracks when they will got proper burn in xDDD

EQ-ing on + is safe until there is no distortion etc? im using vst parametriq eq in foobar 2000, also main gain is on -7 db.
Godly bass even in synthwave :) but guys remmeber to have good source material, use minimum 320 kbps mp3 but best FLAC or WAV.
But this next track is true target for scarlet :sunglasses: the bass smoothness is incredible even on that amout of it, u can hear any note on it, its not one big "bass bloob".
This is also thanks to my fiio k7 dac and linear power supply :)

I wonder if Fat Freq can push basshead game even further in the future ..... ? :sunglasses: like 35 db bass shelf :floatsmile:
Maestro mini> Scarlet mini> Scarlet Big aka ear drumm reaper? XDD

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,370 of 2,043
I got eletech baroques coming in but it's not maestro specific.

If you want to lower any treble spiciness I would recommend the Azla SednaEarfit MAX
Thanks for the recommendation on Azla. I was considering that. In the meantime I tried the ear tips that came with SONY WF-1000XM4 and they fit very well. It is very comfortable and seals well. Thus the bass is way much better now

Nov 6, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #1,372 of 2,043
Scarlet is getting better every day, more info soon :)

Attachments

• 370279455_868874191489378_5410682938652179183_n.jpg
    370279455_868874191489378_5410682938652179183_n.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #1,373 of 2,043
Hi, a little impression about my short experience with FF. Regarding sound, it is perhaps the most exciting experience I had among all the TOTL IEMs I got through in recent years.

BUT..

BQ: I purchased the MSE here on Head-fi but left 2 pin socket was loose, I had to send them for repair and therefore decided to purchase the GM, since many of my friends have this model, and everyone is screaming about how good the sound is. I purchased the GM(like new) at Musicteck, and guess what, yes, the left 2 pin socket is loose, cable only goes into the socket halfway and falls out all the time, I wanted to examine the socket a little more and found out that my left GM shell had a crack that goes from the 2-pin socket down to the recessed switch, which was previously repaired in such a way that the shell is now visibly deformed. After all my experience with Noble or Elysian where BQ is on a completely different level, I don't know how to react to that. Thank you for your time. Photos are attached, I hope that Andrew from MT solves it, it's sad that FF which has such good tuning and sound in general, can't handle quality control on a decent level.

P.S Can you imagine purchasing a 3 kilobucks IEM and getting a deformed shell after a crack repair.:confused::hand_splayed:

Attachments

• 2023-11-08 13.57.30.jpg
    2023-11-08 13.57.30.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-11-08 13.57.22.jpg
    2023-11-08 13.57.22.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #1,374 of 2,043
IMG_20231108_180645_024.jpg

A better quality photo, there is a visible seam from the crack, and it feels even better with a finger.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #1,375 of 2,043
Speaking of eartips, I'm having a lot of trouble with my new Maestro SE where they keep falling out if I don't keep my head completely motionless. Can anyone recommend some tips that might have a stronger grip? I know I've seen some good ones online, but I can't remember what they were now...
Ended up buying the SoftEars UC tips, and they're absolutely perfect. Still a bit uncomfortable in my ears, but I don't think an eartip exists that could solve that. However, now they actually go in properly and STAY in.

The earphones also sound even better now because there's a better seal. Previously I had to pretty much hold them in to hear the full sub-bass 😂 and the treble also seems to be a tad smoother with the new tips.

It's a shame, because the included tips are actually really nice; they just don't suit the Maestro SE.

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #1,376 of 2,043
Ended up buying the SoftEars UC tips, and they're absolutely perfect. Still a bit uncomfortable in my ears, but I don't think an eartip exists that could solve that. However, now they actually go in properly and STAY in.

The earphones also sound even better now because there's a better seal. Previously I had to pretty much hold them in to hear the full sub-bass 😂 and the treble also seems to be a tad smoother with the new tips.

It's a shame, because the included tips are actually really nice; they just don't suit the Maestro SE.
Is your discomfort in the canal or in the concha?

Nov 9, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #1,380 of 2,043
I haven't tried any Thieaudio sets so I can't compare, but I will say that part of the reason for the discomfort is just how far these have to go into your ears. Maybe Thieaudio is the same. I have heard people compare the fit of the Maestro with the Monarch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back