FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Apr 29, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #1,939 of 1,949
After about 20+ hours of listening to the SMs (right from the start with Type E tips) with my DX260 (which is even quite a neutrally tuned DAP), I came to the conclusion that we both don't get along with each other. Strange, I usually love some good bass in IEMs but that was just too much for me personally. It feels like eating a good Wagyu steak and pouring a full bottle of A1 Steak Sauce over it. I like to jump between genres of music and they are just not built for that. Yes, indeed electronic music and bass heavy rock sounds really engaging with them and the end-game bass in the SMs is brainblowing (like my avatar picture, lol), but that's actually all what they deliver IMHO. Mids? nope, Highs? if you're lucky, Soundstage? what's that?, Resolution and Separation? yes, my resolution is we both seperate.

I mean, dont get me wrong, they have an awesomely built quality but they are, as many here already stated, for a very specific audience. Ooook, my fault, I didn't want to listen to you all and bought them anyway. So, I'm still searching for a new pair of IEMs which suit me better... and the search continues.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,940 of 1,949
After about 20+ hours of listening to the SMs (right from the start with Type E tips) with my DX260 (which is even quite a neutrally tuned DAP), I came to the conclusion that we both don't get along with each other. Strange, I usually love some good bass in IEMs but that was just too much for me personally. It feels like eating a good Wagyu steak and pouring a full bottle of A1 Steak Sauce over it. I like to jump between genres of music and they are just not built for that. Yes, indeed electronic music and bass heavy rock sounds really engaging with them and the end-game bass in the SMs is brainblowing (like my avatar picture, lol), but that's actually all what they deliver IMHO. Mids? nope, Highs? if you're lucky, Soundstage? what's that?, Resolution and Separation? yes, my resolution is we both seperate.

I mean, dont get me wrong, they have an awesomely built quality but they are, as many here already stated, for a very specific audience. Ooook, my fault, I didn't want to listen to you all and bought them anyway. So, I'm still searching for a new pair of IEMs which suit me better... and the search continues.
Have you tried the GM? Sounds like what you're looking for

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #1,942 of 1,949
Scarlets came in, don't really like them. If anyone on here wants these without waiting months let me know. Will be posting up on classifieds soon.
Bro seriously ? they sound totally different after playing some hours.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #1,943 of 1,949
The 7Hz Aurora sounds better to me after EQ. I basically Auto EQ to crinacle target leaving everything below 300Hz alone, 7Hz Aurora set to the same target but with a generous lowshelf, and the 7Hz Aurora just does everything better imo.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #1,944 of 1,949
The 7Hz Aurora sounds better to me after EQ. I basically Auto EQ to crinacle target leaving everything below 300Hz alone, 7Hz Aurora set to the same target but with a generous lowshelf, and the 7Hz Aurora just does everything better imo.
I dont understand why u bought scarlet?

In 7hz aurora review there is a con called "not for basshead" and u bought most bassy iem ever? xDDD

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,945 of 1,949
I dont understand why u bought scarlet?

In 7hz aurora review there is a con called "not for basshead" and u bought most bassy iem ever? xDDD
Oh I'm a basshead 😉
1000003178.png

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #1,947 of 1,949

Have you tried Maestro Mini? Still bassy, but more balanced so more compatibility with different genres. I like to listen to orchestra with these as they convey the power of a real life orchestra well.

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #1,948 of 1,949
Have you tried Maestro Mini? Still bassy, but more balanced so more compatibility with different genres. I like to listen to orchestra with these as they convey the power of a real life orchestra well.
MM would be indeed very interesting, since they are in the same price range as the SM and maybe someone is willing to trade them in for my SM, they're still like new with only 20-30 hours on them?

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #1,949 of 1,949
MM would be indeed very interesting, since they are in the same price range as the SM and maybe someone is willing to trade them in for my SM, they're still like new with only 20-30 hours on them?
I also think that u will like MM because i had them before scarlet

Definitely more universal in my OP, still lot of bass comapre to other IEM-s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back