Fake Sennheiser CX400's?
Feb 21, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 10
There are quite a few fake Sennheiser CX300/400/500 canalphones out there, especially on ebay, so be very careful! However, if I am not mistaken, they look almost identical to real ones, except for some small differences like different color of the logo or something like that. Those on Amazon that you provided the link to, look real to me. They may look a little cheap to you because of the thin wires perhaps?

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 10
It looks like a stock photo to me, but the price is what makes me think they might be.

Anybody know of any good alternatives to these? I've had a pair of MX500's before and they were pretty good (before they blew cos they couldn't be heard over the noise of the bus!!
eek.gif
)

Luke.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 10
I bought my CX300 from Amazon and it's a fake. At 1st i thought it's not fake because the packaging is really good. Can't really tell from the pictures they provided unless it's a digicam pictures that the seller took himself.
How to spot a fake :
-.casing is glossy while the real abit more matte
-.the silver ring has a strip in the center while the real one has a strip that is a little bit of center
-.logo and letter "R" "L" look cheap

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucretia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a pair of MX500's before and they were pretty good (before they blew cos they couldn't be heard over the noise of the bus!!

You will cause yourself hearing damage if you use an earphone the way you have just described. If indeed they "blew" because of how far you turned them up then it is possible some hearing damage has already been done.

If I were you, I would not be buying a Sennheiser CX anything, as they are not the best isolators around. The Shure SE210 / SE310 are much better in this regard and also don't require high volume to obtain good clarity.

And again, watch the volume - I would wager you are pumping too many dB into your ears.

Feb 22, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 10
Nah, my hearing is fine. I was remembering it wrong.

I seem to remember they weren't in at the time, I'd turned it on to get ready to put them in, realised the vol on the ear buds was down when I turned up the vol on the xclef, then turned up the vol on the ear buds, oops.

The SE210's are a tad steep tho.

Luke.

Feb 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucretia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, after a quick scan, I've found the SE210's here:

Advanced MP3 Players for £69 This is where I got my P2 from, good shop.

Play.com for £64.99

The MP3 Company for £64.99

Can anyone do better than that pricewise and in UK?

Thanks,
Luke.

EDIT:
My mistake, falsely said no P&P charge elsewhere. Think I may of found just very slightly cheaper on Amazon though...

EDIT2:
£59.99 and free delivery if you go for cheapo option.
Amazon.co.uk: Shure Se210 Sound Isolating Earphones- White: Electronics & Photo

Anybody else noticed that if you click Sort by Price, cheapest first on Amazon it doesn't even slightly arrange it in order of price. What's that all about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back