Farting While Listening
Sep 11, 2001 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

briantf27

100+ Head-Fier
Admit it. Every now and then you're in the office or at school - perhaps in an open cubicle - and have to carefully sneak out a silent fart here or there. Be it the office at work, the library at school, or where ever, it is a situation that all of us and the best of us have been confronted with at one time or another. It is nature's way. Well, be careful. I've recently realized that it is quite possible to become so engrossed in the warmth and intimacy of high-end headphone listening that I forget about the cans all together. It is apparently a combination of comfort and extreme enjoyment that causes the distraction. Suddenly and without even thinking logically, you reposition for a discrete emission thinking that while you let it go you're monitoring the sound level and making appropriate adjustments to the rate of release. BUT NO! You can't hear a thing, you fool!! You're wearing ear muffs!!! The supposedly silent masterpiece you've crafted was in fact a shot heard 'round the room!! And later, as you wander back and forth to the bathroom or the water cooler, you wonder why you're soliciting snickers and muffled laughter. Well, friends, this could well be the answer. So as one headphone listener, who has worked far too many hours today and must have entered a complete and utter state of dileriousness long ago to be typing any of this, to another - let me say take heed. And to those moderators looking down upon this thread disapprovingly I not only plead for your forgiveness but ask that you be easy on me and my posting priveledges here in the forums for it will not ever happen again, so help me god.

Thankyou, and goodnight.

Brian.

Sep 11, 2001 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 25
ya gotta slip the left earpiece off a little for the left cheek sneak.

seriously, lmao briantf27!

Sep 11, 2001 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 25
If there ever was a thread begging to be moved to the member's lounge as much as this one...

biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2001 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 25
HAHAHA, excellent! See, here's another point in favor of open headphones!
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2001 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 25
This also goes for muttering to oneself. I've been guilty of both...

Sep 12, 2001 at 11:27 PM Post #10 of 25
I guess some people don't care.
redface.gif

Well, it could had been worst, it could had been a wet fart.

Anyone ever had one of those while listening to headphones?
Id so, did it increase the soundstage and add more air around the instruments?

We might have a new teak in our hands!

...well maybe not in our hands
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2001 at 1:21 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

If so, did it increase the soundstage and add more air around the instruments?

no, but it did SOMETHING to the air around my head.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 13, 2001 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 25
can't be part of this club.....sorry guys....prolly cuz my diet doesn't produce a lot of......NEVER MIND.....

Sep 13, 2001 at 1:58 AM Post #13 of 25
Well gee, I guess we don't need tube amps to get a warm, liquidy sound anymore...
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
...it could had been a wet fart...Anyone ever had one of those while listening to headphones?

I _have_ noticed that after an...erm...event, such as a sneeze, good laugh, and yes, fart, that music is more...relaxed, free, uplifting...whereas before, things are congested, constipated, etc.

You guys are killing me. (Wipes...a tear from his eye.) Thanks I needed that after the serious events that have unfolded.

Sep 13, 2001 at 5:15 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

We might have a new teak in our hands!

I can see it now: listening session consists of good music, comfy chair, dim lighting, and beans for dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back