Fake Audio Technica CKS1000?
Aug 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gvassi17

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Hey Guys, [/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Forgive me if I sound paranoid but I believe I have just cause... 

I ordered these from ebay (Japan seller) and expected a good quality product after reading the reviews on it…

I received the box (which looks like the pictures) however the box was not sealed (although it was advertised as “NEW”)
[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I tried the headphones and couldn’t believe how bad they sounded… my earphones that came with my Samsung galaxy 4 sounded better…

Is it normal for a box not to be sealed when ordering from japan? Do fakes of the CKS1000 exist? The pictures I see online look like what I got…

I understand they may need a burn in but I doubt they could start off this bad…
[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]The bad quality of sound just makes me extra paranoid that there is more behind why it wasn’t sealed… [/size][size=10pt]L[/size]

[size=10pt]So have you guys heard of these being produced as fakes or am I just somehow lost?... [/size]
confused_face_2.gif

Thanks guys!
[size=10pt][/size]

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 5
That depends on the level of bad. Can you describe how you thinking they sound and how they relate to other in-ears?
The CKS series of in-ears can make any sceptic a believer in the phenomena of burn in. Give them 150 hours and report back.

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Perhaps...

I had a hard time getting the bass to be prominent even with an equalizer... 

and it seemed like the voices were muffled...

that being said perhaps I'm being paranoid because the box was unsealed...

I will take your advice and give them a burn in and hope for the best...

Do you have a recommended equalizer (or bass boosting) app for android that may help? 

thanks. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Aloha Guys!

I stumbled on this thread because I just unboxed my new CKS1000s and was terribly surprised and disappointed by the flat tinny sound.  My very first thought was "I can't believe I just spent $200 on these!"  Followed by "did I get scammed with a fake?"  ...Until I messed around with the fit.  Pushing the buds in a little deeper achieved a proper seal and all my doubts immediately went out the window.  Bass is deep and plush without being boomy or excessive.

To gavssi, I'm sure you've already figured this out, but I'd second what quartertone said.  Play with the fit and make sure you're getting a good seal.

It'll be interesting to see how these develop with some burn in...

These buds certianly won't replace my Dynaudio Focus 140s for home listening, but based on my limited (5 min) experience so far I'd say I'll be very happy with them...

Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back