FatFreq Grand Maestro
Dec 6, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #121 of 257
Wow for some reason they look absolutely stunning in the default faceplate (lots of shiny gold!). I don't recall the older uni version's faceplate to look like this. Now I'm second-guessing my custom GM faceplate choice.
They are more vibrant and have some depth perception to them in the right light.

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #122 of 257
My GM CIEM arrived today.
Ordered June 4 2023, arrived Dec 4 2023.
6 months to the day.

I know they were held up longer than normal due to the changes being implemented on the universal version.

I checked them over thoroughly, no indication of any QC issues. Module ports are perfect.
Hopefully this is indicative of FF getting past the growing pains and back on track.

The fit is perfect, the sound… Incredible.
👍🏽👍🏽
These replace my uni’s.

Worth the wait.

IMG_1843.jpegIMG_1842.jpeg
Super happy to hear of the good results! Truly a top sounding iem. Fatfreq I think I’ll be giving you another chance after my business excursion is over. Truly a more complete sound and more expansive soundstage to me then the still lovely vision ears auras I went with after my qc issues.

If the qc is back to matching the sound. These simply can’t be beat.

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #123 of 257
Wow they look great @hawgrider but 6 months?
Now that's a big wait... can't handle that personally... although mightily interested in those babies (they look gorgeous by the way...)

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #124 of 257
Wow they look great @hawgrider but 6 months?
Now that's a big wait... can't handle that personally... although mightily interested in those babies (they look gorgeous by the way...)
I ordered at a time when I believe (not officially confirmed) FatFreq was experiencing a “growth spurt”, and they were also implementing changes to the universal version, which carried through to the customs.
The six month wait was tough, but I’m happy that my set is built to the new standard.
If you reach a point you are interested enough in considering a purchase reach out to FF and request an estimated lead time on the build.
My 64Audio A18T were 3.5 months. Just for reference.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #125 of 257
I ordered at a time when I believe (not officially confirmed) FatFreq was experiencing a “growth spurt”, and they were also implementing changes to the universal version, which carried through to the customs.
The six month wait was tough, but I’m happy that my set is built to the new standard.
If you reach a point you are interested enough in considering a purchase reach out to FF and request an estimated lead time on the build.
My 64Audio A18T were 3.5 months. Just for reference.
Well if you look at my sig, I have a pretty hefty collection of CIEMs :p
Usually lead time has been between 2 and 8 weeks for me... but I'll check in if I decide to go for it... right now I might go the cable route with the Brise Shirogane :D

Dec 8, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #126 of 257
Well if you look at my sig, I have a pretty hefty collection of CIEMs :p
Usually lead time has been between 2 and 8 weeks for me... but I'll check in if I decide to go for it... right now I might go the cable route with the Brise Shirogane :D
As headphoneus extremus I knew you were experienced, should have checked your signature. Hope the cable rolling goes well. 👍🏽

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #128 of 257
Guys I have a question for those who are owners of CIEM GM. When you were doing ear impressions did you use a block in your mouth or did impression with closed mouth. And what is the optimum highs for mouth props.
I havent gotten my GM yet but already placed order. I used a mouth block but don't know about the height.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #129 of 257
Guys I have a question for those who are owners of CIEM GM. When you were doing ear impressions did you use a block in your mouth or did impression with closed mouth. And what is the optimum highs for mouth props.
Open.
Your ear canals expand slightly when your mouth is open.
Taking impressions with mouth open will give a slightly tighter fit, maintaining the seal if you open your mouth.
This originates from singers who have their mouths open while performing and need to maintain the seal.

I have done all my impressions for customs with open mouth. And the fit is excellent.

My audiologist doesn’t have blocks so I just sat with my mouth open for the few minutes it takes for the compound to set up.
Not forced wide open, just dropped my jaw to a comfortable relaxed full open position.
Has worked for me.

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #130 of 257
I havent gotten my GM yet but already placed order. I used a mouth block but don't know about the height.
Open.
Your ear canals expand slightly when your mouth is open.
Taking impressions with mouth open will give a slightly tighter fit, maintaining the seal if you open your mouth.
This originates from singers who have their mouths open while performing and need to maintain the seal.

I have done all my impressions for customs with open mouth. And the fit is excellent.

My audiologist doesn’t have blocks so I just sat with my mouth open for the few minutes it takes for the compound to set up.
Not forced wide open, just dropped my jaw to a comfortable relaxed full open position.
Has worked for me.

Confirming this is the best advice here. All my impressions, especially FatFreq ones, were done open mouth.

My GM is one of the best fitting CIEMs I have. Keep in mind - it is DEEP. They build their CIEMs to artist quality so they can be used for as much passive isolation as possible.

Dec 21, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #131 of 257
My new Grand Maestro arrived today

IMG_4784.jpeg
IMG_4785.jpeg
IMG_4786.jpeg
IMG_4790.jpeg
IMG_4789.jpeg
IMG_4787.jpeg
IMG_4788.jpeg

I sold my previous unit because the vocal switch kept digging into my ears, and I wasn’t happy with my 2-pin sockets being rather loose. I planned on going CIEM but I got cold feet after seeing all the various QC and CS issues dealing with FatFreq directly. But I must say, the new version is a significant improvement, not to mention the beautiful new packaging that feels incredibly premium. I listened to them today for approximately 4 hours without any discomfort. The longest I could use my previous unit was about 2 hours before the pain kicked in. The recessed 2-pin sockets are tight and secure. And the overall finish just feels and looks a lot better. I also really like the new metal NOAH modules. A small extra touch of quality to finish it off. It’s great to see FatFreq made the effort to upgrade their flagship product to the level it deserves to match its sound quality. Well done FF!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #132 of 257

IMG_4784.jpegIMG_4785.jpegIMG_4786.jpegIMG_4790.jpegIMG_4789.jpegIMG_4787.jpegIMG_4788.jpeg

I sold my previous unit because the vocal switch kept digging into my ears, and I wasn’t happy with my 2-pin sockets being rather loose. I planned on going CIEM but I got cold feet after seeing all the various QC and CS issues dealing with FatFreq directly. But I must say, the new version is a significant improvement, not to mention the beautiful new packaging that feels incredibly premium. I listened to them today for approximately 4 hours without any discomfort. The longest I could use my previous unit was about 2 hours before the pain kicked in. The recessed 2-pin sockets are tight and secure. And the overall finish just feels and looks a lot better. I also really like the new metal NOAH modules. A small extra touch of quality to finish it off. It’s great to see FatFreq made the effort to upgrade their flagship product to the level it deserves to match its sound quality. Well done FF!
Glad to see the quality of their products and packaging improving!👍

Dec 21, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #133 of 257

IMG_4784.jpegIMG_4785.jpegIMG_4786.jpegIMG_4790.jpegIMG_4789.jpegIMG_4787.jpegIMG_4788.jpeg

I sold my previous unit because the vocal switch kept digging into my ears, and I wasn’t happy with my 2-pin sockets being rather loose. I planned on going CIEM but I got cold feet after seeing all the various QC and CS issues dealing with FatFreq directly. But I must say, the new version is a significant improvement, not to mention the beautiful new packaging that feels incredibly premium. I listened to them today for approximately 4 hours without any discomfort. The longest I could use my previous unit was about 2 hours before the pain kicked in. The recessed 2-pin sockets are tight and secure. And the overall finish just feels and looks a lot better. I also really like the new metal NOAH modules. A small extra touch of quality to finish it off. It’s great to see FatFreq made the effort to upgrade their flagship product to the level it deserves to match its sound quality. Well done FF
Great IEM. Enjoy! 👍🏽

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #134 of 257

Thanks mate! Grateful for you!

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #135 of 257
Can someone who have owned the latest GM take a picture of the inner side where the module inserted into? Until today i have compared both the new module and old module both doesnt sound the same. The new module with old GM case sound lean and the rumble and heavy punch from the bass is totally gone. I wonder what cause this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back